Steven Evans - Press Conference 19/11/15

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Steven Evans - Press Conference 19/11/15

Post by 1964white »

Lee Sobot YEP
Evans: "Every game is a big game but against your old club it adds a bit extra to it."
Evans: "But this is a dangerous game for us after back to back wins
Evans: "I have been in love with every club I have managed. I was in love with Rotherham. Now I am in love with #lufc"
Evans: "We have to be at the top of our game against Rotherham, that's for sure."
Evans: "It's unusual for me not to get any messages off the Rotherham players, I've had none. Says it all." #
Evans: "There was great expectation here in the summer, that this could be 'the' season..
Evans: "My first task was to get the first win, then back to back, now it's to get three in a row."
Evans: "There's no uncertainty here as far as the dressing room is concerned."
Evans on getting players in: "I believe the chairman will support me here, he has said that and I believe him."
Evans on lufc calender: "I volunteered my services to walk out in my speedos. No-one would have that of course."
Evans on continued Moyes speculation: "I can only control the controllable."
Evans: "We were a club looking over our shoulders. Now we are very much looking forwards but we have to keep winning."
Charlie Taylor is back in training at "70 per cent", will be 100 per cent after the weekend. Cooper is fine
Evans says 1 or 2 other players have minor knocks but "there will be no excuses" at the weekend
Evans says talks are ongoing with Sam Byram's people about his future.
Evans: "A lot of people think the grass is greener. I struggle to understand why any young player would want to leave ER
Evans: "We have had calls for 3 or 4 fringe players but I believe we have to strengthen first."
Evans: "There are talks ongoing with a lot of people, not just the lad at Sunderland and a lad at Norwich."
Evans asked if he will tone down any potential celebrations against Rotherham: "No! I'm not going to change!"

Adam Pope:
SE: "Ive got no doubt Neil Redfearn will do well at Rotherham. He works for a great man in Tony Stewart.
SE:" I believe the chairman will support me come January if I keep winning games."
Evans met with Cellino yesterday talking about the balance of the squad and loans before next Wednesday.
Evans joked he offered to pose in speedos for the #lufc calendar but nobody took him up on it!
SE believes that Sam Byram's agent is speaking to the club about his future. Evans says Byram needs to commit & that he wants him to.
Evans says he will be the first to applaud the Rotherham fans. Added that Neil Redfearn is a friend of his
Evans says he'd like Mirco Antenucci to stay :"He's been a revelation. ... I'd be hopeful that he'll be around."