Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:02 pm Year of the Tiger
Yes, and I am also a Leo, does that make me a Tigon/Ligon ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

probably, I'm a fish (Born on St Patricks day) Tiger but the hour of my birth makes me a water Tiger which is kinda cool. Not that I have any belief in that but the ex wife was into it big time...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 pm probably, I'm a fish (Born on St Patricks day) Tiger but the hour of my birth makes me a water Tiger which is kinda cool. Not that I have any belief in that but the ex wife was into it big time...
That is cool, my younger sister was also born on St Patrick's Day :fish: :tiger:
hector

Post by hector »

My sister is also a Paddys day child
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

March 18th is where it's at.
Blackadder
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Blackadder »

Hi Folks

Long time LUFC fan here (c.1972) living in Sydney, but still get to the odd match when back in Blighty. I still get that rush of blood when I get up Sunday morning knowing the Mighty Whites have been playing the day before and searching desperately for the results. Been a grumpy bar steward on sundays for far too long so my wife’s enjoying my improved demeanour so far this season.

Been stalking you all on this site for a few years and although I became a member a year or so ago, never got round to introducing myself so HELLO 👋. Looking forward to some interesting and stimulating debates 👍

Blackadder
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome Blackadder, we have a couple of Aussies on here.....and Harry
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:11 pm March 18th is where it's at.
for what it is worth this is the astrological description of your date of birth: "March 18 zodiac people are on the Pisces-Aries Cusp. We call this the Cusp of Rebirth. Two planets, Neptune and Mars, rule over this cusp. ... The Cusp of Rebirth has empowered you to take control of your finances"
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:11 pm March 18th is where it's at.
for what it is worth this is the astrological description of your date of birth: "March 18 zodiac people are on the Pisces-Aries Cusp. We call this the Cusp of Rebirth. Two planets, Neptune and Mars, rule over this cusp. ... The Cusp of Rebirth has empowered you to take control of your finances"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'm definitely on the Pisces side of the cusp, and I wouldn't say financial control was one of my defining characteristics. Mars and Mercury in Aries though, so I get the argumentative side!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ditto
El Loco
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by El Loco »

The thing that hurts me the most is, that if Sheffield promote, they're gunna park the bus in every game and get destroyed 6's and 7's in the prem, whilst Bielsa could get some good players next season and embarrass top teams with his tactics, It kills me for real.
Minimal
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Minimal »

I was offered corporate tickets to Chelsea v Burnley tonight. I was so disgusted with Friday, I thought sod it, why not - mates and free booze.

We were 1-0 down in taxi and they had game on in the lounge. I was so bitter, I could barely watch.

Second goal went in and there was a bit an awkward silence as I thumped the table.

10 minutes later the waitress came over with some pints and inadvertently dropped on right into my lap.

I left at half time, with piss wet pants, stinking of IPA.

This Easter has been real rough.
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by R0lferoo »

45 years and the pain goes on...😂😢
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

I was born on Rabbie Burns night quite a few years ago now. Chinese calendar reveals it was year of the twat.
Yup, it's me.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Born in London 1964. Started supporting the boys in 1970. Been spending a fortune travelling to see them from my home in Essex since 1979. Absolutely love the club. The pain of our history just makes that love deeper. Once a white, always a white. MOT ALAW.

Been reading posts on the forum for a year or so now. Seems a friendly place with a general acceptance for different opinions. Thought it was time I joined you all
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome Denman..I'm Essex born though not raised.
Arrystottle
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Arrystottle »

First game swfc 67 or 68 stood in the west stand paddock, which for of you young guns is the lower seating area where the away fans now sit. First season ticket early 70's cost £11.50 !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Arrystottle wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:51 pm First game swfc 67 or 68 stood in the west stand paddock, which for of you young guns is the lower seating area where the away fans now sit. First season ticket early 70's cost £11.50 !!
Welcome Arry again

The only standing area of the West Stand then
Cluds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Cluds »

Guess I am likely to be one of the oldest here. Born in Wortley, then primary school in Beeston. By the time I was 7 I was hooked. We could hear the crowd from our house (edge of Cross Flatts Park.) My dad took me to Elland Road on Boxing Day 1956. We played Blackpool and won 5 1, but I went through half my life thinking it had been 3 1 till I actually looked it up! Since then I have lived in Leeds, Liverpool, Chester and now just north of London. Season ticket till early 2000s but now just get to games when I can, especially the London ones.
Failed to get a Charlton ticket for first time ever, so if anyone ends up with a spare?!