Prem/Champs/League 1&2 - FINAL SCORES

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Prem/Champs/League 1&2 - FINAL SCORES

Post by 1964white »

Premiership/Championship Poll rules

At the beginning of the competition each player nominates two albums, one for each league

Advisable to nominate classic albums or ones you think may do well unless you wish your choice to end up bottom of either league

So if there are twelve albums in each league each album has a eleven matches

Each player would choose their winner of each match

Each round of matches to last for one week only so we don't have the competition dragging on

Probably have to play the Premier League one week & the Championship the next on a alternative week basis

Two points for a win, one for a draw

At the end of the competition which should last about six months we would have a promotion/relegation situation.

Bottom three of Premier relegated to the Championship

Top three of championship promoted to the Premier League

Bottom three of championship drops out

Bottom five of League 2 drop out of the competition

Then we start a new season
1964white

Re: Premiership/Championship Album Poll

Post by 1964white »

Right to kick off the pre-season.

I require each player to nominate two albums

Your first album shall be entered in the Premier League & your other choice will be entered in the Championship League
gessa

Post by gessa »

Prem - Beggar's Banquet - Stones

Champ - The Bends - Radiohead
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Prem - Supertramp - Crime Of The Century

Champs - ELO - Very Best Of/All Around The World
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

So, any album we like? And then the other players will listen to it and decide which they prefer of the opposing albums?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:So, any album we like? And then the other players will listen to it and decide which they prefer of the opposing albums?
Any albums you like mate but there is no guarantee our players will listen to the albums when the voting commences

I'll be nominating safe, nothing to obscure from me. I don't want my albums in the relegation places, it's nervous enough watching Leeds :wink:
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Queen - A day at the races

David Bowie - Diamond dogs

Is there supposed to be some sort of reasons as to choices? Or just pot luck that the albums people pick? Not sure whats to do, but I'll start easy I suppose? (I know this smilie is hated) But...... :duno:
Yup, it's me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

really tricky, not many "classics" I rate.

Can I just, and this is not a criticism Armley, mention that my other half requested that as she hadn't heard it in full since god knows when could we crank up the deck and play Diamond Dogs again...at its completion She put the record back in the sleeve and said "well that hasn't dated well. I seem to remember it being so much better" I have to say I couldn't disagree. Again just a personal opinion

I'm going to give this a little thought though, if classic is the way to go it narrows it down considerably. Bowie, Hendrix, Zep, Floyd have all struggled here of late to raise much interest. (A little tip out there for some of you wanting my vote come match day) We're not Who/Stones fans at all really either
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

faaip wrote:really tricky, not many "classics" I rate.

Can I just, and this is not a criticism Armley, mention that my other half requested that as she hadn't heard it in full since god knows when could we crank up the deck and play Diamond Dogs again...at its completion She put the record back in the sleeve and said "well that hasn't dated well. I seem to remember it being so much better" I have to say I couldn't disagree. Again just a personal opinion

I'm going to give this a little thought though, if classic is the way to go it narrows it down considerably. Bowie, Hendrix, Zep, Floyd have all struggled here of late to raise much interest. (A little tip out there for some of you wanting my vote come match day) We're not Who/Stones fans at all really either
Don't worry mate, no offence taken. I was probably in a mood that suited it last time I listened to it??

I think the older classics you mentioned strggling is down to the fact that, maybe, there are more younger posters and they appreciate a much younger style of music??
Yup, it's me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think it's that the music from that era it getting a little dated now. I loved Aladin Sane and Ziggy but I never really got into Diamond Dogs, the other half did though citing it for years as the best Bowie album ...then we finally got round to listening to it again...Her love affair with the album now well and truly over. Ah well.

So onto nominations, and I have to bring out a big gun here to be worthy to compete in the premier division, but it also had to be an album I would drag with me to a desert island. Spirit, Beefheart, Pink Floyd (yes I know what I said, but Meddle has a certain charm) T Rex, Blue Oyster Cult (too obscure for here I feel) Hendrix, Beatles, all were considered but in the end I picked my band. Now which album?

no contest really the Debut came closest but in the end it had to be

Was there a better band/artist in the late 60's early 70's....

Premiership nomination LA WOMAN - THE DOORS
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Championship is a no brainer for me. A true classic and has remained so since the moment I heard this...blew me away more than any other track has done before or since...

Championship Nomination SURFER ROSA - PIXIES
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

TwatsBack wrote:Queen - A day at the races

David Bowie - Diamond dogs

Is there supposed to be some sort of reasons as to choices? Or just pot luck that the albums people pick? Not sure whats to do, but I'll start easy I suppose? (I know this smilie is hated) But...... :duno:
Pot luck mate

Your selections will play against the other albums once all the nominations are in & by the end of the competition we'll have the album champion & those at the bottom of the table in a relegation battle. Naturally you want your albums to do well but it's more of a case of the best album from all the choices over 14 matches should we have 15 players. Sounds complicated but it won't be once the competition is under way. It shall take some working out for myself though :chair:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Prem - Beggar's Banquet - Stones

Champ - The Bends - Radiohead
Really surprised you didn't go for a Zeppelin or Sabbath album mate or are or you assuming Hector will come with a double of Zepp nominations :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:really tricky, not many "classics" I rate.

I'm a massive Who/Stones fan but that was my thinking as there are not many fans on here although Who's Next should do well in this competition i suspect. I reckon Ziggy/Hunky would be the most popular choices from the Bowie catalogue. It bit like Zappa for you !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Championship is a no brainer for me. A true classic and has remained so since the moment I heard this...blew me away more than any other track has done before or since...

Championship Nomination SURFER ROSA - PIXIES
Should do well but who knows when it is pitched v other great albums
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Beatles, Beach Boys, Bowie, Clash, Fleetwood Mac, Floyd, Zeppelin, Radiohead, R.E.M, Floyd, Stones, Doors, Springsteen, U2, Who, Wonder, Yes + many other albums from top bands - so many to choose from where do I start or do I go down the road of albums from the noughties such as Arcade Fire, Killers, Midlake, etc.....nah !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good start :tup: we have four sets of nominations so far, hopefully a few more will appear during the weekend :-D
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Premiership

Exile on Main Street

Championship

Never Mind the B******* Here's the Sex Pistols
hector

Post by hector »