The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Music Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

Nice to to hear someone who enjoys both Clementine & Kiwanuka, artists I've been pushing regularly on here

Welcome back Liam :tup: keep on posting
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Playlist in car of late

PJ Harvey - The Hope Six Demolition Project wasn't sure about Polly's new album on first hearing :shock: love it as much as 'Shake' now. Brilliant !
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake wonderful, wonderful, wonderful !
Kinks - It's The Kinks old pye compilation, love the cover
Billy Cobham - Spectrum jazz-fusion at it's best with some great guitar from Tommy Bolin
Lou Reed - Lou Reed Lou's debut album after the passing of the Velvets, stunningly good
Paul McCartney - All The Best an album Mrs 64 & I sing together when journeying on our long trips, great pop songs
Julia Holter - Have You In My Wilderness one of last years best albums. Sheer essence !

In the garden on my bluetooth headphones

Bowie day

Unlike many artists Bowie's music stands the test of time as he created innovative material over several decades.

Black Star a magnificent emotive piece of work, arguably the album of the year. 3rd listen today now 8-)
The Next Day his pernultimate album, not his best by a long chalk, still a good album
Low - mainly an ambient/instrumental album which includes Sound & Vision. A work way ahead of it's time
Station To Station one of Bowie's best even though he was high on cocaine at the time
Hunky Dory a absolute classic which includes one of my favourite DB songs 'The Bewley Brothers'
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Picked up the covers album by Mark Morriss "The Taste Of…"

Its an album of stuff he likes and it is pretty eclectic, I am really enjoying parts of it.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Absolutely loving this song at the moment,been starting my ipod shuffle every day with it for about 2 weeks.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I was going to say that I love that, Ges, but the 'wig-outs' about halfway through and towards the end spoiled it a little for me. That said, I'd never heard of them before and I will follow up, so good call :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:I was going to say that I love that, Ges, but the 'wig-outs' about halfway through and towards the end spoiled it a little for me. That said, I'd never heard of them before and I will follow up, so good call :tup:
The "wig outs" aren't so enthusiastic on the album Nick, so you may enjoy that more.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'll check it out, Ges
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've been in a blues mood all day, not sure why

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

more placebo ft legendary guest...see album poll, all the greats want to play with Britains finest rock band

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

faaip wrote:more placebo ft legendary guest...see album poll, all the greats want to play with Britains finest rock band

My high school years right there. Placebo would be one of my favourite bands, probably only losing out to Three Days Grace.

Unfortunately, as usual, us Aussies aren't part of the "World Tour" over the next year or so. Pretty gutted about that.

That seems to be the case for most alternative rock bands here unfortunately, so we really need to find some class local acts to make up for it. My favourite of the last few years has been Tonight Alive, even though they are more punk rock I guess.

That concludes my mini rant.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Kyle_5351 wrote:My high school years right there. Placebo would be one of my favourite bands, probably only losing out to Three Days Grace.

Unfortunately, as usual, us Aussies aren't part of the "World Tour" over the next year or so. Pretty gutted about that.

That seems to be the case for most alternative rock bands here unfortunately, so we really need to find some class local acts to make up for it. My favourite of the last few years has been Tonight Alive, even though they are more punk rock I guess.

That concludes my mini rant.

Heard a Boy And Bear album I quite liked(Harlequin Dream)I think, how do they rate over there?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I just had to check them out....
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:I just had to check them out....

Which one?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Tonight Alive
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Playlist of late

Hope all the participants in the Prem/Champs/L1/L2 poll have listened to the five new entries in L2

Midlake -The Courage Of Others - one of my favourite albums of all-time, wonderful folky-rock
Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing - fine follow-up to their popular debut, one of the best British alternative rock bands from the 90's
Genesis - Selling England By The Pound - classic prog album from 1973
Counting Crows - August And Everything After - rock music but with clear deep-south\country cajun\type influences.....wonderful
Zombies - Odyssey and Oracle - one of the finest albums to emerge from the sixties, a masterpiece

Edwin Starr - Superstar - underrated Motown artist, include his immense hit 'War'
Birthday Party - Hits - one of the darkest and most challenging post-punk groups from the 80's, aggressive stuff from Nick Cave's band
John Murry - The Graceless Age - stunning piece of work, love it
PJ Harvey - Polly never fails
Julia Holter - delicious, gorgeous, beautiful
Janelle Monae - The Archandroid - one of my favourite albums since it's release in 2010
James Gang - Best Of
Jayhawks - Hollywood Town Hall
Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat
June Tabor - Ragged Kingdom
Jim Croce - Definitive Croce
Juicy Lucy - Who Do You Love
Jo Jo Gunne - Jo Jo Gunne
John Mayall - Bluesbreakers
1964white

Post by 1964white »