O/T 1st ten tracks.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Muppet the Cat

Re: O/T 1st ten tracks.

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Followed by these which I'm anticipating (before pressing the shuffle button) will be somewhat more 'main-stream' than the offerings of 64, faaip and gessa

1. Faith No More - Sunny side up
2. Muleskinner Jones - Come Inside, Stranger
3. Philip Sayce - Over my Head
4. The Specials - Concrete Jungle
5. UK Subs - Teenage
6. Black Spiders - Si El Diablo
7. Madonna - You'll See
8.Jay Jesse Johnson - Rattlesnake Stomp
9. Magnum - Kingdom of Madness
10. Diana Ross - I'm Still Waiting

:moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:00 pm Followed by these which I'm anticipating (before pressing the shuffle button) will be somewhat more 'main-stream' than the offerings of 64, faaip and gessa

1. Faith No More - Sunny side up
2. Muleskinner Jones - Come Inside, Stranger
3. Philip Sayce - Over my Head
4. The Specials - Concrete Jungle
5. UK Subs - Teenage
6. Black Spiders - Si El Diablo
7. Madonna - You'll See
8.Jay Jesse Johnson - Rattlesnake Stomp
9. Magnum - Kingdom of Madness
10. Diana Ross - I'm Still Waiting

:moggy:
Magnum, not played them in a long while, they were a local band to us and saw them numerous times before the release of K O M, were always the local band that were going to make it from that time, there were other really good bands , Jameson Raid, The Handsome Beasts, Big Daisy, Quartz and Cryer but Magnum were the more polished professional outfit. Saw Catley pass out from exhaustion around the time of the release of the album because of the work load trying to promote it, was always a decent fella to talk to after a show.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:10 pm Magnum, not played them in a long while, they were a local band to us and saw them numerous times before the release of K O M, were always the local band that were going to make it from that time, there were other really good bands , Jameson Raid, The Handsome Beasts, Big Daisy, Quartz and Cryer but Magnum were the more polished professional outfit. Saw Catley pass out from exhaustion around the time of the release of the album because of the work load trying to promote it, was always a decent fella to talk to after a show.
Chase the Dragon is a great album, which I've been playing more recently :moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 pm Chase the Dragon is a great album, which I've been playing more recently :moggy:
I believe Soldier On The Line was one they did in the early days, then dropped , it was reinvented for the CtD album.
Not sure if it's correct or was an urban myth.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A Friday evening shuffle, whilst sat giving 64's World Cup Comps considered thought :moggy:

1. Blue Oyster Cult - Joan Crawford
2. Archie Bell and the Drells - Soul City Walk
3. New Model Army - No Rest
4. Steve Earle - Johnny Come Lately
5. Wooden Shjips - Start to Dreaming
6. Spandau Ballet - Gold
7. Elvis Costello - Radio Radio
8. Elton John - Jamaica Jerk-off
9. B-Movie - Nowhere Girl
10. Barry White - Baby We Better Try To Get It Together

I'm thinking Christian Eriksen as an outside choice for knocking a few in ?!?!?!?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:00 pm A Friday evening shuffle, whilst sat giving 64's World Cup Comps considered thought :moggy:

I'm thinking Christian Eriksen as an outside choice for knocking a few in ?!?!?!?
Who sings that mate
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:18 pm Who sings that mate
The Christians, obviously !! :moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:20 pm The Christians, obviously !! :moggy:

:)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fire of unknown origin in your collection Muppet. BOC always better than Zep for me and one of my earliest fav bands from around 75. Hell I even enjoy Mirrors from time to time.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The magnificent "Victim of the Psychic Wars" on that one too IIRC
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:37 pm Fire of unknown origin in your collection Muppet. BOC always better than Zep for me and one of my earliest fav bands from around 75. Hell I even enjoy Mirrors from time to time.

I didn't come into BOC until the 80's.

When living in Coventry in the early 80's a friend had a spare ticket to see them at Birmingham Odeon (must have been 82 or 83) on the tour to promote the Revolution by Night album, so I went along and thought they were great. Buck Dharma was fantastic.

So after that dipped into their back (70's) catalogue..........one of my favourites is the Astronomy version off the Some Enchanted Evening live album (great album cover as well).
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:58 pm I didn't come into BOC until the 80's.

When living in Coventry in the early 80's a friend had a spare ticket to see them at Birmingham Odeon (must have been 82 or 83) on the tour to promote the Revolution by Night album, so I went along and thought they were great. Buck Dharma was fantastic.

So after that dipped into their back (70's) catalogue..........one of my favourites is the Astronomy version off the Some Enchanted Evening live album (great album cover as well).
Birmingham Odeon is still my all time favourite music venue, sad day when it closed.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 pm Birmingham Odeon is still my all time favourite music venue, sad day when it closed.
From what I can recall it was a top venue Ges.

When I lived up there as well as BOC there, I saw U2 (on the War tour), Iron Maiden (I think it was the Powerslave tour) and Ultravox - they must have all been bewteen 82-84
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:08 pm From what I can recall it was a top venue Ges.

When I lived up there as well as BOC there, I saw U2 (on the War tour), Iron Maiden (I think it was the Powerslave tour) and Ultravox - they must have all been bewteen 82-84
Great view, brilliant sound, great atmosphere. Saw Maiden support Judas Priest there. Then saw them headline and they were late, if i recall it was around 10.00 before they came on , they'd been to London to record top of the pops, didn't go down too well with the crowd.
Trying to run a list through my head of bands i saw there . There was a good few
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:58 pm I didn't come into BOC until the 80's.

Very under rated album RBN, love Shooting Shark from that. Astronomy is a classic, the version on SEE is the best, agreed. But it's trumped by the OYFOOYK version of "Then Came The Last Days of May" which is and always will be, probably, my favourite track of all time ..

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 pm Great view, brilliant sound, great atmosphere. Saw Maiden support Judas Priest there. Then saw them headline and they were late, if i recall it was around 10.00 before they came on , they'd been to London to record top of the pops, didn't go down too well with the crowd.
Trying to run a list through my head of bands i saw there . There was a good few
Apologies to all metal heads

I saw Judas Priest in the 70's, awful band, god knows who they were supporting I headed to the bar as JP were dirge :beer:

I can safely say I have never owned a Iron Maiden album, they were massive but I never got the attraction :rave:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No, you're right, Judus Preist a truly awful band.
hector

Post by hector »

I concur......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
hector

Post by hector »

I have just played Band of Horses 'Mirage rock'

like it
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:32 am I have just played Band of Horses 'Mirage rock'

like it
I'll have to give it a listen Hector

I only own their first three albums :

Everything All the Time :love:
Cease to Begin
Infinite Arms