The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: The Music Discussion Thread

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:'You need to let go' is a jolly little number :tup:

'I faked it' is really nice :tup:
You Need To let Go really got the crowd dancing, even I had my heel off the floor with a raised knee.

I Faked It is nice, I've downloaded both her albums not had time to play them yet but there 1 and 2 on tomorrows playlist.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

gessa wrote:Old proggers Wishbone Ash, with only Martin Turner , left from the original line up gave a good show
Just to clarify, Martin Turner's band is not allowed to call itself Wishbone Ash, after a court case won in favour of Andy Powell, who has kept the Wishbone Ash band running since its formation. I saw the Powell Ash at Holmfirth two years ago and they were excellent. Ironically, Powell is the only original member in that band as well. Ted Turner is a big loss, although he occasionally guests with Martin's band. Such a shame that they can't make up their differences.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Just to clarify, Martin Turner's band is not allowed to call itself Wishbone Ash, after a court case won in favour of Andy Powell, who has kept the Wishbone Ash band running since its formation. I saw the Powell Ash at Holmfirth two years ago and they were excellent. Ironically, Powell is the only original member in that band as well. Ted Turner is a big loss, although he occasionally guests with Martin's band. Such a shame that they can't make up their differences.
Very much so Gandi

We need to get at least one of their first three albums in the Prem/Champs/L1/L2 Album poll 8-)

Even Hector may enjoy Wishbone Ash :shock: :wink:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:Very much so Gandi

We need to get at least one of their first three albums in the Prem/Champs/L1/L2 Album poll 8-)

Even Hector may enjoy Wishbone Ash :shock: :wink:
Indeed. I'll stick the debut album in when one of mine inevitably gets relegated from the league. :) Gonna stick it on now, for old times sake.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Indeed. I'll stick the debut album in when one of mine inevitably gets relegated from the league. :) Gonna stick it on now, for old times sake.
Their debut is my favourite

Wishbone Ash
Pilgrimage
Argus

In that order for me

I've even got Mrs 64 into Wishbone.....Argus on the car playlist for our long holiday journey coming up soon
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gandalf wrote:Just to clarify, Martin Turner's band is not allowed to call itself Wishbone Ash, after a court case won in favour of Andy Powell, who has kept the Wishbone Ash band running since its formation. I saw the Powell Ash at Holmfirth two years ago and they were excellent. Ironically, Powell is the only original member in that band as well. Ted Turner is a big loss, although he occasionally guests with Martin's band. Such a shame that they can't make up their differences.

Yeah, they went by the name Martin Turner plays Wishbone Ash(or something similar), he didn't mention the other 2 guitarists but did say a piece about Steve Upton who is now living in France but when he comes home they meet up for a meal out, Upton would love to get back on the sticks but isn't allowed through doctors orders, dodgy ticker.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Quick one for Gess and 64, if you like a music quiz then All the way from Memphis is worth a search on BBC iplayer radio
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:Quick one for Gess and 64, if you like a music quiz then All the way from Memphis is worth a search on BBC iplayer radio
:tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Off to see the great man tonight in Manchester.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Last nights setlist

Anthrocene
Jesus Alone
Magneto
Higgs Boson Blues
From Her to Eternity
Tupelo
Jubilee Street
The Ship Song
Into My Arms
Girl in Amber
I Need You
Red Right Hand
The Mercy Seat
Distant Sky
Skeleton Tree

Encore:
The Weeping Song
Stagger Lee
Push the Sky Away
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Incredibly jealous, Ges, Cave is very definitely on my 'must see' list. That looks a great set list, how was the gig?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:

Off to see the great man tonight in Manchester.
Nice one, just planning a couple of appointments in my diary and saw my trip looming (if that's the right word) - can't wait.
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:Incredibly jealous, Ges, Cave is very definitely on my 'must see' list. That looks a great set list, how was the gig?

That was last nights in Bournemouth Nick, I'm off to Manchester tonight, should be the same playlist, has taken 2 songs off the european tour setlist. :cry:
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Nice one, just planning a couple of appointments in my diary and saw my trip looming (if that's the right word) - can't wait.
Where you seeing him mate?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:That was last nights in Bournemouth Nick, I'm off to Manchester tonight, should be the same playlist, has taken 2 songs off the european tour setlist. :cry:
Enjoy mate, should be a cracking night

Was playing a Cave CD on our journey back home from Northumbria today 8-)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:Where you seeing him mate?
I'm treating the Missus to a trip to Italy......Nick Cave just happens to be on :-D .....seeing him in Padova
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:Last nights setlist

Anthrocene
Jesus Alone
Magneto
Higgs Boson Blues
From Her to Eternity
Tupelo
Jubilee Street
The Ship Song
Into My Arms
Girl in Amber
I Need You
Red Right Hand
The Mercy Seat
Distant Sky
Skeleton Tree

Encore:
The Weeping Song
Stagger Lee
Push the Sky Away
Hope you had a cracking night, that set list would be fine by me, let us know if you had similar......not usually one for a love song but "Into my arms" is just nigh on perfect.
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:I'm treating the Missus to a trip to Italy......Nick Cave just happens to be on :-D .....seeing him in Padova
That's what i like to see....doing it in style.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We definitely need at least one Cave album if not more in our Prem/Champs/L1/L2 polls.

There must be 6 of us maybe more who enjoy his music on here 8-)
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Hope you had a cracking night, that set list would be fine by me, let us know if you had similar......not usually one for a love song but "Into my arms" is just nigh on perfect.

Exactly the same mate.

What a night, as someome who's done in excess of 250 live shows, that one as to be up there with the best of them. I was a little apprehensive,wondering if that setlist was for a more intimate venue, rather than a 21000 arena but there was nothing to worry about, he as this knack of almost mesmerising the audience, they are completely taken in by his presence. My gripe about live shows nowadays are the number of folk who just stand around as though they're in a pub bar laughing and pissing about hardly taking any notice of the act that's on, only shutting up when the one hit is played, why spend money on a ticket and not listen really does piss me off, but not last night the first 3 songs played, you could almost hear a pin drop in the crowd, he draws you in so much.
Not a bad song all night, I'm sure you'll love it mate. Wish i could go to one of the other shows too.