Patience

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
MeeTa
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Re: Patience

Post by MeeTa » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Emsley wrote:At least he has addressed what we are all thinking.
Before it would of been about as bad as a BBC update about "Why chewing gum makes you a wonder about taxi cabs."
You know what Im getting at. Not too much spin.

He can address things as much as he wants, if theres no action to support the words it means nothing

Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Yup, its grim.
Only Leeds fans can be treat this way after been promised real investment.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.

Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:55 pm

We've been out of the premier league too long now and people are starting to weary of it...it's only natural....but remember we,only a few years back,tasted the bitter pill of league 1 !! :shock:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:14 pm

It is what it is. I'm sure when they took over they expected we'd have been able to sell a lot of our unwanted players on raising transfer money and freeing up wages. Sadly no other teams wanted our sh*te even on free transfers with the only player of note to leave being Morrision - and even then we couldn't sell him and may be paying some of his wages. Not like Football Manager is it where you can take over Leeds flog the whole team and raise a bit of money to buy talented youngsters.

As such they (GFH) have fairly much had their hands tied. They said constantly throughout the summer that they weren't bringing in players until some went out yet they still backed the manager and brought players in. Once more they are backing him to allow him 2 loan players. I dread to think how many players would then be on our books and how much over the initial wage budget we are. It may not be a significant amount in comparision to Premiership riches but it is still likely to amount to a few million with no immediate signs of getting a return - if they splash the extra money and we don't get promoted then all that money has simply gone down the drain. Much better situation to ride out this season with the wage budget in check and then plan properly next season with a squad of players chosen and wanted by BMac.

I'm content to see this season as a season where we begin to improve the style and BMac slowly gets players in tune with it, hopefully blooding more youth players as the season goes on but players that are good enough to take us forward. That we then end the season with momentum, get in the new signings to replace those out of contract in the summer and hit next season running.
Senor El Weasel

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:55 pm

I'd not put it past colin and bates to have included a few more contract extension clauses like Browns, with the players colin brought in. :duno:
In that scenario, add one MORE season in Div 2.
Loan players don't WANT to come to Leeds, as they will lose (monetary)perks that even Donny can give them FFS - and if (as rumoured) Becchio doesn't want to drop a division to play for us, we have no chance of getting anyone else...
We don't want to "ride out this season" with a poverty stricken board. Every season we languish here the goal gets further away, with new PL regulations. It is probably already too late...We need a MEGA cash influx and NOW.

drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:17 am

Twiggster wrote:I'd not put it past colin and bates to have included a few more contract extension clauses like Browns, with the players colin brought in. :duno:
Loan players don't WANT to come to Leeds, as they will lose (monetary)perks that even Donny can give them FFS - and if (as rumoured) Becchio doesn't want to drop a division to play for us, we have no chance of getting anyone else...
We don't want to "ride out this season" with a poverty stricken board. Every season we languish here the goal gets further away, with new PL regulations. It is probably already too late...We need a MEGA cash influx and NOW.
Raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens...

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 am

drsdadsotherson wrote:
Raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens...
Snowdrops and dew drops and warm woolen mittens...

None of which will get us to the PL in time. Like the empty promises twats GFH-C...

MeeTa
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:11 am

Twiggster wrote: Snowdrops and dew drops and warm woolen mittens...

None of which will get us to the PL in time. Like the empty promises twats GFH-C...

I do agree with you on something tho, we need MEGA cash influx and soon if we want to get promoted

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:31 am

Twiggster wrote:I'd not put it past colin and bates to have included a few more contract extension clauses like Browns, with the players colin brought in. :duno:
If BMc's aware of them, I doubt very much that he'll let them come into effect. He's pretty sparing with subs as it is, so without a huge injury problem I don't think he'll be playing players who aren't good enough to merit another year.

I can see Norris, Pugh, Brown, Diouf and Drury gone in Summer at the very least.

drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:10 am

Twiggster wrote: Snowdrops and dew drops and warm woolen mittens...

