O/T 1st ten tracks.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: O/T 1st ten tracks.

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:11 am Just played all six of their studio albums this weekend, three of them went on repeat play 8-)
Difficult to choose an order.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It is but

Separation Sunday
Almost Killed me
Boys and Girls
Stay Positive - the best track resides here
Heaven
Teeth
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

This evening:

1. Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
2. Slade - The Whole World's Goin' Crazee (Noddy can never have come top at school spelling tests !)
3. Dead Can Dance - American Dreaming
4. Jimi Hendrix - Love or Confusion
5. DJ Tiesto - Adagio for Strings
6. The Undertones - Mars Bars
7. Placebo - Johnny and Mary
8. Drive-by Truckers - Mercy Buckets
9.AC/DC - Shot Down in Flames
10. Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman

:moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:33 pm This evening:

1. Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy

Love that song.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:37 pm Fire of unknown origin in your collection Muppet. BOC always better than Zep for me and one of my earliest fav bands from around 75. Hell I even enjoy Mirrors from time to time.
Faaip, lunch time today I happened to look in a charity shop and picked up a copy (in VGC) of the Cultosaurus Erectus vinyl LP for £1 :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have it ...Love the riff in the Marshall plan though it's a bit cliched
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

………..and we haven't had a 1st 10 for ages (I had to find the thread on page 5)

1. The Mars Volta - Son et Lumiere
2. T Rex - Monolith
3. DeepSeaGreen - Soul, Stray Cats and the Cosmos
4. Longpigs - She Said
5. 999 - Emergency
6. Bomb the Bass - Winter in July
7. High Contrast - Everything's Different
8. Queen - Somebody to Love
9. Tygers of Pan Tang - Love Potion No.9
10. Gladys Knight & the Pips - Baby Don't Change Your Mind

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lol, good to see the Tygers up there despite it being the awful love potion number 9. I got Wild Cat on release and saw them live around that time but only the one album and gig, felt that was enough. From the NE if IIRC

Enjoyable album, Fireclown, Badger Badger and Suzie Smiled being a nice three track run.

Demon were another Brit metal band I bought into at the time - Night of the Demon IIRC.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love the Mars Volta btw...
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:40 pm lol, good to see the Tygers up there despite it being the awful love potion number 9. I got Wild Cat on release and saw them live around that time but only the one album and gig, felt that was enough. From the NE if IIRC

Enjoyable album, Fireclown, Badger Badger and Suzie Smiled being a nice three track run.

Demon were another Brit metal band I bought into at the time - Night of the Demon IIRC.
Don't have the album - LPno.9 must be from some rock/mrtal compilation album - a bit cheesy I know, but I don't mind it.

I would guess that The Mars Volta would be up your street. I only have the two albums - Frances the Mute and Deloused in the Comatorium. Probably favourite track is Inertiatic esp from DitC - I struggle to listen to either album straight through though.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Circuital - My Morning Jacket
New York Song - Dark Dark Dark
Jadulastan Requiem - Three Mile Pilot
Staying Kind - Bettie Serveert
Uphill Battle - Blaudzun
I Found You - Age Of Man
Sugar Mama - Taste
Loot Recovered - Kiev
Magpie - Woodpecker Woolliams
Because Your Mine - White Feather Collective
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:22 pm Circuital - My Morning Jacket
Uphill Battle - Blaudzun
I Found You - Age Of Man
Sugar Mama - Taste
Loot Recovered - Kiev
From what I've heard (which is pretty limited) I like both of these and sort of discovered them by accident, by the bit at the bottom of itunes....'People who bought this, also like these..' So ended up buying the 'Z' album by My Morning Jacket Of the Three Mile Pilots, I really like the Planets/Grey Clouds EP

Is Taste a Rory Gallagher band, or there's some connection there... or am I just making that up ??

Some of the others on the list never heard of.....but will give a youtube listen :moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:31 pm From what I've heard (which is pretty limited) I like both of these and sort of discovered them by accident, by the bit at the bottom of itunes....'People who bought this, also like these..' So ended up buying the 'Z' album by My Morning Jacket Of the Three Mile Pilots, I really like the Planets/Grey Clouds EP

Is Taste a Rory Gallagher band, or there's some connection there... or am I just making that up ??

Some of the others on the list never heard of.....but will give a youtube listen :moggy:
MMJ are a great band , not everyone's taste but the more you listen the better they get, Jim James solo stuff is excellent too.

I think I've said before 3MP can do no wrong for me, not made an album or EP I don't thoroughly enjoy,

Yes mate, Taste was Rory's first project.

White Feather Collective are a band I've caught live a few times at festivals, I'm pretty sure they're unsigned but you can download from their own site, that is if you like it.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:22 pm Circuital - My Morning Jacket
Uphill Battle - Blaudzun
I Found You - Age Of Man
Sugar Mama - Taste
Loot Recovered - Kiev
I’m going to be honest and say I’m not even 100% sure which is the artist and which is the song :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:51 am I’m going to be honest and say I’m not even 100% sure which is the artist and which is the song :lol:
:lol: :lol:

How was Green Man?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:17 am :lol: :lol:

How was Green Man?
Great fun, even managed to stay dry this year, I’d had a few by the time KG&WL were on so not sure I made the most of it :) enjoyed TWOD, great guitar smithing, very tight. Baxter Dury was good and was down the front for The Wedding Present :tup: people I’d not seen much of before but I would recommend, The Lovely Eggs, were on early and got things rocking, The Lemon Twigs, created a great atmosphere in the crowd. Hayley Heyndericickx played one of the smaller stages and put a lovely typically GM chilled out set. Follakziod were also a bit of a find, and worth a listen.
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 am Great fun, even managed to stay dry this year, I’d had a few by the time KG&WL were on so not sure I made the most of it :) enjoyed TWOD, great guitar smithing, very tight. Baxter Dury was good and was down the front for The Wedding Present :tup: people I’d not seen much of before but I would recommend, The Lovely Eggs, were on early and got things rocking, The Lemon Twigs, created a great atmosphere in the crowd. Hayley Heyndericickx played one of the smaller stages and put a lovely typically GM chilled out set. Follakziod were also a bit of a find, and worth a listen.

Nice to read you had a great time .
That's what I like the most about festivals, finding new acts.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 am Great fun, even managed to stay dry this year, I’d had a few by the time KG&WL were on so not sure I made the most of it :) enjoyed TWOD, great guitar smithing, very tight. Baxter Dury was good and was down the front for The Wedding Present :tup: people I’d not seen much of before but I would recommend, The Lovely Eggs, were on early and got things rocking, The Lemon Twigs, created a great atmosphere in the crowd. Hayley Heyndericickx played one of the smaller stages and put a lovely typically GM chilled out set. Follakziod were also a bit of a find, and worth a listen.
I'm enjoy the music of The Wedding Present :tup:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:07 am I'm enjoy the music of The Wedding Present :tup:
I feel a nomination coming on ;-)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

......….and tonight:

1. Ginger Wildheart - The Man Who Cheated Death
2. Blackmore's Night - Under a Violet Moon
3. The Osmonds - Crazy Horses (a fantastic intro in anyone's book !!)
4. Van Halen - Ice Cream Man
5. Audrey Horne - Redemption Blues
6. Earth, Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland
7. The Adventures of Stevie V - Dirty Cash
8. Sugababes - About You Know ( :oops: - at least I'm honest)
9. The Flying Lizards - Money
10. The Pogues - Thousands are Sailing