Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cluds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Cluds » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Guess I am likely to be one of the oldest here. Born in Wortley, then primary school in Beeston. By the time I was 7 I was hooked. We could hear the crowd from our house (edge of Cross Flatts Park.) My dad took me to Elland Road on Boxing Day 1956. We played Blackpool and won 5 1, but I went through half my life thinking it had been 3 1 till I actually looked it up! Since then I have lived in Leeds, Liverpool, Chester and now just north of London. Season ticket till early 2000s but now just get to games when I can, especially the London ones.
Failed to get a Charlton ticket for first time ever, so if anyone ends up with a spare?!

Currie14
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Currie14 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Supported Leeds from about 8 years old, Peter Lorimer was a favourite back then, caught the imagination with his ferocious shooting. First ER
game was v University Craiova and I remember us winning, being pelted by coins at the bottom of the kop and then watching a police cavalry charge in the car park afterwards! Was last a season ticket holder in the 1989/90 season and was a regular for years thereafter but being a Parkinsons sufferer means I now only get to occasional games when funds/illness permits. I remain optimistic that i'll see my beloved LUFC in the Prem whilst I can still appreciate it.
Favourite player Tony Currie (With a special mention to Batts). Of the current crop you've gotta love Kalvin but for the story of how we nearly let him go and the real fist of it that he's made since, it's Klich (well apart from THAT penalty!).
MOT, ALAW.
Steve

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Cluds wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:21 pm
Guess I am likely to be one of the oldest here. Born in Wortley, then primary school in Beeston. By the time I was 7 I was hooked. We could hear the crowd from our house (edge of Cross Flatts Park.) My dad took me to Elland Road on Boxing Day 1956. We played Blackpool and won 5 1, but I went through half my life thinking it had been 3 1 till I actually looked it up! Since then I have lived in Leeds, Liverpool, Chester and now just north of London. Season ticket till early 2000s but now just get to games when I can, especially the London ones.
Failed to get a Charlton ticket for first time ever, so if anyone ends up with a spare?!
Apologies I've just seen this....Welcome to MOT

Blimey Cluds you're older than me :lol:

You must have seen the great John Charles play for Leeds :) unfortunately I just missed seeing big John play in his second stint at ER

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:54 pm

Currie14 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:24 pm
Supported Leeds from about 8 years old, Peter Lorimer was a favourite back then, caught the imagination with his ferocious shooting. First ER
game was v University Craiova and I remember us winning, being pelted by coins at the bottom of the kop and then watching a police cavalry charge in the car park afterwards! Was last a season ticket holder in the 1989/90 season and was a regular for years thereafter but being a Parkinsons sufferer means I now only get to occasional games when funds/illness permits. I remain optimistic that i'll see my beloved LUFC in the Prem whilst I can still appreciate it.
Favourite player Tony Currie (With a special mention to Batts). Of the current crop you've gotta love Kalvin but for the story of how we nearly let him go and the real fist of it that he's made since, it's Klich (well apart from THAT penalty!).
MOT, ALAW.
Steve
Welcome Steve to MOT

Some great Leeds legends you've mentioned there

Sad to hear you can only manage limited games due to your illness

Advertisment