Edoardo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Edoardo

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Although I normally avoid the red tops, I read a very enlightening set of articles in the mirror last week. It was called the misery rankings and it ranked the clubs that had been in the premier league since its inception in terms of how much BS their fans had put up with over the years.
We finished 4th.
Only below Wimbledon (who ceased to exist)
Coventry who got evicted from their own ground and Portsmouth (enough said).
Are we all finally at the end of our tether. Every season seems to be the same. A glimmer of hope where we go on a run only to slump into mid table obscurity.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Crude wrote:I think we will get promoted with Cellino. Has the money for very reasonable investment in players. Just needs to fine-tune which players and more importantly get the right coach/manager in and stick with that person. As he has found out, Italian football is a world different to English football, in terms of what is required for promotion, squad, and personnel investments. Glass half-full with Cellino atm.
Really?? Well, he'll have to take a very different approach to the one he has taken in the past two years, which has seen us improve as a team precisely 0%. He'll have to find a good coach that he trusts implicitly and will stick with for more than a few months (even if we lose a few games). He'll also have to find a decent one who is actually prepared work for him. He'll then have to let that coach get on with coaching the team and making his own decisions on selection. He'll also have to allow the coach to name the players that HE wants to come to the club and make the funds available to get those players in. He'll have to resist the urge to pull the rug from under that coach when things are going OK.........a common feature with Cellino at the moment, it would seem. It would be a bonus if he actually came good on some of the promises he has made since he arrived at the club (perhaps buying back the ground or finding someone who will get us playing "beautiful football"). It would also be nice if he reined in his enormous ego and stopped himself and his family embarrassing the club and dragging it through the gutter on a regular basis.

If you can see all that happening then I truly salute your optimism. Me? I sense a more familiar approach next season. Further dithering in the transfer market, interference on a daily basis, embarrassment, negative headlines, protests and more utter madness.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We are better since GFH were in control. That was rock bottom.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

faaip wrote:We are better since GFH were in control. That was rock bottom.
I know we have different views on Cellino but I would certainly agree that GFH are STILL a huge millstone around the neck of this club at the moment. They appear to be clinging on and leeching every last drop of blood that they can from LUFC. They did a number on Cellino when he bought in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That I agree with but if we went back to that moment I 'd still want MC to take over. I'm not sure why we don't vent our frustration out on them...Not seeing any TTGGFH banners or light shows.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Durly wrote: If you can see all that happening then I truly salute your optimism. Me? I sense a more familiar approach next season. Further dithering in the transfer market, interference on a daily basis, embarrassment, negative headlines, protests and more utter madness.
That was more of a Bates era statement. But as I said, glass half-full with Cellino at the moment.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Crude wrote:That was more of a Bates era statement. But as I said, glass half-full with Cellino at the moment.
Agreed but equally applicable to Cellino.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Durly wrote:
Agreed but equally applicable to Cellino.
If massimo was professional, he'd of taken him off the board straight away, but no... It's money for the boys!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fairly sure Massimo isn't making money at ER, who should have been removed from the board Wolfie?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Pretty sure Wolfie means that clown Edoardo, whose role within the club is a complete mystery to me. What exactly does he, or is he supposed to do?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

faaip wrote:Fairly sure Massimo isn't making money at ER, who should have been removed from the board Wolfie?
Ye meant Eduardo, on half a mill for nothing, then PR like this..
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

lufc1304 wrote:Pretty sure Wolfie means that clown Edoardo, whose role within the club is a complete mystery to me. What exactly does he, or is he supposed to do?
Go into Burger King pissed!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Ye meant Eduardo, on half a mill for nothing, then PR like this..

of course, I don't like nepotism either very much. Probably wouldn't have been on the board though if the FL hadn't stuck their nose in where it's not needed.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Nice of him to put this up for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk