Favorite comedy's sitcoms?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Favorite comedy's sitcoms?

Post by gessa »

Martyn wrote:
Good call on Soap, classic American comedy
Agreed..Taxi was also a great show.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Favorite comedy's sitcoms?

Post by Martyn »

And Police Squad
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Martyn wrote:And Police Squad
Good shout! Watched this series one weekend not long after Mr Nielsen passed away. One of the best comedy actors around. Shame only 6 episodes were made, but I remember reading that it was because the American audience didn't understand the humour.

Another, quite modern one, I haven't seen mentioned is Bad Education. Features Jack Whitehall. Quite hit and miss at times but when it hit it was absolutely genious.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

tis true...would be top 5 current uk sitcoms...probably at 3 behind the detectorists and episodes
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Saw the first episode of Catastrophe last Monday - looks quite promising (starring and joint written by the very talented Sharon Horgan)

Second episode tonight, Channel 4, 10PM - the previous one will be on 4OD
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

and the Edwardian comedy just started with it's plethora of great English actresses...who's name escapes me right now..

had it's moments
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Martyn wrote:Saw the first episode of Catastrophe last Monday - looks quite promising (starring and joint written by the very talented Sharon Horgan)

Enjoyed it too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

oh...

and Cabin Pressure must rank top 5 British Sitcom...
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Martyn wrote:Saw the first episode of Catastrophe last Monday - looks quite promising (starring and joint written by the very talented Sharon Horgan)

Caught the second episode last night. Can't say I was overly impressed. Some sitcoms might have a dud episode or two so I'll give it another shot next week, but didn't find many parts even mildly amusing.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Osprey
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Osprey »

Frasier & Cheers from over the pond. Royle Family, Rising Damp, Blackadder, Father Ted, One Foot In The Grave.
since 7 October 1967
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

theleedsmango wrote:
Caught the second episode last night. Can't say I was overly impressed. Some sitcoms might have a dud episode or two so I'll give it another shot next week, but didn't find many parts even mildly amusing.

best episode so far tonight..it's getting good ..good call Martyn
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

oh Sergeant Bilko..

should forget that