Steve Evans - Press Conference 04/02/16

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Steve Evans - Press Conference 04/02/16

Post by 1964white »

Lee Sobot:
Evans on transfer window: "We tried our best, but I don't see the January window as fair in terms of what you pay."
Evans: "The January window is an inflated market.
Evans: "One of the ones we liked has gone to Spain but can't play, a bizarre situation.
Evans: "We'd have liked to have strengthened further...but we don't want to put the club at risk."
Evans: "We don't want to go down the road of signing players that are the same as the ones that are already here."
Evans: "Football can change. We need to believe that if we can get a result on Saturday we can have a wee look up again.
Evans on how many players #lufc need to get to top 6: "You are still probably talking four or five." #lufc #lufclive
Evans: "There will be conversations with the representatives of the better young players that we have got."
Evans: "I don't think selling a Cook or a Taylor would have gone down well with our supporters. The offers were huge.
Evans on Forest: "A couple of new players in the building and they look a different team.
Evans: "Big Chris Wood will be out for a couple of weeks we think."
Evans: "Sol made it clear that he wanted to be here, we made it clear that we wanted him to be here." #lufc #lufclive
Evans on Mowatt: "Alex has trained all week and has been particularly impressive." #lufc #lufclive
Evans: "We have got 3 good players in during the window."
Evans says there is still the Byram available and more
Berardi will be back in a couple of weeks
Evans says there were offers for Antenucci in the January window but none were accepted, contrary to reports #lufc #lufcliv
Evans says the Byram money is still available and more, and lack of money was not the reason for deals not going through
SE:Would Steve Gibson have spent that money on Jordan Rhodes if they were 14th in the table? Not a chance. They see the Premier League #lufc
SE: "When I joined I privately thought that the Cooks and Taylors wouldn't be here going forward. The president assured me they would."#lufc
Evans: "I think we can finish in the top ten. It's our job to get there and see if the clubs above can handle squeaky bum time
Evans on Sam Winnall: "I think he would have got on his bike and bent backwards to come to Elland Road, but it didn't get that far." #luf

Adam Pope
Evans on transfer window: "We would have liked to have a couple of strikers in " #lufc
Evans referred to Kike's move from Middlesbrough to Eibar as "bizarre" as he won't be able to play until next season.
Evans says this season since he arrived was always about building for next year & "to not give the owner sleepless nights about relegation."
Evans: "We have to keep our best players...and make sure our better youngsters are here on July 1." #LUFC
Alex Mowatt has trained all week. Saturday may still be too early
Evans says there's been a big commitment from Cellino to keep players at #lufc by turning down bids.
Gaetano Berardi will be back from injury in a fortnight. Ross Turnbull is about a month away. #lufc
Evans says there were offers for Antenucci but none were accepted. He feels the player wants to stay at #lufc