La Liga 2015-2016 predictions?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Who will win La Liga this season?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:14 pm

Athletic Bilbao
No votes
Atletico Madrid
No votes
Barcelona
50%
Real Madrid
50%
Sevilla
No votes
Valencia
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 2

Oscar
First Team
First Team

La Liga 2015-2016 predictions?

Postby Oscar » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:14 pm

In my opinion, there is no better title race than the La Liga title race, usually it's between Barcelona and Real Madrid but don't completely rule out another team such as: Atletico Madrid, Valenica, Sevilla or Athletic Bilbao having a title push. Atletico Madrid two years ago won the title and it is not always the two horse race that most appear to think it is. Even if the title is just between Barcelona and Real Madrid it always seems to be entertaining.

My Predictions:
1. Real Madrid- I rate Rafa as a manager, however, it has been a long time since he has led a team to a proper title challenge, however, his record in the cups is fantastic. I think he will lead Real Madrid to the title, the front 4 could be: Bale, James, Ronaldo and Benzema with Kroos and Modric behind them. There are 3 key reasons I think they will win the title: they appear to have had an excellent pre season, they have a bigger squad than Barcelona and they have more options and the team is already set up the way Rafa usually likes his teams to be set up 4-2-3-1. However, two factors that could go against them are: that in my opinion they have not replaced Casillas and still don't appear to know Gareth Bale's best position. Unfortunately, I just think Real Madrid will win the title this season especially if more signings arrive.
2. Barcelona- Last season was an incredible season, the turnaround by Luis Enrique, Luis Suarez, Gerard Pique and Lionel Messi from January onwards was incredible. I am a little worried that Barca have let Pedro leave as he was a great option on the bench. In my opinion the squad is too small and if the team suffers any injuries I think it will be a serious problem for Barca. I still think Luis Enrique can surpass what Pep achieved at the club (Pep didn't win the title every season), and the front three along with the fantastic and reliable: Pique, Alba, Rakitic and Iniesta can land them the title again. However, almost every team in the league has injury problems at some stage and for that reason I think they will just miss out.
3. Atletico Madrid- Excellent manager and the team still has excellent individuals, I think they will still have a chance of the title by March/April, however, I think they will just fall short.
4. Sevilla- I was impressed with them last season.
5. Valencia
6. Athletic Bilbao
Whats your verdict?
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

Return to “General Chat”