Football manager 2011/ Just started any good tips for leeds?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Football manager 2011/ Just started any good tips for leeds?

Post by Emsley »

My game is just at the start of the season anyone know any good cheap players or freebies that I can bring into the squad?
Also any staff I can sign up.
I normally make my own tactic but it takes me half a season to make a solid home one and a solid away one.
Must be some well known good tactics out there.
Last edited by Emsley on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Football manager 2011/ Just started any good tips?

Post by Emsley »

Lol Leeds are accurate - the defence Is shite!
I took 5 goals in my first game against reading and scored 1.
Then I managed to win 2-0 to sheff united, draw against swansea 2-2 both of them goals were shitty balls over the top!
Oh and I only have 600K given to me by bates to sign someone.
I did manage to loan lichaj and Banna though on loan, dropped faye signed Mccann.
I have a lot more respect for grayson now. :lol:

dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

I've had the same problem!
Had an awful start, lost the first 5 including a carling cup game against Rochdale and only won 2 of the 16 league games
Currently 22nd 2 points from safety :(
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

I got my team up to 8th after a long hard slog threw "other peoples" tactics when I found a good one which I have the AI of the computer seems to destroy it really quickly.
Dont be affraid to yell at the feckers!!! you need to be looking at an average of 7 rating or there abouts.

MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Im getting abseloulty shot to pieces playing with Leeds, im now in relegation zone. i lose just about everything. ffs ill get sacked shortly i imagine
dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

Just been sacked in my 2nd season :(
Finished 8th first season, then the task this season was to get into the playoffs. Started okay, got up to about 5th then went on a bad run dropping to 12th but still only 4 points off the playoffs, lost 3-1 to QPR and that was it. :?
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Ok guys here start again here is what "formula" has brought me success.

First of all you are going to have to remember one VERY basic thing.
ONE tactic will not bring success - you need at least two, one that attacks and one that defends or counter attacks when you have a lead over a game.
Currently I have found only ONE tactic that works for me it's called "Ghosts tactic"

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/fm1 ... 54136.html

Everytime a patch for the game is released an old tactic can suddenly stop working as good as it should.
Currently this tactic is "up to date" with the latest patch for Football manager.
As for me I use Ghosts tactic V3 as my version of FM2011 Is not patched up to date I am on version 1.2 (ghost tactic is currently V4 But there are some complaints it isnt working as well as it should)
Check which version of FM your are using.
IF you want Ghost tactic V3 for 1.2 let me know ill upload it for you. I tried V4 and it is not so good keep checking the thread I posted for updates a lot later on in the posts. (corner in version 3 are brilliant in version 4 they have all but dried up.)
Secondly.

On Leeds united:

You got next to feck all for a transfer kitty I had 600k and a weak wage budget try off loading the spongers be that on loan or threw sales.

Crap leeds players in FM2011

Collins
Faye (although he only got a few games for me I got Gavin McCann on a free)
Somma misses s**t loads.
Clayton wont improve enough for at least two full seasons this ones up to you. (and even then no way made a prem player just a championship player at best)
Leigh bromby, slow as f**k and costs you goals every game nearly every mistake in the championship came through him for me.
Billy paynter Had a huge run out for my side but just couldn't score too slow even with my new signings backing him up.

Good leeds players:

Max gradel is "Ok" that is all, not great, but OK his pace helps out. (although he is holding his own in the premiership for me at the moment)
Mike grella can score but he is not match winner.
Becchio - Best player in side.
RossMc - Slow and lightweight will score the odd goal and keeps play moving.
Paddy - when he returns you will notice a big improvement at least knocks 3 goals off a month.
Snoddy - Good player, will get assists and loads of chances on goal but misses them a lot.
Ramon Nunez - makes a big difference to the flow of your team, misses a lot. but does assist a fair few. has to play advanced winger or AMC i reccomend advanced winger.
Howson - steady eddy nothing amazing does pop up with the odd great goal, lacks bite.
BJ - Can not pass, can not play DMC even if you retrain him, I struggled to find a place for him in my team even when I was playing 3 in midfield. scores the odd pearl of a goal.
Killa - lucky for you this guy is slightly overrated in FM11 play him when you can his passing is 16 thats s**t hot, will win you games.
Bessone - Good here, but play him in the prem kiss your ass good by.
Bruce - easily your best CB the more you play him the better he gets currently cutting it in the prem for my team.
Cons - Your only decent right back - has a lot of INFLUENCE I dropped cry baby naylor as captain for him, plenty of pace which is always good for a RB - seemed that as my season went on all goals I took went in some way down his flank with him just flapping at a player.
Naylor - It was hard for me to judge him, when he played he did not seem to make mistakes, and put in a good shift slow as s**t though.
Ben parker - never got the chance.
Kasper - BRILLIANT! Saves your ass loads of times, apart from when the AI scores stupid 35yard free kicks.

So overall here is what I would do with the leeds team.

Get your self a good DMC to make up for the pussys we have.
Get more PACE at CB
Get at least one Pacey striker (jermiane will come on loan)

Ok cheap or FREE players for leeds.

