Help UKIP waste lots of money

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11448
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Contact:

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Martyn » Thu May 29, 2014 12:21 am

Emsley wrote:
two of them tried it on me in leeds market.
cant be sure of exact nationality but would say eastern european easily.
Had my duffle coat on with big pockets and i was phone gazing as i walked, they walked up behind me and i stopped dead and they looked like twats and walked past. Mugs
So, in a nutshell your story is that two people who may or may not have been eastern European walked past you in Leeds market.

i can see why you panicked and voted UKIP.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7395
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Emsley » Thu May 29, 2014 12:26 am

Guildford White wrote:
So, in a nutshell your story is that two people who may or may not have been eastern European walked past you in Leeds market.

i can see why you panicked and voted UKIP.
The evidence will build up around your defence as time goes on guild i need do nothing about it, although i tried.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.

User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 54816
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Twiggster » Thu May 29, 2014 1:00 am

Emsley wrote:
two of them tried it on me in leeds market.
cant be sure of exact nationality but would say eastern european easily.
Had my duffle coat on with big pockets and i was phone gazing as i walked, they walked up behind me and i stopped dead and they looked like twats and walked past. Mugs
Duffelcoat with big pockets eh? No doubt filled with fruit you had discretely "picked" whilst walking past the stalls? Poor romas thought "we need our vitamins too" - they couldn't afford a coat with big pockets tho and wanted to steal your stolen fruit? #prayforvitaminstarvedimmigrants :tup:

User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3161
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by barryanorak » Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 am

CSA wrote:
If you read the post it wasn't my point, what about the rest of my observations ???
Will answer the first for you if you want, 'According to British Transport Police 52% of convictions for pickpocketing on the London Underground were Roma's' if you take that as a percentage per population in London you get a pretty fair picture of the type of people we are attracting.

Far be it from me to point anything out, but are you guilty of mixing up the Roma population, with the Romanian population?

As far as I can see, there does seem to be a difference.

And as itinerant migrants, or a nomadic population, the Roma have never been subject to border or immigration controls - as far as I understand, that is.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...


Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7395
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Emsley » Thu May 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Twiggster wrote:
Duffelcoat with big pockets eh? No doubt filled with fruit you had discretely "picked" whilst walking past the stalls? Poor romas thought "we need our vitamins too" - they couldn't afford a coat with big pockets tho and wanted to steal your stolen fruit? #prayforvitaminstarvedimmigrants :tup:
its true twiggs they were trying to lift from me up butchers market.
:duno:

And to add balance there were not roma (gypsies) as romania had not got access to the EU at the time. But they were a bunch of em at bottom of row, and thats what they were trying, my duffel coats pockets at sides are a pick pockets easy target. It was quite busy, and i was phone gazing as I walked up, makes sense if you pick pocket for your target to be distracted, no?
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.

User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3161
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by barryanorak » Thu May 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Emsley wrote:
its true twiggs they were trying to lift from me up butchers market.
:duno:

And to add balance there were not roma (gypsies) as romania had not got access to the EU at the time. But they were a bunch of em at bottom of row, and thats what they were trying, my duffel coats pockets at sides are a pick pockets easy target. It was quite busy, and i was phone gazing as I walked up, makes sense if you pick pocket for your target to be distracted, no?

Once again. Roma does NOT equal Romanian.

Two completely separate peoples.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...


User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11448
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Contact:

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Martyn » Thu May 29, 2014 2:12 pm

No point coming up with facts BA, we need more blind prejudice.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3161
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by barryanorak » Thu May 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Guildford White wrote:No point coming up with facts BA, we need more blind prejudice.

So it would seem.

Sad, isn't it.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...


Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7395
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Emsley » Thu May 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Two people tried pickpocketing me.
Better?

:roll:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.

User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3161
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by barryanorak » Thu May 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Much.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...


Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7395
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Emsley » Thu May 29, 2014 2:58 pm

barryanorak wrote:Much.
lol @ politically correct crime reporting. :lol:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.

User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3161
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by barryanorak » Thu May 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Emsley wrote:
lol @ politically correct crime reporting. :lol:

Nah.

Just correct.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...


User avatar
CSA
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by CSA » Thu May 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Guildford White wrote:No point coming up with facts BA, we need more blind prejudice.
Still waiting :| :|

BTW my bad info meant to say Romanian and that is quoting BTP facts.
Image

User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3161
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by barryanorak » Thu May 29, 2014 3:46 pm

If I remember correctly, that was 170 convictions.

About 40 crimes per day, on average, on a background of 1.2 billion journeys a year.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...


User avatar
CSA
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by CSA » Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm

barryanorak wrote:If I remember correctly, that was 170 convictions.

About 40 crimes per day, on average, on a background of 1.2 billion journeys a year.
Still quite a percentage of convictions per head quoting Guilford's figures outlining how few of them are actually in the country.
Image

User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3161
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by barryanorak » Thu May 29, 2014 4:27 pm

But the point of that was that the ones committing the crimes were non-resident.

Day dipper trippers, if you will.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...


User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 74715
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by 1964white » Fri May 30, 2014 7:25 am


User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11448
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Contact:

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Martyn » Fri May 30, 2014 5:09 pm

I was torn - an orgy of indecision.

Two of the people I despise most in the world on the same panel, who to dislike most?

In the end my loathing of Piers Morgan just won out over my contempt for Joey Barton. That loud-mouthed UKIP woman who talked across everyone was a very creditable third, and if she gets many more appearances could force her way into the highest echelon.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

Armleywhite

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Armleywhite » Fri May 30, 2014 5:20 pm

As much as Morgan was quite right about some points, especially the disgusting decision to NOT publish the Chilcot papers in full, I did find the Irony monumental when he was spouting his usual rhetoric about lies.

User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11448
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Contact:

Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Martyn » Fri May 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Armleywhite wrote:As much as Morgan was quite right about some points, especially the disgusting decision to NOT publish the Chilcot papers in full, I did find the Irony monumental when he was spouting his usual rhetoric about lies.
Quite so. The man's hypocrisy is legendary
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

Post Reply

Advertisment