Supporting Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14405
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby gessa » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:41 pm

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!


Welcome to the forum MSW, I'm sure the few ladies on here will be glad of some more female company.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:51 pm

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!


Welcome aboard Miss SurreyWhite, another lady to go along with Becchio Bear, Whiteswan, LUFCRACE & Mrs 64 of course to keep us fella's in order :-D

Scarborough is only 20 miles away from us. Saw a few games there, as you say such a shame the ground doesn't exist anymore. Visited your hometown a few weeks ago

User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby MissSurreyWhite » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:00 pm

I am on the TeamTalk Forum but that format took a dive this year with its emphasis on the Premiership, and it lost so many Leeds posters, so wanted to find another LUFC forum.

I purposely added the 'Miss' as there is an assumption that posters are male! :-)

Looking forward to chatting to the 'tribe'.

MOT

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:05 pm

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I am on the TeamTalk Forum but that format took a dive this year with its emphasis on the Premiership, and it lost so many Leeds posters, so wanted to find another LUFC forum.

I purposely added the 'Miss' as there is an assumption that posters are male! :-)

Looking forward to chatting to the 'tribe'.

MOT


I would say this is the most friendliest forum

Enjoy MOT Miss SW :tup:

User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby MissSurreyWhite » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:50 am

I don't have a pet for my moniker - maybe a selfie isn't he right thing to use!

User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5749
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby lufc1304 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Welcome aboard, Miss SW! Enjoy the forum; as Leon (64) says, we're a friendly bunch and none of us bite. Unless you ask nicely!! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:07 pm

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I don't have a pet for my moniker - maybe a selfie isn't he right thing to use!


And I was trying to work out who is the actress/comedian in your avatar :wink:

User avatar
Crude
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Twitter: crudos
Location: 'Merica

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby Crude » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:10 pm

MSW, welcome to the best Leeds United forum on the internetwebz!
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby faaip » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:54 pm

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!



OK I should be the only White from Surrey on the forum....Admin I object!!

erm Welcome anyway
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Bridcutt, Vierra, Pedraza , Roofe, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Phillips - Doukara - Antonsson - Coyle - Peacock Farrell - Dallas

User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby MissSurreyWhite » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:50 am

But your located in 'Gods own county'?
I am born and bred there I just 'appen to live down here now!

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby faaip » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Yorkshire, I think, is god's own country, I made Surrey god's own county. I was born in Essex but moved to surrey aged 1
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Bridcutt, Vierra, Pedraza , Roofe, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Phillips - Doukara - Antonsson - Coyle - Peacock Farrell - Dallas

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby faaip » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

faaip wrote:Yorkshire, I think, is god's own country, I made Surrey god's own county. I was born in Essex but moved to surrey aged 1



and I'm still there...though I support Hampshire...and Leeds .....and most importantly THE

Image
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Bridcutt, Vierra, Pedraza , Roofe, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Phillips - Doukara - Antonsson - Coyle - Peacock Farrell - Dallas

NorfolkWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby NorfolkWhite » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:47 am

Quick hello from a newbie on the forum

Long time lurker having used the site primarily to keep up to date with match reports and gossip from people who are much closer to the action than me, always find the team reports and ratings from regular match goers a great insight and there seems to be much more balance about comments than some other sites!

Lifelong supporter of Leeds but watched most regularly when we were in the old second division with our succession of ex players as managers. Favorite player ever - John Sheridan, saw him score some great goals in to the Kop end and loved to get a foot in! Best player I think I've seen (despite where he ended up) must be Rio - when you watched him live you fully appreciated how well he read the game and squashed any danger before it became a problem.

As the name suggests I'm now down in Norfolk (Norwich) and get to Carrow Road fairly regularly to keep an eye on Jonny!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:18 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:Quick hello from a newbie on the forum

Long time lurker having used the site primarily to keep up to date with match reports and gossip from people who are much closer to the action than me, always find the team reports and ratings from regular match goers a great insight and there seems to be much more balance about comments than some other sites!

Lifelong supporter of Leeds but watched most regularly when we were in the old second division with our succession of ex players as managers. Favorite player ever - John Sheridan, saw him score some great goals in to the Kop end and loved to get a foot in! Best player I think I've seen (despite where he ended up) must be Rio - when you watched him live you fully appreciated how well he read the game and squashed any danger before it became a problem.

As the name suggests I'm now down in Norfolk (Norwich) and get to Carrow Road fairly regularly to keep an eye on Jonny!


Welcome to MOT Norfolk White & thank you for the nice comments about our forum :tup:

Sheridan was a hell of a player & i agree with you on Rio, one of the most cultured centre-backs I've witnessed in my 54 years watching football.

I'll be down in lovely Norfolk on Saturday November 5th :scarf1:

LUFC 1966
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby LUFC 1966 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:29 am

Earliest Leeds memory was 1970 cup final when we lost to Chelski . jumped for joy in 1972 when we beat the Arsenal. Cried tears in 1973 when we lost to Sunderland. Hated Beckenbauer when we lost the European cup final. Emigrated to SA in 1977 so followed frm afar. First stop in 2001 when I came back was Leeds v Liverpool cup match lost 2-1 Barmby and Heskey scored. Regular attendee since 2001 and season ticket holder past 6 seasons..... seen the good (o'leary's team/Grayson's team) the bad (Blackwell) and the ugly (warnock and Evans ).... extremely hopeful for the Monk era to be successful.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:21 pm

LUFC 1966 wrote:Earliest Leeds memory was 1970 cup final when we lost to Chelski . jumped for joy in 1972 when we beat the Arsenal. Cried tears in 1973 when we lost to Sunderland. Hated Beckenbauer when we lost the European cup final. Emigrated to SA in 1977 so followed frm afar. First stop in 2001 when I came back was Leeds v Liverpool cup match lost 2-1 Barmby and Heskey scored. Regular attendee since 2001 and season ticket holder past 6 seasons..... seen the good (o'leary's team/Grayson's team) the bad (Blackwell) and the ugly (warnock and Evans ).... extremely hopeful for the Monk era to be successful.


Welcome '66 again :tup:

gotagetz
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby gotagetz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Only club ive ever supported and at 52 won't support any other. Don't get much chance to go to games the last was at the Emirates where I managed to get a ticket to sit with the home fans. Ironically I live in Cambridge and have managed to get a ticket for Monday. ...yes with the home fans once again.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 51265
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby 1964white » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 pm

gotagetz wrote:Only club ive ever supported and at 52 won't support any other. Don't get much chance to go to games the last was at the Emirates where I managed to get a ticket to sit with the home fans. Ironically I live in Cambridge and have managed to get a ticket for Monday. ...yes with the home fans once again.


Welcome to MOT :tup:

I'll wave to you at Cambridge :wink:

gotagetz
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby gotagetz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Cheers, gonna make sure I leave work on time....hopefully a pint before and after kick off. There's quite a few of us on the home stands......

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14405
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Postby gessa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:06 pm

gotagetz wrote:Cheers, gonna make sure I leave work on time....hopefully a pint before and after kick off. There's quite a few of us on the home stands......



Welcome to the forum mate. Enjoy tonight, I think you're right, quite a few local Leeds fans in the home end tonight.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests