Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Eireleeds1 »

gessa wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:57 pm Really?

There must be another chippy/glory out there :tup:
Don’t even joke about the possibility Gessa 😂
gessa

Post by gessa »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:21 pm Don’t even joke about the possibility Gessa 😂

Scary isn't it :lol:
Chippy/glory
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Chippy/glory »

Here 1 day and already taking pelters.
Bennyfishel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Bennyfishel »

I sent my entry in to this section of the forum in 2017, (I saw my first game at ER in August 1937 v Sunderland)and have been a Leeds United supporter ever since,I left England in 1967 to come to Australia to live a very good & healthy life in this GREAT country,but Leeds have been the only team and club that I have shown any affections for.
I am sending this e-mail just to let you know since I was 80 years old I had given up any hopes of my team ever getting back into the Premier League because,let's be honest, they have had a lot of crappy managers and even more crappy players who were not good enough to clean boots let alone play in them,,and at last, me being 91 I have got great hopes of seeing them among the other elite teams before I retire from earth :) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bennyfishel wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 am I sent my entry in to this section of the forum in 2017, (I saw my first game at ER in August 1937 v Sunderland)and have been a Leeds United supporter ever since,I left England in 1967 to come to Australia to live a very good & healthy life in this GREAT country,but Leeds have been the only team and club that I have shown any affections for.
I am sending this e-mail just to let you know since I was 80 years old I had given up any hopes of my team ever getting back into the Premier League because,let's be honest, they have had a lot of crappy managers and even more crappy players who were not good enough to clean boots let alone play in them,,and at last, me being 91 I have got great hopes of seeing them among the other elite teams before I retire from earth :) :)
I was only in my my mid-50's ten years ago & I'd given up any chance of promotion to the premiership, I was more concerned of relegation to League One again to be honest.

It's only since the arrival of Marcelo Bielsa that my optimism/mood changed, having a world class manager with integrity & expertise who turned a bunch of average/uninterested players into a top group of footballers capable of winning the championship & hopefully holding their own in the premiership.

Nice to hear at 91yo Benny you have high hopes at long last :)
Sniffer1919
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Sniffer1919 »

Hi everyone, I first started following the Mighty Leeds in the late 60's when I was about 6 or 7. My first shirt was the round neck plain white cotton type with a blue owl on a branch (in a circle or elipse).
I remember feeling proud as punch when I got the sock player number flashes in the 70's. Favourite player was big surprise - Allan Clarke.
Fast forward to the 90's when I painted my son's bedroom in blue & yellow. Get them young is my advice. We were season ticket holders through Cellino years and stupidly let that lapse. Now can't get tickets for love nor money.
Anyway, sorry for the ramble & top regards to all fellow supporters. I hope there's a God up there & we go up where we rightly belong again. MOT.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Sniffer1919 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:23 pm Hi everyone, I first started following the Mighty Leeds in the late 60's when I was about 6 or 7. My first shirt was the round neck plain white cotton type with a blue owl on a branch (in a circle or elipse).
I remember feeling proud as punch when I got the sock player number flashes in the 70's. Favourite player was big surprise - Allan Clarke.
Fast forward to the 90's when I painted my son's bedroom in blue & yellow. Get them young is my advice. We were season ticket holders through Cellino years and stupidly let that lapse. Now can't get tickets for love nor money.
Anyway, sorry for the ramble & top regards to all fellow supporters. I hope there's a God up there & we go up where we rightly belong again. MOT.

Welcome to MOT Sniffer
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Metro1962 »

Hi everyone :)

When did you start supporting Leeds United :?:

What attracted you to the Mighty Whites :?:

Played very good football

And finally did you or have you supported another team before or during your time watching football :?:

Stoke City
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Belated welcomes to Sniffer & Metro :)
Tezzafin
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tezzafin »

Born Leeds Utd and will die Leeds Utd....1963 -Present !!!!
Why? Because of my father God bless him.
Could never follow another team,those that have it will know exactly what I am talking about.
"Through it all together", you aint kidding.Would have been far easier to have been a Chelsea,Manchester or Liverpudlian.
Season ticket holder throughout Olearys reign and entertained to the hilt in that period.
Greatest player ever seen,thats easy.....Tony Currie
Today against Fulham, a refreshing change to see us win a game after being under the cosh for a long period.I frustrate as to how many times we play teams off the park and end up losing 1or2 nil.A great show of character.....this weekend gonna be a gud un !!!!!!
Tyke
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tyke »

'Ayup! Born in Northallerton more years ago now than I care to remember. Been a Leeds fan nigh on 60 years. Never supported another team, and I hate Chelsea with a passion - looking forward to sticking it to them next season! Now living in San Francisco where fellow Leeds fans are scarce (even with the 49ers investment), so looking forward to the camaraderie of the forum!!!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome Tyke ...and Tezzafin, get on the board and posting in general chat..I'm a huge Raiders fan though it's less of a local issue now..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tyke
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tyke »

We're a Raiders household too!

But seeing "Las Vegas" rather than "Oakland" on that logo really hurts - spent many a Sunday tailgating at the Coliseum which is now, sadly, a thing of the past :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It does doesn't it, I'm a Raider fan of 40 years, thick and think, ups and downs, robbed in big games, mad old owners, Dirty Raiders etc. I'm kinda reconciled to it now though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Pdiddy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Pdiddy »

I've been supporting Leeds for ever. Grew up in Sussex and as a young boy, a workmate of my dad asked which team I supported... when I didn't answer straight away, he said, "that's sorted then: Leeds United". He gave me a scarf and I can recall sitting down to watch the Sunderland Cup Final on black and white TV as my first game as a Leeds fan. A few ups and downs since then. My first trip to Elland Road was the John Charles/Bobby Collins testimonial v Everton. I'm still nervous about this season and I have the scar tissue from so many events over the years!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Welcome to the MOT forum Tezza, Tyke & Pdiddy
Scooter
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Scooter »

Hello Leeds!!! First off congratulations on promotion. A well deserved fate of course!!!

Certainly has been a long time. I recall watching Leeds in the 70's although I must admit from here in Canada the TV coverage wasn't so great then. Been following the ups and downs and with better tech over the years, have been able to track the progress so much better. Thanks to those who have posted streams!
Played some soccer in school and even won a provincial schools championship. BTW like Faaip, I too am a huge Raiders fan, ever since the "Immaculate Reception".
Looking forward to watching the team in the Premier League next season!! Hope one day to travel overseas (darn that Covid) to get to see the team play in person!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Welcome to the MOT forum Scooter
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Sorry for my poor etiquette, I only just noticed this thread. So better late than never, I'll introduce myself.
I've been a long time viewer of this forum and found myself spending more and more time reading it ... so why not do some writing?
I have supported Leeds from afar since I first watched them beat the Arse in the 1972 FA Cup Final. My dad got me out of bed at about midnight Sydney time to watch a grainy B&W TV that kept losing reception every 10 minutes... but not bad for the time, live satellite broadcasts were still a novelty.
Saw the team play live for the first time last year in a pre-season game in Sydney - so I'm batting 1000 - one live game watched, one trophy won.
Having watched the anguish you guys have shared over the past years I feel I know some of you and was so happy for you all to finally get the success the club and you all deserve.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Hey guys, visiting villa fan here :zip: — hopefully to have some insightful (and hopefully civil) discussions especially with transfers etc. Definitely happy to see y'all back in the Premier League (beats having other "non traditional" clubs going up). Have definitely been keeping more than an eye on Leeds since Bielsa was appointed and the style of play that he has implemented.

Looking forward to some good discussions hopefully!