Leeds v Birmingham - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Birmingham - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Brader »

Total waste of 33 quid. That was a total embarrassment and waste of my time. Personally, monk can say what he likes about Murphy, Dave and duke. But I saw zero out of Phillips, mowatt, and hernandez today. All looked like league 1 players
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

How far away everyone are we off the mark?, I believe we already see a young manager go all out with a very young team and already sees how little experience there are at Leeds United . Monk is sticking with a system that he thinks can be good , though the downside is that without the ball we are fragile and easily panicked when teams break reasonably fast or... that /and our defending is totally inadequate , the latter more like I reckon.How many players are we wanting ?2/3 or what .. I want Monk to taste success we all do and so give him a decent chance Cellino . and supporters.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Wonder how Steve Evans must be thinking today ??
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Personally, a CM (bridcutt will do) who has some bite, a starting CB to partner Bartley who is worthy of a place above cooper, and maybe a striker who's a little more of an all rounder to take a start away from wood.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Echo all of the views posted. Encouraging in the first half and absolutely inept second half ! Too easily muscled off the ball.Still could have had a point if Roofe had buried that sitter late on. Garry will earn his money if he manages to turn things round for Tuesday.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

So Monk says we are SOFT. This is an understatement we were powder puffs
cotton wool, candy floss, fluffy nebulous clouds, eiderdown pillows. We had all
the speed of a duvet, the softness of a swissroll, meringue like muscles... and tactical
brains like soft sponges, jellyfish legs. The soft green pitch was as hard as concrete
compared to the wibbly wobbly spines of the team... Kim Kardashian's buttocks
Pamela Anderson's boobs... that is how soft we were... as soft as Chris Wood's head
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

Second half so lacklustre. Came after a really promising opening 45 when really we could have been two up. Worrying to see the complete loss of zip, thinking and composure. With two tough away games looming after Tuesday that Fulham game assumes quite weighty significance.
Kempy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Kempy »

We were poor
Mowatt was knackered after 65 mins . Lovely left foot and technically good , but Mowatt simply can't play at this level or pace .
He can't get near the opponents when we don't have the ball

Mowatt , bamba and wood all need replacing
Definitely centre back and striker required
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

The watch stops and starts,
The seasons roll by and bloody heads roll.
Heads of men who came on a wind of change, drunk on promise.

The optomistic crowd looked forward, towards a new dawn.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

rab_rant wrote:So Monk says we are SOFT. This is an understatement we were powder puffs
cotton wool, candy floss, fluffy nebulous clouds, eiderdown pillows. We had all
the speed of a duvet, the softness of a swissroll, meringue like muscles... and tactical
brains like soft sponges, jellyfish legs. The soft green pitch was as hard as concrete
compared to the wibbly wobbly spines of the team... Kim Kardashian's buttocks
Pamela Anderson's boobs... that is how soft we were... as soft as Chris Wood's head
I read all that in my head with Rhod Gilbert's voice.

Strangely satisfying.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kempy wrote:We were poor
Mowatt was knackered after 65 mins . Lovely left foot and technically good , but Mowatt simply can't play at this level or pace .
He can't get near the opponents when we don't have the ball

Mowatt , bamba and wood all need replacing
Definitely centre back and striker required
Couldn't agree more :tup:

Welcome back to MOT Kempy
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Missing Bellusci now. The Bambi on Ice Show, Season 2, needs to be cancelled right fast.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

drsdadsotherson wrote:I read all that in my head with Rhod Gilbert's voice.

Strangely satisfying.
I forgot to mention soggy toast soldiers stuck in a soft boiled egg... messy stuff.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

At the Fleetwood game the contrast between the two dug-outs was startling
Uwe was all animated and his antics would have put Steve Evans to shame.
Whereas Mr Monk sat there glassy eyed with a dazed look on his face.
During his "soft" interview he had the same glazed look in his eyes, like a dead
monkfish laid out on a marble slab at the fishmongers.

I have never seen such a passionate-less man talk about instilling passion in the team.
Two games in and that look of desperation has crept into his eyes. It is a well known
phenomenon since we have seen it with 6 previous managers. It is not fear of the camera
It is fear of the hangman or the executioners block.

I wonder how long it will take before the bookies will be laying odds on how long Monk will
last in the job. He has not exactly bathed himself in glory at the start to his Leeds career.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Bamba is playing for lack of competition. We should recall Bellusci if it doesn't look like Cooper will be fit for a while. Or move Ayling inside and persist with Coyle at RB..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

3 games in and fans already turning on Monk. No doubt will then turn on MC if he sacks him.
We need to get a grip. We have played some good stuff and some dire stuff and the biggest problem is one we all knew would be a problem and that is defensively. Hopefully they will get the Bridcutt deal done this week and the 2 defeats will hopefully have convinced Monk that the central defenders are not good enough - they have the attributes but are lacking.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

For god sake what's up with everyone!

Let's give Monk a chance and lets see if he can instill some toughness to the team and the only way he is going to do that is if the players think Monk is here for the long haul because chopping and changing coaches puts all the power at the players feet.
Lets give him at least 6 months and see how we are doing then. Even if we are only mid table but we can see something working that in my eye's is an improvement and so what if we don't go up this season lets get the team sorted and push on for next season, I mean how many of us actually think we will go up this season. I just hope Cellino gives him a chance too.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:3 games in and fans already turning on Monk. No doubt will then turn on MC if he sacks him.
We need to get a grip. We have played some good stuff and some dire stuff and the biggest problem is one we all knew would be a problem and that is defensively. Hopefully they will get the Bridcutt deal done this week and the 2 defeats will hopefully have convinced Monk that the central defenders are not good enough - they have the attributes but are lacking.
Not turning on Monk whatsover

As Brader posted "a complete waste of £33 quid". I've spent £10,000's watching sh*te football over the years, our loyal support deserves much better. The problems were there for all to see at the end of last season but we still persist with average seasoned campaigners who should have been shown the door in the summer. We should have had a settled squad by the time we faced QPR, three games in our spine/squad is nowhere near ready if we are to make a serious challenge for the play-offs
A dodgy keeper, a useless CB, no decent defensive midfielder & one pedestrian centre-forward doesn't bode well for our future.
Put your hands in your pocket Weasel & go watch Leeds, you'll soon change your mind when your bank account is running low after your club has fleeced you. I feel for our fans, how some of them cope financially god only knows as we make average sportsmen more affluent & we become poorer !
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Monk won't be given time. .....there's a similar pattern emerging here !!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

ldsutd wrote:For god sake what's up with everyone!

Let's give Monk a chance and lets see if he can instill some toughness to the team and the only way he is going to do that is if the players think Monk is here for the long haul because chopping and changing coaches puts all the power at the players feet.
Lets give him at least 6 months and see how we are doing then. Even if we are only mid table but we can see something working that in my eye's is an improvement and so what if we don't go up this season lets get the team sorted and push on for next season, I mean how many of us actually think we will go up this season. I just hope Cellino gives him a chance too.
Agree with all that :tup: your final sentence is key