Gavin McCann (DMC) Free - Tough tackling good mentality
Calum Davenport (DC) Free - quicker than what you got (isnt saying much, his concentration is Is high and i love this attribute in my defenders.)
Abderrahman Kabous (MC) Free - Not quick BUT has better stats than howson is a lot more aggressive and can TACKLE
Jermiane beckford (SC) Not free needs a small fee to LOAN him but WILL bang goals in for you in this divison, i had no problem loaning him in the January window.
Leigh griffiths (SC) Playing for a scotish side SNAP HIM UP HE IS BRILLIANT! I got him after promotion though - not sure if you will have enough cash for him straight away. Scores in the prem for me and is getting better everygame.

Good luck!

MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Re: Football manager 2011/ Just started any good tips for le

Post by MeeTa »

in my second season now, and currently 5th. Last three games has given me three wins and 11-1 goal difference. Had 35 million budget, now spendt half of it on youngsters that will be SICK in a few years. Things really looking fantastic atm
MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

screw that, im starting fupp things up again...bolllllox
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

MeeTa wrote:in my second season now, and currently 5th. Last three games has given me three wins and 11-1 goal difference. Had 35 million budget, now spendt half of it on youngsters that will be SICK in a few years. Things really looking fantastic atm
Good times!!
Could you please share any player that have a "4 star rating" or a potential "4 star rating" I rwefuse to sign anyone now unless they have the magic 4 stars.

MeeTa what tactic did you use?

I shuffle to ghost tactic with another I found, i use it when im gonna get trounced its a 4-5-1, but always on the look out for a good one that my slow back line can use, did you try Griffiths? he is ace.

MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

The games saying im using a 4-2-4 formation, but i dont agree. i consider it a 4-2-2-2 formation.

When it comes to players, i dont know what budget you have. but the players ive signed is:

Rafinha - Brazilian youngster who if trained and used correctly will become a mega superstar, cuz he does that everytime i buy him no matter what club i am

Jorge Conceicau - portugeese striker, hes got great pace and hes young so he can only become better, and hes doing great for me atm

Marcos Alonso - spanish leftback, hes quite young aswell so he'll get better. does very well for me

Andrew Gray - English central defender, hes only 17 now so i have him on the reserves but he will become immense in a few years

If your struggling to find players i will suggest you download FM genie scout 11 and learn to use the program. It helps finding the best players you can get and tells you how good they are and how good they can become. what they cost, how much you need to pay to get them etc it tells you which players in your team that is currently on their best form and alot more
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

I'll check it out meeTa, if I have not won the FA cup in the next five seasons I will be well pissed off.
Hope those players ram a grin of my face when needed most! :mrgreen:

MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

Emsley wrote:I'll check it out meeTa, if I have not won the FA cup in the next five seasons I will be well pissed off.
Hope those players ram a grin of my face when needed most! :mrgreen:

FA cup is for people who lack ambition, within five seasons i shal have won the Prem 2 times, CL 2 times, FA cup 3 times
MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

for the record FM is saying i have a mild attack of addiction :lol:
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

MeeTa wrote:for the record FM is saying i have a mild attack of addiction :lol:

For the record SnODIN is saying i need to strengthen my back line!
On the other the hand he said i should spend a big chunk of dude cash on rossi!
That fucker!
:evil:

MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

Emsley wrote:
For the record SnODIN is saying i need to strengthen my back line!
On the other the hand he said i should spend a big chunk of dude cash on rossi!
That flipper!
:evil:

hes doing well for me, i just beat barnsley 6-0 and secured a play off spot. bruce is brillant
MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

YEEEES, FLIPPING YEEEEES. won the play offs and now ready to smash the prem clubs :D MeeTa FTW
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

MeeTa wrote:YEEEES, FLIPPING YEEEEES. won the play offs and now ready to smash the prem clubs :D MeeTa FTW
Haha its a good feeling aint it!

I got to the Semis of the FA cup and was knocked out at home to an 93rd minute arshavin goal, I took it on the chin, but was devoed, I would of got Birmingham in the final.
:cry:

MeeTa
Manager
Manager

Post by MeeTa »

Emsley wrote: Haha its a good feeling aint it!

I got to the Semis of the FA cup and was knocked out at home to an 93rd minute arshavin goal, I took it on the chin, but was devoed, I would of got Birmingham in the final.
:cry:

93rd minute, baah. id close the game and played the match again lol
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

MeeTa wrote:
93rd minute, baah. id close the game and played the match again lol
Lol i got it mixed up I had arsenal TWICE I lost the prem game but next up at home I beat them 2-0!!
Then got beat by Liverpool on aggregate 4-3 lucky goal for them, The only time I have restarted a match is when I saw a long ball played to jamma in LOADS of space and he decided to "walk" away from it, i knew then it was having me pants down so loaded it back up and smashed em! dont take that cheatign crap off the AI but if it's a well worked goal I take it on the chin.
:wink: