JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW....

Post by 1964white »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35215306

Birmingham have lost their best youngster as Ranieri snaps him up Leicester, good signing for the Foxes
gessa

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW....

Post by gessa »

Will be a big loss for them, exciting player.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35215306

Birmingham have lost their best youngster as Ranieri snaps him up Leicester, good signing for the Foxes
Compete pack of lies 64. You know full well that no other championship team sells their best young players apart from Leeds.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:
Complete pack of lies 64. You know full well that no other championship team sells their best young players apart from Leeds.
:roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

@PhilHayYEP Lafferty reports appear to be premature. Being told that a move to #lufc is "far from being done."
gessa

Post by gessa »

Wouldn't be disappointed if it doesn't come off.
We need better than Lafferty
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Wouldn't be disappointed if it doesn't come off.
We need better than Lafferty
Can't recall seeing him play tbh mate, majority who have don't rate him much
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:
Can't recall seeing him play tbh mate, majority who have don't rate him much
Watched him quite a bit while he was at Rangers, watched a fair bit of Scottish football those days, and he wasn't outstanding there and that was a time they were dominant, it still isn't as competitive as the Championship is now, his goalscoring record isn't brilliant around 1 in 6, similar sort of player as Wood. We need something different , so when we come up against teamslike MKD ,we can have a plan B. A Gradel type player is what we need.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
Watched him quite a bit while he was at Rangers, watched a fair bit of Scottish football those days, and he wasn't outstanding there and that was a time they were dominant, it still isn't as competitive as the Championship is now, his goalscoring record isn't brilliant around 1 in 6, similar sort of player as Wood. We need something different , so when we come up against teamslike MKD ,we can have a plan B. A Gradel type player is what we need.
Totally agree mate :tup: we have no one who frightens defenders
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Liam Bridcutt says he is keen to extend his loan deal from Sunderland until the end of the season.

The midfielder’s initial emergency loan period expired following Saturday’s 1-1 draw at home to MK Dons, but he and the club are now hopeful of increasing his United stay after making a big impact since his arrival at the end of November.

Bridcutt has played an integral part in the side’s recent upturn in form, helping United climb towards the top half of the table during a seven-game unbeaten run in his eight appearances for the club.

His performances have led to speculation linking the former Brighton man with moves to other Championship clubs, but Bridcutt has his sights set on remaining at Elland Road until the summer at least.

“Saturday was officially my last game but we’re in the middle of sorting it out now,” he said. “I’m hoping to extend it until the end of the season.

“I want to extend it and Leeds want me here. It’s just waiting on Sunderland now.

“For now, I think it would be an extension of the loan until the end of the season.

“But I’d be happy for a permanent move. I think it’s about time for me to move on from Sunderland now and I’m ready for a new challenge.

“Game time is the most important thing for me. The manager has been brilliant with me, he’s given me a great opportunity to come here and play.

“I’m happy and you can see in the way that I’m playing that I’m back to my normal self.

“The manager has shown me some great respect and he’s given me some great opportunities to come in and do what I love doing.”

Speaking after Saturday’s draw with MK Dons, Bridcutt admitted United weren’t at their best and were unable to match the performance levels shown in recent weeks.

“We’re setting our standards so high now – we’ve been unbelievable at times in the last few weeks – but we weren’t really at it on Saturday,” he said.

“We’ve had such a good run where we were probably due a game where we weren’t quite at the races.

“It’s now about building on it and getting back to winning ways.

“I think we’re just lacking a few goals at the minute, but in all fairness to the strikers they have been in form and we’ve been creating opportunities.

“I think once we start firing again and scoring, we’ll start winning games.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:
Totally agree mate :tup: we have no one who frightens defenders

Steve evans does....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

gessa wrote:

His goalscoring record is 1 in 3 for games he starts.

I would agree the midfield balance needs to be addressed before we look upfront but getting in Laff would mean we could have a 2 man attack that while not quick, are both mobile and more than a handfull.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

12400819_10153709092397936_8543494300440355714_n.jpg
AP at elland rd on sat
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Anything in this, WW, you've had some good inside info in the past?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

Looking to take up his role again now after got through divorce and took break away. PERHAPS :tup:
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I wouldn't mind lafferty coming in, but only for the very optimistic national team link with Dallas. Id much prefer him to the links of Peter crouch.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Brader wrote:I wouldn't mind lafferty coming in, but only for the very optimistic national team link with Dallas. Id much prefer him to the links of Peter crouch.

Ward too then?

8-)
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Right now I'd take any of them. Hah.

Bridcutt being a priority for me.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

woodfordwhites wrote:Looking to take up his role again now after got through divorce and took break away. PERHAPS :tup:
I'd almost welcome that more than any on-pitch signings!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson