Vs Forrest etc etc etc

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Vs Forrest etc etc etc

Post by joelufc20 »

I'm going 4-2-3-1

Taylor

Connolly
Lees
Odea
Pugh

Clayton
Brown

Sam(rw
Howson
Snodgrass

Becchio

lloyd Sam played well on the right last season. Our idiot manager likes to play him on the left for some daft reason. The other option is to play McCormack left wing and have snoddy on the right. We have to change formation so we can get a foot hold in games. This season has been pathetic
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: Vs Forrest etc etc etc

Post by dezzy »

Taylor
Connolly
Lees
O Dea
Pugh

Snoddy
Howson
Brown
Clayton
Keogh

Becchio

5 in midfield with Keogh playing on the left, he has done it for wolves and Ireland, we need his work rate and Id also put in Brown to steady the ship and show some leadership which will alow Howson to get forward and help on Becchio.
You then have the option of bringing Ross on for the last 20
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

joelufc20 wrote:lloyd Sam played well on the right last season. Our idiot manager likes to play him on the left for some daft reason.
He is not a left midfielder, that was evident on Saturday.

I would go 4-5-1 with one of the midefielders in an advanced role....

McCarthy

Connolly - Lees - O'Dea - White

Snodgrass - Clayton - Howson - Pugh - McCormack

Keogh
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

That would be my team EXACTLY dezzy...

Although, do we have to play Taylor (has McCarthy gone back) ?? Or is everyone disgusted with him after Saturday?

Brown in, Keogh on the wing, Pugh defending.... 4-5-1... that looks like a good side to me..
Side Before Self, Every Time
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Silky wrote: Or is everyone disgusted with him after Saturday?
Wasn't his fault, ball was moving some. The defenders should take equal blame for not following the attacker in.
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

im with you Shields, thats why i asked... seemed strange to me that first two posters didnt pick him..

If he's available, i'd stick with the kid over Maik Taylor..
Side Before Self, Every Time
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Silky wrote:That would be my team EXACTLY dezzy...

Although, do we have to play Taylor (has McCarthy gone back) ?? Or is everyone disgusted with him after Saturday?

Brown in, Keogh on the wing, Pugh defending.... 4-5-1... that looks like a good side to me..
Just think an experinced keeper will help lees and o dea
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joshlucas »

can't get any worse than first half saturday, so couple of changes needed to make sure we aren't

macarthy

conns
lees
o'dea
pugh

snods
clayton
brown
white

keogh
mac

subs, taylor, kis, howson, sam, becchio

keogh needs to come back in, more movement and options needed up front. sam look lost on left but won't displace snods on right. need some pace going forward so white on wing, pugh been average last few games he's played on wing and more solid defender. forest are there for the taking and another battling away performance needed.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Silky wrote:That would be my team EXACTLY dezzy...

Oy 442 man - don't think I haven't noticed your total about face :lol: :wink:

How's the spots :wink:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I'm not sure that a change in formation is what we need, but a change in discipline. If Clayton was encouraged to sit back more then it would allow Jonny to advance. Even if Clayts has had some success going forward, it's still Jonny's best position/area and I think he's been hampered this year by Adam's enthusiasm...

That said, Forest have had 11 different goal-scorers this season so maybe a more defensive approach would be a good idea?
Is Vayrynen out still? When he came in Larry said he could play any midfield role, so if we were to play a 4-5-1 then I'd have him sitting back over Brown who's dirty and sluggish.

Also think it's a good call pushing White up to LM and sitting Pugh at LB, Aidy can easily cover back if Pugh overlaps and also gives us more pace going forward. Does he not play on the wing for the national team?

-----------McCarthy-----------
Connolly-Lees--O'Dea---Pugh
Snod-Clayton-Howson-White
---McCormack---Becchio-----

Subs: Taylor, Bromby, Nunez, Sam, Keogh
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

Genghers wrote:Also think it's a good call pushing White up to LM and sitting Pugh at LB, Aidy can easily cover back if Pugh overlaps and also gives us more pace going forward. Does he not play on the wing for the national team?
I don't agree with this, I think having Aidy at LM would make us very 1 dimensional as I can't see Pugh getting forward as much as Aidy does, It would be too easy to concentrate on marking Aidy and Snods on the wings as Conns and Pugh would rarely be venturing into the opponents half.

Having the overlap gives the opponents a little bit to think about.

Grayson'll bring Pugh back in for Sam and O'Dea back for Kis. Other than that it'll be the same as Barnsley.
revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

After Saturday's "showing", Sam should be dispatched from whence he came, Connelly should be at home thinking how he's got to do better, and Bechio should be on a running machine in the gym.
That said, options are limited in this squad, and I've given up trying to second guess Grayson
What will be will be, and I expect nothing other than 3 points as I do every game.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

rand3ll wrote:I don't agree with this, I think having Aidy at LM would make us very 1 dimensional as I can't see Pugh getting forward as much as Aidy does, It would be too easy to concentrate on marking Aidy and Snods on the wings as Conns and Pugh would rarely be venturing into the opponents half.

Having the overlap gives the opponents a little bit to think about.
Perhaps... I've always liked the idea of players swapping positions during games, I think if Snoddy and Sam swapped occasionally it'd work quite nicely as Snods always seems to get marked out of games nowadays.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

GK McCarthy
LB White
RB Connolly
CB Lees
CB Kisnorbo/O'Dea (prefer Kisnorbo but not too bothered if it is O'Dea)
LM Pugh
RM Snoddy
CM Clayton
CM Howson
FW Keogh
FW McCormack

Subs: Taylor O'Dea/Kisnorbo, Nunez, Becchio, A goldfish bowl (just for a bit of variety)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

revie-era wrote:After Saturday's "showing", Sam should be dispatched from whence he came, Connelly should be at home thinking how he's got to do better, and Bechio should be on a running machine in the gym.
That said, options are limited in this squad, and I've given up trying to second guess Grayson
What will be will be, and I expect nothing other than 3 points as I do every game.
Squad has no depth !

Team more or less picks itself for most games, no real competition for places which is no good whatsoever :(

What was Larry doing in the summer, need i ask :roll: oh of course he was working hard behind the scenes
LEEDSirish
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LEEDSirish »

are we on telly tonight
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

LEEDSirish wrote:are we on telly tonight
No
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

joluafc4eva wrote: No
Your not going tonight Jo ?
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

1964white wrote:
Your not going tonight Jo ?
Nope, Dan didnt fancy standing at the City Ground on a cold November evening. :?
Blakerb-LUFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Blakerb-LUFC »

I was wondering if we were on tv, really suprised. The two biggest clubs im the championship and sky dont cover it. I mean look at some of the games they are showing in the coming months. We are on tv alot which makes it more mind boggling a fixture like this isn't on.

Sometimes we are on foreign tv and not English tv, checked fox sports but that's it.