Supporting Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11448
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Contact:

Supporting Leeds

Postby Martyn » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:59 pm

Osprey wrote:I've only just joined the forum but I've supported Leeds since October 7, 1967. On that day we beat Chelsea 7-0. :-D


I was there. First time in the history of league football that seven different players scored for one team in a game.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:12 am

Martyn wrote:
I was there. First time in the history of league football that seven different players scored for one team in a game.


Tommy Docherty was sacked on the Friday, then Leeds demolished a dejected Chelsea team :-D

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby weasel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:36 am

Seems part of supporting Leeds is to boo our own players.

Friday’s match was marred slightly by verbal exchanges between defender Giuseppe Bellusci and Leeds supporters who attended the friendly.

Bellusci – one of six foreign players who were controversially declared injured 24 hours before a game at Charlton Athletic in April – was booed by sections of the crowd during his appearance in the first half.

The centre-back, who cost £1.6m from Catania last August, has three years left on his contract and is expected to be heavily involved in Leeds’ forthcoming campaign.

Writing on Twitter on Saturday, Bellusci said: “For those who did not understand. I said: ‘(You) don’t like me ok. But the first game you should support the team, not me.”


http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7355057

Absolutely disgraceful and once again we have fans acting against the best interests of the club and harming our chances of success.
Senor El Weasel

Genghers
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4728
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby Genghers » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:09 am

weasel wrote:Seems part of supporting Leeds is to boo our own players.

Friday’s match was marred slightly by verbal exchanges between defender Giuseppe Bellusci and Leeds supporters who attended the friendly.

Bellusci – one of six foreign players who were controversially declared injured 24 hours before a game at Charlton Athletic in April – was booed by sections of the crowd during his appearance in the first half.

The centre-back, who cost £1.6m from Catania last August, has three years left on his contract and is expected to be heavily involved in Leeds’ forthcoming campaign.

Writing on Twitter on Saturday, Bellusci said: “For those who did not understand. I said: ‘(You) don’t like me ok. But the first game you should support the team, not me.”


http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7355057

Absolutely disgraceful and once again we have fans acting against the best interests of the club and harming our chances of success.

Indeed, absolutely shocking. Same with the anti-Cellino chants - what does it achieve?

Bellusci will be important this season and unless we bring in another CB I can imagine it will be a partnership between him and Bamba as first choice.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:34 am

weasel wrote:Seems part of supporting Leeds is to boo our own players.

Friday’s match was marred slightly by verbal exchanges between defender Giuseppe Bellusci and Leeds supporters who attended the friendly.

Bellusci – one of six foreign players who were controversially declared injured 24 hours before a game at Charlton Athletic in April – was booed by sections of the crowd during his appearance in the first half.

The centre-back, who cost £1.6m from Catania last August, has three years left on his contract and is expected to be heavily involved in Leeds’ forthcoming campaign.

Writing on Twitter on Saturday, Bellusci said: “For those who did not understand. I said: ‘(You) don’t like me ok. But the first game you should support the team, not me.”


http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7355057

Absolutely disgraceful and once again we have fans acting against the best interests of the club and harming our chances of success.


If Rossler is okay with the Italians & their team mates are ok with them. Why would fans decide to drive them out of the club ? Our fans allegedly want success & stability, then they do everything in their power to destabilise the team/club. Same with Cellino who has saved our club :? They see no hypocrisy in their actions, an odd bunch indeed. I despair !

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:38 am

Genghers wrote:Indeed, absolutely shocking. Same with the anti-Cellino chants - what does it achieve?

Bellusci will be important this season and unless we bring in another CB I can imagine it will be a partnership between him and Bamba as first choice.


Our best CB pairing by a country mile last season. I enjoyed several clean sheets :-D obviously a section of our fans would prefer a trier in there who makes mistakes that leads up to us conceding goals....strange theory indeed :?

User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2579
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby Wolfetoneleeds » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 am

Fuckinh joke!!!
Same with this leeds fans share,
Seems to be a pissing contest
"If you haven't put money in your not a real fan"

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:25 pm

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Fuckinh joke!!!
Same with this leeds fans share,
Seems to be a pissing contest
"If you haven't put money in your not a real fan"


Half these fans don't attend games, they sit on the sidelines having a good whinge, they think they know how to run a business the size of LUFC when all they are doing is destabilising our club

I put in plenty of money into my club without contributing to that lot, when they realise Cellino has no intention of selling they will creep back into their shells just as LUST did :roll:

User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2579
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby Wolfetoneleeds » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Ah frig that, no way putting money into it,
Not gonna knock those that do!
But not for me!

User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2579
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby Wolfetoneleeds » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:46 pm

And you would get slaughtered on waccoe for saying what you did there 64 ;)

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:And you would get slaughtered on waccoe for saying what you did there 64 ;)


Edited my post as it was a bit strong

Had my fill of waccoe a few years ago Wolfie, have some good friends on there who i often see at ER

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby weasel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:11 pm

You would think that people would realise by now that chanting against any leeds player/chairman etc does not make the team play better, it mkaes them play worse as they are more nervy and you get players not wanting the ball as they don't want to get booed. Get 40,000 fans or even just a handful of away fans all supporting the team and it inspires them to give their all.

Is Bellusci gonna suddenly think 'You know what I will give it 100% to prove these people wrong' or is he more likely gonna lose his focus and make mistakes that cost goals, subsequently getting dropped and his value dropping. The club then has a player that isn't good enough for the first team any more (despite having the talent to be) and is simply a burden on the wage bill as other clubs see him as the player that was making mistakes.

Is Cellino going to think 'You know what these fans don't like me so I will sell to someone who will have the interests of Leeds Utd at heart no matter what they offer' or is he going to think 'I can't be bothered any more I won't invest any more money, I will sell off all he assets to get my money back and simply sell to anyone who will give me the most money no matter what their plans are'

Marching On Together unlesss we don't like you in which case we will do our best to destabilise the club and then we can moan even more cos they aren't winning matches. F*cking m*ppets.
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby 1964white » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm

weasel wrote:You would think that people would realise by now that chanting against any leeds player/chairman etc does not make the team play better, it mkaes them play worse as they are more nervy and you get players not wanting the ball as they don't want to get booed. Get 40,000 fans or even just a handful of away fans all supporting the team and it inspires them to give their all.

Is Bellusci gonna suddenly think 'You know what I will give it 100% to prove these people wrong' or is he more likely gonna lose his focus and make mistakes that cost goals, subsequently getting dropped and his value dropping. The club then has a player that isn't good enough for the first team any more (despite having the talent to be) and is simply a burden on the wage bill as other clubs see him as the player that was making mistakes.

Is Cellino going to think 'You know what these fans don't like me so I will sell to someone who will have the interests of Leeds Utd at heart no matter what they offer' or is he going to think 'I can't be bothered any more I won't invest any more money, I will sell off all he assets to get my money back and simply sell to anyone who will give me the most money no matter what their plans are'

Marching On Together unlesss we don't like you in which case we will do our best to destabilise the club and then we can moan even more cos they aren't winning matches. F*cking m*ppets.


This is becoming a habit Weasel as i couldn't agree with you more :tup:

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13996
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby gessa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:32 pm

1964white wrote:
If Rossler is okay with the Italians & their team mates are ok with them. Why would fans decide to drive them out of the club ? Our fans allegedly want success & stability, then they do everything in their power to destabilise the team/club. Same with Cellino who has saved our club :? They see no hypocrisy in their actions, an odd bunch indeed. I despair !


But to be fair, the actions of the so called scum6,(I think it was 5 ) didn't do much to stabilise the club and if it wasn't for the good run we had just before the strike, then we could have been in trouble because of their actions, personally I don't think any of them should wear the shirt again, but having said that I would never boo a player during a game.

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Supporting Leeds - Our current supporters/MERGED

Postby weasel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:10 pm

You can't really say the actions threatened the stability in regards to potential relegation though as they came after our safety had been secured (with noticeable performance from Silvestre, Bellusci and latterly Antenucci in securing the safety). Reading between the lines (with the Thomposn sacking et al) there was obviously something very wrong at the club and a divide had formed. Hopefully that is all in the past and the whole squad is untied again.
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:04 am

gessa wrote:
But to be fair, the actions of the so called scum6,(I think it was 5 ) didn't do much to stabilise the club and if it wasn't for the good run we had just before the strike, then we could have been in trouble because of their actions, personally I don't think any of them should wear the shirt again, but having said that I would never boo a player during a game.


No one knows what went on with Redfern/Thompson but it must have been cataclysmic if players went on strike, it was obvious there was a divide between Cellino/Pearson & Redfern/Thompson at the calamity press conference.
Personally i'm against employees striking within any workforce, i don't condone the actions of the said six !

User avatar
beer belly bert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am
Location: bottom of a glass

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby beer belly bert » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:18 pm

born in 1964 into a leeds sporting family went to my 1st leeds match 1969 (don't remember it ) I also follow rhinos and yorks cricket , used to watch bramley rl and followed guiseley for a few seasons when my son played for them
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 50078
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:46 pm

beer belly bert wrote:born in 1964 into a leeds sporting family went to my 1st leeds match 1969 (don't remember it ) I also follow rhinos and yorks cricket , used to watch bramley rl and followed guiseley for a few seasons when my son played for them


Welcome to MOT Bert

Also follow the Rhinos & YCC too

Yorks v Lancs already pencilled in next season :-D

User avatar
beer belly bert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am
Location: bottom of a glass

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby beer belly bert » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:54 pm

1964white wrote:
Welcome to MOT Bert

Also follow the Rhinos & YCC too

Yorks v Lancs already pencilled in next season :-D


cheers mate loving the tone and the atmosphere already on here
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17853
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby faaip » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:48 pm

1964white wrote:
Welcome to MOT Bert

Also follow the Rhinos & YCC too

Yorks v Lancs already pencilled in next season :-D



I have no interest in the rhinos and YCCC isn't high on my cricket teams ...but welcome 3B
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Bridcutt, Vierra, Pedraza , Roofe, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Phillips - Doukara - Antonsson - Coyle - Peacock Farrell - Dallas


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests