Pochettino new spurs boss. who's our boss?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Spurs have announced there new manager is Mauricio Pochettino and he said there is a lot of top class talent here and I need this time to get to know the squad and see what I can do to help the football club move forward.

I think its time we knew what was happening at Leeds, are we keeping Brian are we getting any new players all this talk about getting players and manager back early because we have a lot to do sorting out pre season and the team but nothing coming out from Elland Road. Whats going on??
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pochettino new spurs boss. who's our boss?

Post by 1964white »

Cellino is busy sorting out the mess he has inherited, his main priority is we are run efficiently from top to bottom.

Finding the right man to take us forward is a matter of importance as oppose to signing a bunch of doglegs which is generally the case with LUFC

Time & patience required once again !
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

The transfer window isn't open yet either.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Cellino is busy sorting out the mess he has inherited, his main priority is we are run efficiently from top to bottom.

Finding the right man to take us forward is a matter of importance as oppose to signing a bunch of doglegs which is generally the case with LUFC

Time & patience required once again !
Well said Sir. Rather than rushing an appointment this upcoming season, as already suggested by Cellino, is not the one where we will make the big push but a season where things will be straightened out and we will be put back on a solid footing. Southampton, for example, was not built overnight and it was because they got their academy running that they were able to progress (the 'neccesary' sales of Bale, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc providing the funds to allow them to compliment their team with decent signings and also put them in a position where there next batch of youngsters would be harder to prise away).

IF this season sees not a single new signing but more youth players making the step up then I will not mind one bit. Yes we may struggle but long term, and it is a while since there was any of that planning at ER, we will become a better side/club.

In Cellion I trust and in Leon I agree!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Like it or lump it - Cellino has made it clear from day one that HE is the one who will determine which players are selected, which gameplan we will use, etc. He wants a coach to kick us up towards promotion, as HE (Cellino) will be the "manager".
I am still not 100% convinced by this strategy (or Cellino), but how many total manager failures have we had at our club, in recent years? :duno: One jackass after another...
Perhaps the Cellino broom will actually sweep clean and this new "coach" idea will work?
Let's face it - we NEED to try summat new, after the past decade of pathetic failure. :twisted:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Twiggster wrote:Like it or lump it - Cellino has made it clear from day one that HE is the one who will determine which players are selected, which gameplan we will use, etc. He wants a coach to kick us up towards promotion, as HE (Cellino) will be the "manager".
I am still not 100% convinced by this strategy (or Cellino), but how many total manager failures have we had at our club, in recent years? :duno: One jackass after another...
Perhaps the Cellino broom will actually sweep clean and this new "coach" idea will work?
Let's face it - we NEED to try summat new, after the past decade of pathetic failure. :twisted:
I agree. At this stage anything is worth a try.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

drsdadsotherson wrote:
I agree. At this stage anything is worth a try.
I'm anxious about the unknown - it could all backfire..but surely no worse than what we have tolerated in the past decade? PLEASE??? :shock:
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

1964white wrote:Cellino is busy sorting out the mess he has inherited, his main priority is we are run efficiently from top to bottom.
this weeks main priority is selling Cagliari lol.

I also understand what your all saying and it's nice to see everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet for a change lol but the silence is deafening :duno:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

ldsutd wrote:
this weeks main priority is selling Cagliari lol.

I also understand what your all saying and it's nice to see everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet for a change lol but the silence is deafening :duno:
They say that no news is GOOD news tho - clutches at straws.... :duno:
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Its the fact that Egg is still around that twists the old noggin for me.
The only thing I can think of is that cellino thinks its cheaper to keep egg on his weekly wage packet that to fire him, possibly isolate him out of the running so he is forced to become so pissed off that he resigns and loses his pay off?
That would take a Major b@5tard to do that though..
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Emsley wrote:Its the fact that Egg is still around that twists the old noggin for me.
The only thing I can think of is that cellino thinks its cheaper to keep egg on his weekly wage packet that to fire him, possibly isolate him out of the running so he is forced to become so pissed off that he resigns and loses his pay off?
That would take a Major b@5tard to do that though..
We NEED "Major Bastids" at LUFC right now tho. HOPING Cellino is the bastardo to get it right.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Twiggster wrote:
We NEED "Major Bastids" at LUFC right now tho. HOPING Cellino is the bastardo to get it right.
yup raise the bar, if you cant keep up with it you can go!

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Glad you are back Ems :tup: Did you get banned from wacko? :duno: Easily done, mind you :roflmao:
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Twiggster wrote:Glad you are back Ems :tup: Did you get banned from wacko? :duno: Easily done, mind you :roflmao:
No.
Got a warning about a year ago for accidentally posting a link to a live feed game, then insulted a femnazi and white knight moderator warned me. two warnings. f**k knows how i manged that.

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Emsley wrote:
No.
Got a warning about a year ago for accidentally posting a link to a live feed game, then insulted a femnazi and white knight moderator warned me. two warnings. flipp knows how i manged that.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I think he will keep BmD as he keeps saying he is a coach not a Manager
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:

In Cellino I trust and in Leon I agree!
Now there's a first :wink: :lol:
trooper20
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by trooper20 »

Is Cellino a sheep in wolf's clothing - I think so. He will rant and rave but because Brian is a nice bloke he won't have the heart to get rid and will keep him on
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

trooper20 wrote:Is Cellino a sheep in wolf's clothing - I think so. He will rant and rave but because Brian is a nice bloke he won't have the heart to get rid and will keep him on
I can't agree with that lol he's sacked him once already :P I think it is more the scenario played out in above posts. It will cost him to sack him. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote:
I can't agree with that lol he's sacked him once already :P I think it is more the scenario played out in above posts. It will cost him to sack him. :bear:
Agreed, he seems to want to pi$$ him of so much, that he'll resign.