Pearson has quit [Merged]

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Re: Pearson has quit [Merged]

Post by Brader »

Apparently Cellino doesn't sing national anthems too. The swine.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Brader wrote:Apparently Cellino doesn't sing national anthems too. The swine.
:lol:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Whatever the reason for him leaving, it's a big blow. Hopefully there is enough infrastructure in place now for the club to carry on smoothly...

Maybe he'll come back at the end of the Super League season? :duno:
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I think he came in thinking he could take over the club - perhaps he has seen he can't?
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
gessa

Post by gessa »

mav wrote:I think he came in thinking he could take over the club - perhaps he has seen he can't?
That thought entered into my head too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

you mean hostile takeover? ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:you mean hostile takeover? ...
I was surprised when he came to work for the club, think I made some comment on the thread when he arrived, not sure, any way, I usually don't subscribe to conspiracy theories etc but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he accepted the offer, to help get the club on a level footing whilst getting a feel for what Cellino's plans, as regard selling were, he's discovered that Cellino's here for the long haul and has decided to look elsewhere for a club to run with his consortium. Or indeed, looking at a hostile takeover now he knows the inner workings,as such.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote:I was surprised when he came to work for the club, think I made some comment on the thread when he arrived, not sure, any way, I usually don't subscribe to conspiracy theories etc but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he accepted the offer, to help get the club on a level footing whilst getting a feel for what Cellino's plans, as regard selling were, he's discovered that Cellino's here for the long haul and has decided to look elsewhere for a club to run with his consortium. Or indeed, looking at a hostile takeover now he knows the inner workings,as such.
If this were the case, what would people's feelings be on it? It's generally considered that the club has improved since Pearson arrived in summer and has the know-how to get the most out of the resources at his disposal.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Pesonally, I'd have no problem with Pearson as chairman/owner, provided he or his consortium had the resources to take us forward. The ship has sailed much smoother with him as first mate
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The safety catch has just been taken off a loaded gun with a hair trigger
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Cellino strikes again !!!! Pearson has quit !

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: With you again on the Cellino thing Weasel :shock:

A double whammy as we all boarded the coach with phones in hands to read Pearson had gone, worrying as i believe he was the best signing of the summer. Who comes in now i wonder ?
I'm guessing that the performance might have been influenced a bit by the news as the players would surely have known beforehand and maybe even before the Brentford game too.

It is a big shame that Pearson has gone but I find it is too simplistic to take the approach that everything good this summer was because of Pearson. Pearson is much more media savvy than the unpredictable/volatile (insert own word) Cellino but that doesn't make Cellino an idiot. What we have seen this summer has been the club operating like a graceful swan instead of seeing all the action taking place under the surface. But that doesn't mean Pearson was making all the decisions.

Hopefully Pearson's experience of the English game has helped Cellino to increase his knowledge/understanding of the championship and English football in general. I certainly don't think things will suddenly implode.

Don't forget that for all Pearson's influence it was still Cellino's authorising the signings and making sure none of our young assets left.
hector

Post by hector »

No that can't be right Weasel..

Pearson locked Cellino up in the broom cupboard for the summer and ran the club himself... How else did we manage to get good business done??
:roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:Pesonally, I'd have no problem with Pearson as chairman/owner, provided he or his consortium had the resources to take us forward. The ship has sailed much smoother with him as first mate

but he/they wouldn't have. Ship may have run smoother but it's been Cellino's money that has provided any necessary lubrication
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:

but he/they wouldn't have. Ship may have run smoother but it's been Cellino's money that has provided any necessary lubrication
Which is why I made that point. A point that may be moot, as we have no idea if that was/is Pearson's plan. But, with funds, I'd say yes
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:
Which is why I made that point. A point that may be moot, as we have no idea if that was/is Pearson's plan. But, with funds, I'd say yes

we languished with Bates looking for a buyer for years, GFH took advantage of that then they needed to sell...two massive occasions when a coalition could have come in if they had the inclination (there were a couple of mickey mouse penny pinching bids IIRC)...I'm not interested in another buyer now unless someone wants to be bullish about buying the club
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Pearson has quit [Merged]

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Cellino is not an idiot. This does not make him sane however.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:

we languished with Bates looking for a buyer for years, GFH took advantage of that then they needed to sell...two massive occasions when a coalition could have come in if they had the inclination (there were a couple of mickey mouse penny pinching bids IIRC)...I'm not interested in another buyer now unless someone wants to be bullish about buying the club
You'll get no argument from me, faaip, no more chancers. But, in answer to (I think) Genghers question, if Pearson had the funds to take us forward, I wouldn't be averse to him in charge. That's not to suggest that I want Cellino to sell up, but his erratic behaviour does concern me
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Cellino is not an idiot. This does not make him sane however.

I'm fairly sure he's sane in a medical sense...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Strange how folk defend Pearson who has now jumped ship from two clubs inside four months whilst condemning Cellino who stuck at one club in 22 years !
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

1964white wrote:Strange how folk defend Pearson who has now jumped ship from two clubs inside four months whilst condemning Cellino who stuck at one club in 22 years !
Probably because Cellino is non-english? :roll:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011