Giuseppe Bellusci

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Giuseppe Bellusci

Post by 1964white »

We wouldn't have conceded four at Brighton with this man at the heart of our defence
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Re: Giuseppe Bellusci

Post by Drs.Dad »

I also have a great deal of faith in him, with the caveat that he does have a number of yellow and red cards in his makeup. When you are a defender like Bellusci, there are only a matter of inches between a brilliant tackle and a yellow or red.

Also, while upset about Coyle, and the manner of his injury, I am pleased that the silken Berardi is back in the frame for the position that was all his own until his own injury problem. Even Bamba was back to his best on Saturday, Charlie was doing a good job, and with Diagouraga just in front of them, we could have a decent defence working together.

Here's hoping!
:tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Said from day one he has quality about him. Anticipation is excellent, distribution very good, tackling as good as most in this division. A little weak in the air and sometimes gets over emotional but the first name on the team sheet for me. Hope he's in the team next season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Drs.Dad wrote:I also have a great deal of faith in him, with the caveat that he does have a number of yellow and red cards in his makeup. When you are a defender like Bellusci, there are only a matter of inches between a brilliant tackle and a yellow or red.

Also, while upset about Coyle, and the manner of his injury, I am pleased that the silken Berardi is back in the frame for the position that was all his own until his own injury problem. Even Bamba was back to his best on Saturday, Charlie was doing a good job, and with Diagouraga just in front of them, we could have a decent defence working together.

Here's hoping!
Bellusci is a footballing CB who plays on the edge. Captain material imo as oppose to the other two clowns who have worn the armband between them this season. Really can't understand the dogs abuse he receives tbh
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Drs.Dad wrote:I also have a great deal of faith in him, with the caveat that he does have a number of yellow and red cards in his makeup. When you are a defender like Bellusci, there are only a matter of inches between a brilliant tackle and a yellow or red.

Here's hoping!

Centre backs work as a pair. Bamba with Bellusci was always our best pairing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Said from day one he has quality about him. Anticipation is excellent, distribution very good, tackling as good as most in this division. A little weak in the air and sometimes gets over emotional but the first name on the team sheet for me. Hope he's in the team next season
Can't recall a CB in the last twelve years who makes so many tackles & interceptions, so crucial for defenders to break play up

First man on the team sheet for me too :tup:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:
Can't recall a CB in the last twelve years who makes so many tackles & interceptions, so crucial for defenders to break play up

First man on the team sheet for me too :tup:
Bellusci is much improved this season and if he can improve his consistency, he could become one of the championships best centre backs. In terms of Centre Backs in the last 12 years well, I would list Matthew Kilgallon, Patrick Kisnorbo (before the injury) and Alex Bruce as the only defenders who I have seen/remember making more tackles and interceptions. However, we haven't seen many consistent centre backs in the last 12 years in my opinion.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:
Really can't understand the dogs abuse he receives tbh
It isn't just Bellusci sadly :(, Bridcutt has one poor game (apparently) on Saturday and fans appear to be jumping to conclusions. http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/05/wo ... erformanc/
If I was Liam Bridcutt I would be furious at this, as he has been exceptional for Leeds and I really want him to be our captain and wearing the iconic number 4 like Billy, Vinnie Jones and David Batty next season he may not be as good as any of those 3 players, however, he is one of the best in his position in this league. I fear we won't be able to sign Liam permanently in the summer and this certainly won't have helped matters. There is no way Dave is a better player than Bridcutt.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:
It isn't just Bellusci sadly :(, Bridcutt has one poor game (apparently) on Saturday and fans appear to be jumping to conclusions. http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/05/wo ... erformanc/
If I was Liam Bridcutt I would be furious at this, as he has been exceptional for Leeds and I really want him to be our captain and wearing the iconic number 4 like Billy, Vinnie Jones and David Batty next season he may not be as good as any of those 3 players, however, he is one of the best in his position in this league. I fear we won't be able to sign Liam permanently in the summer and this certainly won't have helped matters. There is no way Dave is a better player than Bridcutt.
Some of our fans are unbelievable especially the twitter lot

Agree Bridcutt has been a superb signing for us, surely he's allowed one shocker now & again
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I also like him from day one a true warrior that doesn't just ball watch he actually puts his foot in and is usually calm when on the ball. Like i say USUALLY because he does have a hot head and a mistake in his locker but that's why he's not in the premier league and we can afford him. To be fair I also like Bianchi from the start too but he's gone and I don't know why? maybe Evans didn't rate him :roll:
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

Whilist i do rate bellusci the key issue for me is his consistancy that display aginast bolton was flawless, there was only two moments in that whole highlight clip i dis like from a center back both are for the same thing.

he wins the ball in his own box which was great play by him anticipation and timing had to be and was spot on, dav picks up the loose ball but then bellusci goes taring off down the pitch wanting to be involved in a counter whilist we still have the ball in our last 3rd lucky cook evades a couple of challenges had cook lost the ball when he was surrounded by 3 men then we would have been in trouble if you check the video out its around the 1.15 min mark.

