Leeds v Sheffield Wed - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Team v Sheff Wed

Silvestri
7%
Turnbull
2%
Berardi
9%
Wootton
No votes
Bamba
12%
Bellusci
4%
Cooper
5%
Taylor
9%
Adeyemi
7%
Murphy
9%
Phillips
4%
Mowatt
4%
Byram
9%
Dallas
5%
Antenucci
7%
Wood
9%
Erwin
No votes
Doukara
No votes

Total votes: 57

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Sheffield Wed - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Crude wrote:Cooper got totally owned on that goal. Bellusci in instead, and the Wendy player never gets into that position.
Agreed, poor from Cooper and was as much to blame for that goal as Bellusci was for the Burnley one...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Once again thanks for all who contributed to this thread - it brings the game alive at least to an extent and it means a lot to this 4th world resident without a 'streaming'-grade connection.
Good summary of the players' performance too faaip - 9.85 this week :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:So 2 meh challenges get yellows and 4 more deserving SW tackles go unpunished
Referee was totally inconsistent with his decisions, nothing new there !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Beradi for me, immense in defence and going forward
Hardly put a foot wrong in all his games :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:

nice of Cooper to move out of the way so the striker could get his shot off...
Had Bellusci move out of the way & made so many misplaced passes he'd have got slaughtered, Cooper was okay although he was better at Reading

I hear Bamba played Wednesday onside for their goal :shock:

Cracking goal, can't blame Silvestri for that one :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A few observations:
- Wood is getting better, both in terms of sharpness and knowing the rest of the team around him
- Dallas looked better on the right
- Byram's head isn't right
- Berardi looked solid
- Bamba is a revelation this season
- Silvestri did quite well
- Taylor's quietly brilliant
- Adeyemi is fast becoming our best midfielder
- We definitely miss Murphy

Thought we looked pedestrian & predictable in our build up against a very average Owls side, the first half was like watching paint dry :| I hear Bamba played Wednesday onside for what was a stunning strike. We looked better once Murphy came on. Good team goal when Dallas for once jinked between two defenders to provide a tap in for Wood. Unfortunately the game went flat again after we had equalised. We need to inject more urgency in our game, with Cook & Murphy back in the team v Derby & hopefully the Watford fella will agree to sign terms with us, those three may be just the tonic we require !
My man Berardi was excellent again today, hardly put a foot wrong this season :clap: to think some of our fans wanted him out of ER last autumn, best RB we've had in years !

Silvestri - 7
Berardi - 9 - (MOTM)....Bamba will get it, toss up between the two tbh
Bamba - 9
Cooper - 6
Taylor - 8
Byram - 4
Ademeyi - 7
Phillips - 4
Antenucci - 7
Wood - 7
Dallas - 6

Murphy - 7
Mowatt - 6
Doukara - Why ?
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Anybody blaming Cooper for their goal needs their head examining. Pefect run, perfect pass, perfect 1st touch, perfect finish.
Do we always have to find somebody to blame - Just hold your hands up and say there was nothing we could do about that goal.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Anybody blaming Cooper for their goal needs their head examining. Pefect run, perfect pass, perfect 1st touch, perfect finish.
Do we always have to find somebody to blame - Just hold your hands up and say there was nothing we could do about that goal.
A fantastic stunning goal :tup:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Was at game today poor first half performance in my opinion, better second half. However, I felt the team we picked and the formation we started with should have been different. I don't understand why Murphy and Mowatt have not been starting. Overall, I am getting worried about where the first win is going to come from, the next 5 games seem very difficult.
Ratings for the game
Silvestri- 7 had very little to do, however, he appeared much more confident.
Berardi- 8 Continues to improve and in my opinion has been the best signing we have made in the last 12 months.
Bamba- 8 As usual he was excellent defensively and looked more than capable of being able to run with the ball.
Cooper- 7 defensively he had another good game, however, I lost count of how many long balls he attempted to Byram and Wood with none of them leading to any real chances (although I would guess he had been instructed to do this.)
Taylor- 7 defensively he performed very well, however, I don't remember him getting any dangerous crosses in considering how many times he crossed the ball.
Byram- 5 I thought it was just one of those games for Sam their left back Wiggins did an excellent job defensively on Sam.
Adeyemi- 5 I thought he offered very little when we were in possession and I didn't think he protected the back 4 enough.
Phillips- 5 Likely to be another huge prospect, however, I thought he was quiet today.
Dallas- 6 Set up the goal and looked much better on the right wing. I was not impressed with his performance on the left wing.
Antenucci- 6 The quieter of the two up front in my opinion, still I back him to continue the form he has shown recently.
Wood- 8 The Man Of The Match in my opinion, not just because of his goal, I think his link up play is fantastic, he can hold the ball up and I can't remember him losing a header.
Substitutes
Mowatt- 6 By Alex's standards I thought he was a little bit quiet I still without doubt think he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet.
Murphy- 7 Excellent when he came on and the game appeared to change when he came on. What I cannot believe was that he appeared to be playing in the holding midfield role, his best position in my opinion is further up or maybe even playing as a cental attacking midfielder.
Doukara- wasn't on the pitch long enough for me to rate.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote:Anybody blaming Cooper for their goal needs their head examining. Pefect run, perfect pass, perfect 1st touch, perfect finish.

because we had an outpouring of blame for Bellusci for the Burnley goal. TBH I did wonder why he didn't try to get a foot up and he appeared to lean back to make room for the striker. Both could have done better both not really to blame.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

one excellent cross from Taylor Gary at least and seemed to be more of a threat down the left than Dallas was...But I agree we're under-rating Woods performance today, played really well and with a little luck could have had a hat trick
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:I don't understand why Murphy and Mowatt have not been starting

Berardi- 8 Continues to improve and in my opinion has been the best signing we have made in the last 12 months

1,000's of Leeds fans can't understand it too Gary

As for Berardi....music to my ears :tup:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Leeds v Sheffield Wed - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Murphy not fully fit is he. Expect him cook to start against Derby!!!

All doom and gloom!!!
Bollocks!!!
Solid start!!!
Seeing signs of a team there
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Murphy not fully fit is he. Expect him cook to start against Derby!!!

All doom and gloom!!!
Bollocks!!!
Solid start!!!
Seeing signs of a team there
That's my boy :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

agreed
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Thank f**k for that. I was starting to think I lived on a different planet to everyone else!

Well, we were promised heavy metal football- and instead of Lemmy & Motorhead we have Justin Hawkins & The Darkness.

That first half was dire. That goal had no place in a game as dreadful as that. Second half was better. Rossler got it wrong today. There is no way a team should have that much possession and create so little. If Murphy is still recovering then that's fine- but play the best of the rest. And that doesn't include Phillips. He was being lauded last match for running a long way. That doesn't make him a good footballer. He might become one, but he isn't yet.

Silvestri- meh. Nothing to do, no chance with the goal.
Berardi- Something not quite right today. He is normally the epitome of calm professionalism. Today he was ragged and rash. Still effective, but some mistimed tackles could have got him into trouble.
Cooper- Very solid today. Not at fault for the goal, despite what some people seem to think.
Bamba- I think someone told him he was Rio Ferdinand today. Looked absolute class carrying the ball out of defence. MoM
Taylor- Made that LB slot his own once again.

Nothing wrong with that defence.

Byram- Quiet game.
Adeyemi- Maybe not his fault, but he is not really a creative player- he protects the back 4. Since SW were just as poor as us, he was just not needed in his role.
Phillips- I don't care how far he runs, he is not yet one of our best 11.
Dallas- A different player on the right. The way he ghosted past 2 defenders to set up the goal was a thing of beauty.
Antennucci- Another solid shift. He looks busy as a bee, and twists and turns around the box nicely. Excellent pace, and he loves those snap shots. But are they as effective as they could have been?
Wood- Size, strength, effort, unlucky not to have had another. I think he was expensive, but he looks like the real deal. He seems to prefer playing up front with Antennucci.

Mowatt/Murphy- assuming Murphy is being gradually reintroduced Mowatt should definitely have started for Phillips. Then when it became obvious SW were creating nothing, Murphy on for Adeyemi. Once these 2 were on we had much more zip and creativity.

I think this one has to be laid at Roslers door. He got it wrong, against a poor Wednesday team that were there for the taking. He set us up with no creativity in the middle.

I think we have a problem on the right. Dallas looked better at going past people than Byram. Berardi has been solid all season. We have 3 players who deserve a spot and only 2 places. One thing I was wondering- isn't Berardi comfortable right across the back 4? A back 4 of Taylor, Bamba, Berardi, Byram would be a bit special. (and most people have a concern about either Cooper or Bellusci( or both)).
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

not sure Beradi is a central defender but I'd go with a Byram Bellusci Bamba Beradi back 4 at a pinch and move Taylor up. Not ideal but I could live with it.
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

faaip wrote:not sure Beradi is a central defender but I'd go with a Byram Bellusci Bamba Beradi back 4 at a pinch and move Taylor up. Not ideal but I could live with it.
I can't remember exactly where he can play- I just knew he played more than as a RB. I was sure I had read he could play anywhere across the back.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

andywatson wrote:
I can't remember exactly where he can play- I just knew he played more than as a RB. I was sure I had read he could play anywhere across the back.
I think he can play on either side at the back but not center but I could be wrong.
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

ldsutd wrote:
I think he can play on either side at the back but not center but I could be wrong.
Ah well, that's a shame.