The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: The Music Discussion Thread

Post by gessa »

The first year since, I can't remember, that I haven't bought or downloaded an album from the year by the end of March.
gessa

Post by gessa »

fred wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:51 pm Blues for me...play a bit of cbg myself.

Any recommendations Fred
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

gessa wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:18 pm Any recommendations Fred
Too many to mention. In regard to cigar box guitar look for Justin Johnson on Youtube...the master of all types of cbg playing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

A band garnering some attention from me right now - Sonido Gallo Negro

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

For those that love the latin stuff
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

On my dog walks now I'm listening to the best of OMD
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

[url]https://www.distantskyfilm.com//[url]

Just bought a couple of tickets to see this - bit worried as all the press says "for one night only" and all the venues I checked seemed to only have tickets for the official Thursday showing but Norwich have decided to show it on Sunday as well :duno: - it is Norfolk :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:02 pm [url]https://www.distantskyfilm.com//[url]

Just bought a couple of tickets to see this - bit worried as all the press says "for one night only" and all the venues I checked seemed to only have tickets for the official Thursday showing but Norwich have decided to show it on Sunday as well :duno: - it is Norfolk :lol:
How did the trip to Italy to see him, go?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 pm How did the trip to Italy to see him, go?
Superb, really enjoyed the gig. Padova was a lovely city and I would thoroughly recommend a visit. We were sat on the back row of the right hand side of the venue but it still felt like quite an intimate affair, set list was as the one you posted, booked the tickets for this show on the back of trying to recreate the gig a bit. Was a lovely evening after the gig as well and the Italians left the bars open outside with a DJ on, we hung around drinking and partying afterwards until just about everybody had gone.....then had a 2 mile or so walk back in to town with no taxis or transport :roll:
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 pm Superb, really enjoyed the gig. Padova was a lovely city and I would thoroughly recommend a visit. We were sat on the back row of the right hand side of the venue but it still felt like quite an intimate affair, set list was as the one you posted, booked the tickets for this show on the back of trying to recreate the gig a bit. Was a lovely evening after the gig as well and the Italians left the bars open outside with a DJ on, we hung around drinking and partying afterwards until just about everybody had gone.....then had a 2 mile or so walk back in to town with no taxis or transport :roll:

Sounds like a great night mate. :tup:
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Guaranteed to put a smile on your face
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Best served with a glass of your personal choice of mellow elixir, at the end of the day..
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Song to go with our improving weather.

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Caught these guys while on holiday recently, Mrs NW even got herself a signed cd afterwards! - the classical vocals were beautiful....I can take or leave the Coldplay bit but it did work.....

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Apologies, as a 'Ballboy' I haven't waded through the preceding 1444 pages of this thread, but thought it would be interesting to hear peoples first, best, worst and last concerts. So anyway here's mine:

First - The Skids (Lincoln Drill Hall) 1979

Best - very difficult choice this one, but I'd have to go for The Pogues (Brixton Academy) 1990

Worst - it's got to be Texas, who were support to Simple Minds (at the old Cardiff Arms Park) in 1989 - they were utter garbage. Running them close however, are The Style Council, who played some CND concert at Brockwell Park, Brixton in 1992/93 (that we only went to, because as impoverished students it was a free bus to London for the day)

Last - tribute bands I know can be great, crap or anywhere inbetween, but a few months ago a few months ago we went to see a Led Zep tribute band called Whole Lotta Led at a small local venue called the Globe (Cardiff) and they were fantastic - 2 sets, played a selection of Zep classics (with the odd left field song thrown in amongst) and then IV in full (in track order) for the second part. Well worth £16.50 for >2.5 hrs. If they are on in a club/pub near you I'd recommend them !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Come back to you on the worst ???

First - Free
Best - Wishbone Ash, Supertramp, Van Morrison, Santana, Smiths, U2/(early), Morrissey, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, The Who.....could add more !
Worst -
Last - Wally

Not the worst

Most disappointed - The Killers plus my soul hero who was shot to pieces with drugs Marvin Gaye
gessa

Post by gessa »

First Steve Gibbons Band - Birmingham Odean 1977

Best Extremely difficult, so will go for most enjoyable - King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard - Manchester Ritz 2016

Worst The Who - Birmingham NEC 1981.

Last Mark Lanegan Band - Dec 2017 Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall.

Next The Dead South This Saturday -The Soundhouse Leicester
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:20 pm
Worst The Who - Birmingham NEC 1981.
Past their best by 1981

Enjoy Dead South mate :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:22 pm Past their best by 1981

Enjoy Dead South mate :tup:
They certainly were mate, Townsend tried to make it a 1 man show and Daltrey sang like a horse with laryngitis.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:30 pm They certainly were mate, Townsend tried to make it a 1 man show and Daltrey sang like a horse with laryngitis.
Yes sadly Daltrey lost his voice