he does the same again on the 2 min mark where he wins the ball and then goes running off up the pitch. personally for me thats not a center backs job nor should it be encouraged

but to finish on a positive note i do rate him and i do feel our defense is better when he is involved without a doubt.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hibbi86 wrote:Whilist i do rate bellusci the key issue for me is his consistancy that display aginast bolton was flawless, there was only two moments in that whole highlight clip i dis like from a center back both are for the same thing.

he wins the ball in his own box which was great play by him anticipation and timing had to be and was spot on, dav picks up the loose ball but then bellusci goes taring off down the pitch wanting to be involved in a counter whilist we still have the ball in our last 3rd lucky cook evades a couple of challenges had cook lost the ball when he was surrounded by 3 men then we would have been in trouble if you check the video out its around the 1.15 min mark.

he does the same again on the 2 min mark where he wins the ball and then goes running off up the pitch. personally for me thats not a center backs job nor should it be encouraged

but to finish on a positive note i do rate him and i do feel our defense is better when he is involved without a doubt.
Agree with you on his forays forward, that's the footballer in him i suspect

Bellusci has been pretty consistent playing under Evans. We certainly missed him down at Brighton last week as our back four hardly put a tackle in during the first half. Also missed his leadership as he is an organiser, captain material imo !
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I will keep saying this,

I would rather have a player that steps up and attempts to deal with things than one who is happy to allow others to do so.

Bellusci is a player who takes charge, it is why he gets cards too.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mav wrote:I will keep saying this,

I would rather have a player that steps up and attempts to deal with things than one who is happy to allow others to do so.

Bang on Mav

Easy to pick up cards in modern day football, tackles have to be precise or else the men in black are throwing out cards like confetti for minimal contact these days :(
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

mav wrote:I will keep saying this,

if this was in relation to my post i have no problem with him defending and stepping up or even out of the line to defend, my only concern of a central defender that charges off passed the midfield in one case at the weekend beyond the the striker.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
Gregsta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gregsta »

I think we're getting carried away here about Bellusci. Maybe cos he hasn't done much wrong recently...

I think this is a case of having short memories as us leeds fans often do. I remember when Byram was getting hammered earlier this season. All his past form was forgotten and people were slating him. Then a couple of goals and his West Ham move, he was golden boy again.

Don't get me wrong I do think Bellusci is a decent player. I'd say he's an average Championship standard defender. But long term over the course of a season, no way is he anything special. Too many mistakes in him. Too many hot headed moments in him. Not that Cooper or Bamba are any better. They're average too in my eyes.

Look at all The Championship clubs out there and their centre backs. Bellusci would be nowhere near the top of a list of best CB's in the The Championship. Probably mid range. Like I say 'average'.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Gregsta wrote:I think we're getting carried away here about Bellusci. Maybe cos he hasn't done much wrong recently...

I think this is a case of having short memories as us leeds fans often do. I remember when Byram was getting hammered earlier this season. All his past form was forgotten and people were slating him. Then a couple of goals and his West Ham move, he was golden boy again.

Don't get me wrong I do think Bellusci is a decent player. I'd say he's an average Championship standard defender. But long term over the course of a season, no way is he anything special. Too many mistakes in him. Too many hot headed moments in him. Not that Cooper or Bamba are any better. They're average too in my eyes.

Look at all The Championship clubs out there and their centre backs. Bellusci would be nowhere near the top of a list of best CB's in the The Championship. Probably mid range. Like I say 'average'.
Bellusci has been exceptional over the last 5-6 games, however, over the season I 100% agree he has been average. He is still our best centre back and has improved on last season. I think he may have the potential to become a top class championship defender, however, he needs to improve his consistency. I think we need to sign a centre back in the summer (who has good leadership skills) to play alongside Bellusci and then we have a very good back 4
Gregsta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gregsta »

Gary Shaw wrote: Bellusci has been exceptional over the last 5-6 games, however, over the season I 100% agree he has been average. He is still our best centre back and has improved on last season. I think he may have the potential to become a top class championship defender, however, he needs to improve his consistency. I think we need to sign a centre back in the summer (who has good leadership skills) to play alongside Bellusci and then we have a very good back 4
Agree mate on signing a centre back with leadership skills :tup: Could definitely help with the potential of Bellusci improving too... Think Bamba was meant to be that guy but it hasn't worked out. He's gone (as he's pretty much done at every club he's played for) off the boil.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Gregsta wrote:I think we're getting carried away here about Bellusci. Maybe cos he hasn't done much wrong recently...

I think this is a case of having short memories as us leeds fans often do.

I think he is an average to good Championship defender, but I also think if he had a decent partner with him (along with Beradi and Taylor) he would get less cards.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

The question I am asking, is why is his agent posting a montage of the good bits online ?

I can only hope.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!