What's going on ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

What's going on ?

Post by 1964white » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Two posts in the last seven hours :shock:

I know we've been here previously however there is more life in a mortuary than on MOT of late

We have handful of regular members with very few making a significant contribution then we have those who disappear as quickly as they appear, then we have newbies who mass up posts then all of a sudden they are gone too.

We have wide variety of topics on MOT with Leeds United/Music/Horse Racing/Competitions being the most popular threads. Leeds United's season has just begun so this site should be buzzing,

Unfortunately we've lost members to other forums + Facebook/Twitter, god knows why but i suppose that is their perogative.
I really enjoy this forum because of the people on here past & present. I despair when I log-on in my breaks/leisure time only to find i can read MOT quicker than i could read The Sun/Daily Mirror :( at times I get the impression many of our members can't be bothered anymore. Looking at the front page I've started 33 of the topics, surely that can't be right,
Come on folks more effort is required from others rather than rely on myself....Up to you all including those who lurk & read. Make it happen or just let the forum die, your choice !

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What's going on ?

Post by weasel » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Slow news day - no real sign of new signings, no real sign of anyone leaving, Massimo not being ranted about, Monk not under pressure, the defence not shipping goals, the strikers scoring goals and no saucy photos of ex players....
Senor El Weasel

Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:10 pm

I'm shy :oops:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:50 pm

weasel wrote:Slow news day - no real sign of new signings, no real sign of anyone leaving, Massimo not being ranted about, Monk not under pressure, the defence not shipping goals, the strikers scoring goals and no saucy photos of ex players....
Good points to a degree Weasel

Are you saying we wallow in misery in the main ?

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Ronan wrote:I'm shy :oops:
Don't give me that blarney Ronan :wink:

YorkshireSquare
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:32 pm

1964white wrote:Are you saying we wallow in misery in the main ?
It's what we're used to isn't it?
Help the site by making your Amazon purchases through our afiliate link.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:57 pm

1964white wrote:Good points to a degree Weasel

Are you saying we wallow in misery in the main ?
Definitely. When things are going wrong everybody has their thoughts, want to blame people, ways to put it right etc. As it was we are in a nice lull having gained a couple of wins and not sold Taylor (yet). When we get beat by Forest everyone will be on to blame Cellino/Monk/the players/the ref/bad luck/sky tv/stayaway fans/the fans that attended/GFH/Bates/Ridsdale/Don Goodman/Taylor's agent/the guy in the USA who didn't wear his lucky odd socks etc

Similarly we aren't yet at the stage of getting carried away by a couple of wins and talking about promotion etc
Senor El Weasel

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:36 am

So MOT depends on the fortunes of Leeds United or lack of with regard to how busy MOT is :shock:

Isn't there other things of interest outside the world of Leeds United going on ?

Are our members interested in other matters/sports/etc ? Perhaps not I've tried starting threads on premiership football/cricket/rugby/snooker/tennis/formula 1/bowls attracting little interest. Someone started a topic on the Olympics which was a wonderful event, sadly little traffic on that thread too !
Even on the popular Horse Racing topic our members post up their tips & that's it, there is rarely any discussion on the magnificent sport of kings :(

I suspect if i venture onto other social media sites such as Facebook/Twitter our members are discussing other topics away from the Leeds United bubble so why not on here ?

Time for people to wake up to the fact that we have fantastic forum here if only everyone makes an effort for the site to work

eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:44 am

Can see what you are saying but in my thoughts i have no interest in music or horse racing plus opinion pools just do not do it for me.I know this is only my view and others differ i read most of the football related topics but as for the rest the pass by.People will chose what they post on the season has only just started and as for Leeds it may take a couple more weeks for people to post up their feelings but after saturday you have a 2 week break so i would not expect miracles.This is my view but i know people will have theirs.As for facebook and twitter it covers a far greater range and people can converse with friends etc dont think people will ever drop those.I for one read Waccoe to some extent and not606 as well both are more football orientainted.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:56 am

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Can see what you are saying but in my thoughts i have no interest in music or horse racing plus opinion pools just do not do it for me.I know this is only my view and others differ i read most of the football related topics but as for the rest the pass by.People will chose what they post on the season has only just started and as for Leeds it may take a couple more weeks for people to post up their feelings but after saturday you have a 2 week break so i would not expect miracles.This is my view but i know people will have theirs.As for facebook and twitter it covers a far greater range and people can converse with friends etc dont think people will ever drop those.I for one read Waccoe to some extent and not606 as well both are more football orientainted.
I know you have no interest in music/horse racing/etc & i do see where you are coming from EY

You do post up your thoughts on LUFC & enjoy a bit of banter with me generally :tup:

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:03 am

That's more like it from our leader Shieldsy, three quick posts :tup:

Our other mods need to come out of the woodwork too :-D

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:27 am

I don't know what to say to you Leon. I agree there are very few posts made these days on very few topics.

I entered a post on the music thread a few years ago and my choices were underwhelmingly received, so that ended my foray onto that slightly-elitist thread. That's maybe only my view but I think it's valid based on my experience.

I view Horse Racing a bit like Basketball. I'm not trashing either one but they're not for me.

The Olympics - I did try a little but there was obviously insufficient interest.

I enjoyed and even started a couple of Premier-League posts last season and I do prefer football-related topics in general.

On the down side there's no Twiggs, Armley, Gino, Martyn, Hibbie, Hector and many others appear to have just dropped out for their own reasons.

I do like the current regular contributors and the four or five previous regulars who still contribute occasionally.

I don't go on Waccoe or any other fan site, I don't use Twitter at all and Facebook very little, so I don't have other outlets for football matters but, although I like this place, I find it uninspiring on occasion because of the aforementioned general lack of interest.

I think the site has self-sanitised in some way - there's often little spark and little contention or controversy.
Maybe if we get the solid season we hope for that may spark more interest. Maybe a changed pie-tax - who knows!

I wish us all the best.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:45 am

Predominantly the site is Leeds Utd based as such the common interest is Leeds United rather than the other issues so the amount of posts will always increase significantly when something major involving LU is happening. Admittedly I too have been a bit surprised at the fairly low level of interest some of our signings have gotten - perhaps we are just too used to getting a mass of new signings every season.
My views on the sport of kings differ greatly to yours I feel. Apart from the big meetings it is so corrupt and every day I see several races where jockeys are deliberately making sure they won't win and if you follow the patterns on betfair you know before the race that they won't be trying. The BHA are an absolute joke.
Senor El Weasel

Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:58 am

Quite honestly a lot of my issue is to do with timezone. I comment on something and then by the time I can get back on 24 hours later, say after work, the conversation has progressed to a completely different topic and it makes it difficult to converse.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:25 am

Norm wrote:I don't know what to say to you Leon. I agree there are very few posts made these days on very few topics.

I entered a post on the music thread a few years ago and my choices were underwhelmingly received, so that ended my foray onto that slightly-elitist thread. That's maybe only my view but I think it's valid based on my experience.

I view Horse Racing a bit like Basketball. I'm not trashing either one but they're not for me.

The Olympics - I did try a little but there was obviously insufficient interest.

I enjoyed and even started a couple of Premier-League posts last season and I do prefer football-related topics in general.

On the down side there's no Twiggs, Armley, Gino, Martyn, Hibbie, Hector and many others appear to have just dropped out for their own reasons.

I do like the current regular contributors and the four or five previous regulars who still contribute occasionally.

I don't go on Waccoe or any other fan site, I don't use Twitter at all and Facebook very little, so I don't have other outlets for football matters but, although I like this place, I find it uninspiring on occasion because of the aforementioned general lack of interest.

I think the site has self-sanitised in some way - there's often little spark and little contention or controversy.
Maybe if we get the solid season we hope for that may spark more interest. Maybe a changed pie-tax - who knows!

I wish us all the best.
Fantastic post Norm :tup:

I agree your points & issues you've made Norm. Really sorry to hear they way you were treated shabberly on the music thread, everybody has different music tastes & their opinions on that subject should be respected. My tastes probably vary more than anyone on here so I'm vulnerable to disapproval which i have to say has not occurred thankfully

As far as opinions/posts relating to Leeds United/football i know of four sites who have much more traffic on this topic than MOT could only dream of right now which saddens me somewhat !

