Post season tour

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Post season tour

Post by becchio bear »

Now we're live on Sky News regarding this issue :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

SG90 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm This makes no sense both for PR and footballing reasons. The country has poor human rights reputation, just like going to Qatar for example. Secondly, why a country with such a poor reputation for football? I get it's all about Radz making money, but why does the club need to be involved for that? Japan, South Korea would be better options just in Asia for example.
I was going to suggest a tour in the USA, but then I realized we don't have such a great record on human rights these days, and as for our footballing reputation..............
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Myanmar isn't banned by FIFA. They played in the world cup qualifiers and won 2 and drew 2 out of 8. They're ranked 135th by FIFA. It's not a black hole and if FIFA sanctions games there, there's no reason why Leeds can't play there either. Second it's not about the Myanmar government. It will be great experience for the true football fans and kids in that country. Where we're playing is in a safe area. I was a little perplexed at first but after doing some reading it really doesnt seem like such a bad idea. In fact I think it's a positive move.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Maybe PH running his eye over Soe Min Oo, the Myanmar goal scoring sensation, as the next piece in his re-building jigsaw !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:54 pm Myanmar isn't banned by FIFA. They played in the world cup qualifiers and won 2 and drew 2 out of 8. They're ranked 135th by FIFA. It's not a black hole and if FIFA sanctions games there, there's no reason why Leeds can't play there either. Second it's not about the Myanmar government. It will be great experience for the true football fans and kids in that country. Where we're playing is in a safe area. I was a little perplexed at first but after doing some reading it really doesnt seem like such a bad idea. In fact I think it's a positive move.
I've started to change my mind too, sport like music can move mountains these days as a positive influence.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I wonder if LUFC will be selling tickets via the away attendance tracker for these two games??
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Should certainly provide free LUFCTV coverage
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Leeds could hold a banner up saying that they don`t agree with the politics in Myanmar.
Now that would be something to get excited about...but nowadays these footballers just don`t
have any balls anymore.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:11 pm I wonder if LUFC will be selling tickets via the away attendance tracker for these two games??
You can have mine Rich :)
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I think we’re missing the issue of why we should go, we should not be supporting Burma by going there and printing it, it’s s horrible nation that treats its people like animals and it’s all so we can sell shirts over there!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Havent the people of Burma suffered enough?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Crikey when I scrolled down then I caught the end of the post saying footballers don't have any balls and then the next thing I saw was Leon saying 'you can have mine.' Thank goodness Leon had inserted a quote into his reply :lol: :lol: :lol:
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

weasel wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:30 pm Crikey when I scrolled down then I caught the end of the post saying footballers don't have any balls and then the next thing I saw was Leon saying 'you can have mine.' Thank goodness Leon had inserted a quote into his reply :lol: :lol: :lol:
Want to join the Hecky-party?
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ricb76 »

I thought Radz was supposed to be some kind of pr guru, but this is some next level Cellini s**t. Associating our club with a regime guilty of ethnic cleansing?! Proven or not, no one in his or her right mind would consider that. We may have just found out what kind of Man he is and it ain't pretty.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Ricb76 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 pm I thought Radz was supposed to be some kind of pr guru, but this is some next level Cellini s**t. Associating our club with a regime guilty of ethnic cleansing?! Proven or not, no one in his or her right mind would consider that. We may have just found out what kind of Man he is and it ain't pretty.
I`m also gettig suspicious of Radz the longer the more...sacking of `the mistake` TC (appointing Heck maybe)...the club badge story...whining about Wolves...now this ludicrous decision to play in Burma. (Some benefit is obvious part of this `deal`...not worth it whatever in my eyes.)

Makes one wonder....the only positiv was buying back Elland Road. (Maybe more a PR action than anything else.)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:04 pm Maybe PH running his eye over Soe Min Oo, the Myanmar goal scoring sensation, as the next piece in his re-building jigsaw !
I heard they were going to be looking at a new goalkeeping sensation Ho Lee Fuk
And a partner for Pontus in defence Sum Ting Wong
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Disappointing January Window- But nobody really talked about it because of the fuss over the badge.

Failure to replace key players.

Insistence that the squad was top 6 quality right up till the Cardiff game.

Raising season ticket prices

Sacking one manager then going on a pathetic PR ridden rant to try and save face for him and his DOF. (squads top 6 quality remember)

Allowing a DOF to influence coaching by bringing in his own staff.

Handing out contracts willy nilly and then complaining the wage bill is to high.

Another rant straight after a game we lost 4-1 coming across as a sore loser having a tantrum.

And now a trip to a country in crisis in the midst of a genocide, provoking responses from the bloke down the road to MP's and Amnesty International.

A trip that makes little to no sense for the football club but does for Radz personally and his own personal interests.

But hey ho atleast we own Elland Road . . . . Oh wait no we dont its owned by Radz..
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:54 pm Myanmar isn't banned by FIFA. They played in the world cup qualifiers and won 2 and drew 2 out of 8. They're ranked 135th by FIFA. It's not a black hole and if FIFA sanctions games there, there's no reason why Leeds can't play there either. Second it's not about the Myanmar government. It will be great experience for the true football fans and kids in that country. Where we're playing is in a safe area. I was a little perplexed at first but after doing some reading it really doesnt seem like such a bad idea. In fact I think it's a positive move.
:tup: Good to see someone has at least researched to try to be more factually informed.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Have deleted the last few posts on here as once again a simple PH comment led to unneccessary over reaction and quickly to obscenities. Please keep PH thoughts to the relevant threads as it seems we still cannot discuss things openly.

The warning Hector issued should still stand.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

weasel wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 am Have deleted the last few posts on here as once again a simple PH comment led to unneccessary over reaction and quickly to obscenities. Please keep PH thoughts to the relevant threads as it seems we still cannot discuss things openly.

The warning Hector issued should still stand.
Hardly an over reaction on my part but simply an observation that PH had been dragged into yet another thread after you’d gone to great lengths to promote separate threads for the PH debate.