What have they promised that has so far not been delivered, or at least is on the way to being delivered?

Come on Twiggs, we're not in division 2, we're in the championship so don't try to make it sound worse than it actually is. You're assuming B*tes and co have still left some time bombs for us, you're assuming players do not want to come here, you're assuming Donny have more clout (Based on the simply ENORMOUS amount of indications...), You assume we have no chance of getting in a loanee because you assume it's Becchio's choice not to come, you assume we are poverty stricken, that we are languishing, that it is already too late.....

I give it until December until you have us sinking into a pit of quicksand, being run by the lizard people of Gruntlebug 6 and catching butt herpes from the seats in the stadium.

You need a whale song cd. Stat.

woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 am

ccnd-0523.jpg
ccnd-0523.jpg (24.07 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:09 am

woodfordwhites wrote:
ccnd-0523.jpg
:roflmao:

El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:21 am

leeds&leeds&leeds wrote:Do what you've always done and get what you've always got.
Don't quite understand. are you saying LUFC are doing exactly the same as the past?
Oh wow. drsdadsotherson addresses that rant!
Twiggster wrote: None of which will get us to the PL in time. Like the empty promises twats GFH-C...
I don't get this at all it's like kids stamping their feet in the shop cos they can't have exactly what they want straight away. This is the first full season of the new board and manager - still transitioning from a horrid legacy. Can we not be thankful for what we have (or no longer have) and that there are steps in the right direction?

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 am

El Es Six wrote:
Don't quite understand. are you saying LUFC are doing exactly the same as the past?

Oh wow. drsdadsotherson addresses that rant!

I don't get this at all it's like kids stamping their feet in the shop cos they can't have exactly what they want straight away. This is the first full season of the new board and manager - still transitioning from a horrid legacy. Can we not be thankful for what we have (or no longer have) and that there are steps in the right direction?
Indeed El :tup:

As a regular match-attender i cannot comprehend all the negativity on here. We are slowly progressing in the right direction.

Had it not been for GFH/McDermott we'd be playing League One football again this season

leeds&leeds&leeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by leeds&leeds&leeds » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:20 pm

El Es Six wrote:
What I meant was that the club seems to be under the impression that the manager will be able to somehow magic promotion without the necessary investment in the 1st team playing squad.

It has been the tried and trusted mentality of the club for the past 10 years. Unless this approach changes then the club will continue to stagnate.

drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:40 pm

leeds&leeds&leeds wrote:
What I meant was that the club seems to be under the impression that the manager will be able to somehow magic promotion without the necessary investment in the 1st team playing squad.

It has been the tried and trusted mentality of the club for the past 10 years. Unless this approach changes then the club will continue to stagnate.
I don't get the impression that they think that way at all. They are simply taking small steps in the right direction and working at a sensible level for this time.

Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Patience

Post by Dr.Leeds » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:56 pm

drsdadsotherson wrote:
I don't get the impression that they think that way at all. They are simply taking small steps in the right direction and working at a sensible level for this time.
This.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:37 pm

drsdadsotherson wrote:

We're taking small steps and slowly but there's no indication of what direction we're taking
I don't like staying at home
When the moon is bleeding red
Woke up stoned in the backseat from a dream where my teeth fell out of my head
Cut it up, cut it up, yeah
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:10 pm

faaip wrote:

We're taking small steps and slowly but there's no indication of what direction we're taking
Prezakkerly this :tdown:

Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:40 pm

You're right of course, we are still doing exactly what we were doing under bates, with one or two minor exceptions:

GFH are now talking to the fans and fan groups rather than insulting them

GFH have reduced ticket prices for many games rather than keep the "Premiership pricing for League 1 football policy"

GFH are not wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds on chartering a jet to and from Monaco

GFH have shut down the money-pit that was Yorkshire Radio

GFH have invested money to bring in promising youngsters rather than aged journeymen

GFH are investing in the Thorp Arch Academy

GFH are not wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds defending unnecessary libel cases

Yep. All exactly the same as before.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

Advertisment