Keep posting Norm :tup: you are one of our night-birds on here which is good reading at breakfast time whilst eating my porridge/toast & a cuppa tea of course :-D

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:35 am

weasel wrote:Predominantly the site is Leeds Utd based as such the common interest is Leeds United rather than the other issues so the amount of posts will always increase significantly when something major involving LU is happening. Admittedly I too have been a bit surprised at the fairly low level of interest some of our signings have gotten - perhaps we are just too used to getting a mass of new signings every season.
My views on the sport of kings differ greatly to yours I feel. Apart from the big meetings it is so corrupt and every day I see several races where jockeys are deliberately making sure they won't win and if you follow the patterns on betfair you know before the race that they won't be trying. The BHA are an absolute joke.
Not sure we disagree mate, owners/trainers/jockeys use certain races to get their horses ready to win the big prizes. That's why i struggle to find winners in our Nap of the Day competition, many of the winners at micky-mouse meetings are difficult to find

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:36 am

Kyle_5351 wrote:Quite honestly a lot of my issue is to do with timezone. I comment on something and then by the time I can get back on 24 hours later, say after work, the conversation has progressed to a completely different topic and it makes it difficult to converse.
Your views are always welcomed Kyle :tup:

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 am

Like Norm, difficult to know what to say, I do think the summer is always quieter, even when the more prominent members mentioned by Norm were posting, I know I post less this time of year as I spend all my free time with the kids and pop in here to do the comps mainly and have a brief look at any news that may have happened. I feel we could do with at least another dozen or so new posters to liven things up, as with The Music Discussion thread, that as been stale for a long time, most who post on their know each others tastes and opinions already without going over old ground time and again, and Norm is correct, not much gets replied to on there, so perhaps it does deter any new members to it. I know we have a few members who play the footie comps but don't post on General Chat, it would be nice to hear from them why that is. Since waccoe did its makeover and upgrade they now have a truer picture of how busy the site is, at the bottom of the pages it always showed there was around a 1000+members on line at any one time, now because of the upgrade it shows a truer figure and it can be as little as 20, I occasionally read on there and think that too is less busy than it was. Because of our relative low number of regular posters I think when a few stop posting it is very noticable.

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:03 am

Kyle_5351 wrote:
Quite honestly a lot of my issue is to do with timezone. I comment on something and then by the time I can get back on 24 hours later, say after work, the conversation has progressed to a completely different topic and it makes it difficult to converse.
That's understandable Kyle - it's still good to hear from you though. You're one of the irregular regulars I mentioned and we now know the reason why. :)

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:22 am

gessa wrote:Like Norm, difficult to know what to say, I do think the summer is always quieter, even when the more prominent members mentioned by Norm were posting, I know I post less this time of year as I spend all my free time with the kids and pop in here to do the comps mainly and have a brief look at any news that may have happened. I feel we could do with at least another dozen or so new posters to liven things up, as with The Music Discussion thread, that as been stale for a long time, most who post on their know each others tastes and opinions already without going over old ground time and again, and Norm is correct, not much gets replied to on there, so perhaps it does deter any new members to it. I know we have a few members who play the footie comps but don't post on General Chat, it would be nice to hear from them why that is. Since waccoe did its makeover and upgrade they now have a truer picture of how busy the site is, at the bottom of the pages it always showed there was around a 1000+members on line at any one time, now because of the upgrade it shows a truer figure and it can be as little as 20, I occasionally read on there and think that too is less busy than it was. Because of our relative low number of regular posters I think when a few stop posting it is very noticable.
Yes a dozen more regular posters would help this forum immensely mate :tup: god knows how we attract them to MOT. Newbies disappear as quick as they appear on here it seems

Other forums subject matters such as cricket/American football/depression are much more popular than our Leeds topics which is not good
One site i visit hold Man Of The Match competitions, they regularly have 50 to 60 votes for their MOTM, they even mustered 37 for Luton. We have nothing like those figures :( just shows how few regulars we have tbh

Advertisment