What's going on ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: What's going on ?

Post by hector »

Are you sure about that Leon... :wink:

:-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Are you sure about that Leon... :wink:

:-D
Wow Hector's back, that was long power-cut mate

I've been worried about you !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm loving the buzz on this forum over the last few days

Some of you guys deserve a gold star :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Welcome back Hector
hector

Post by hector »

:wink: Thank you Norm, and Leon... safe and sound ish.....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote::wink: Thank you Norm, and Leon... safe and sound ish.....
So glad you are back, sadly missed imo
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

The Aussie contingent seems to be lacking a bit. Not sure where Leedsmad has ran off to these days.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kyle_5351 wrote:The Aussie contingent seems to be lacking a bit. Not sure where Leedsmad has ran off to these days.
Leedsmad posted a couple of times during July & played in the footy competitions on the Predictions Forum in the first week of the new season
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

For me personally its just I don't like football at the moment. I used to watch everything from the PL, saw games from spain, Germany and Italy as well. Now I'll maybe just maybe bother watching the biggest games from the PL and that's it. Leeds is partly to blame for this, as im just tired of the club. (Do see some positive signs now though) but yeah I don't completely know why my footy interest is just gone, or when I'm getting it back. it just is what it is unfortunately
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

MeeTa wrote:
For me personally its just I don't like football at the moment. I used to watch everything from the PL, saw games from spain, Germany and Italy as well. Now I'll maybe just maybe bother watching the biggest games from the PL and that's it. Leeds is partly to blame for this, as im just tired of the club. (Do see some positive signs now though) but yeah I don't completely know why my footy interest is just gone, or when I'm getting it back. it just is what it is unfortunately
I understand some of that MeeTa. I've been a bit buoyed up since Monk's appointment but last Saturdays result has put me on the back burner again.

I watched the Euros and was thoroughly burned out by the cynical, negative crap I saw - about 5 decent games in the whole bloody shebang. Then, Portugal winning the thing made me want to hurl.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Norm wrote:I understand some of that MeeTa. I've been a bit buoyed up since Monk's appointment but last Saturdays result has put me on the back burner again.

I watched the Euros and was thoroughly burned out by the cynical, negative crap I saw - about 5 decent games in the whole bloody shebang. Then, Portugal winning the thing made me want to hurl.

The euros didn't help my football frustration either, absolute shockingly crap tournament. I dont know where to find enjoyment in watching footy these days, hopefully from Leeds at some point but doubt it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haven't seen our Swan of late, maybe she is on her holidays in a different pond somewhere :wink:

Wolfie hasn't been on here for months too :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MeeTa wrote:The euros didn't help my football frustration either, absolute shockingly crap tournament. I dont know where to find enjoyment in watching footy these days, hopefully from Leeds at some point but doubt it.
I agree MeeTa footy is poor these days, the Euro's were abysmal :tup:

There is more to life than just football though
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Was away in Norn Iron, so currently in a post holibobs malaise.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I've been away on holiday :-D Got back in the early hours and only just found time a few moments ago to log on and see what's been happening :| :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:I've been away on holiday :-D Got back in the early hours and only just found time a few moments ago to log on and see what's been happening :| :bear:
Did you have a nice holiday young lady. I take you are golden brown....

Plenty going on here :-D
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

becchio bear wrote:I've been away on holiday :-D Got back in the early hours and only just found time a few moments ago to log on and see what's been happening :| :bear:
Hi, it's nice to meet you.

:mrgreen:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

MeeTa wrote:The euros didn't help my football frustration either, absolute shockingly crap tournament. I dont know where to find enjoyment in watching footy these days, hopefully from Leeds at some point but doubt it.

I have access to watch every premier league game.
Last year, watching Leicester was loads of fun.
From what I've seen this year, Man U. Man C. and Chelsea look really good AND entertaining.
(I guess having the odd 100 million pounds helps a bit).

Where is that billionaire Leeds fan when you need him?
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Just to prove there is life in the old dog yet...

I still pop in on a regular basis, but find little time to actively engage. And, to be fair, with all the back biting and wheeling and dealing, I've grown a little tired with the goings on at ER - until Massimo departs, there is no chance of change. The manager (insert any name here) is only ever one game away from sacking, the investment is non existant, we sit at the bottom of two tables, one the league, and one the total net expenditure for teams in the championship - go figure the link.

Life has got extremely busy, I now have two daughters studying in London, basically this means that I am now holding down four jobs and teaching some evenings to cover the cost. I have a pile of unlistened to CDs that I need to find the time to get round to and I have recently set up my own company (pleased as punch to get the company name acronym PMSL registered with companies house!) as the furute looks increasingly uncertain.

Glad to see the forum is still going, I'll continue to poke my nose around the door, but life does, sometimes, get in the way of things...
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

barryanorak wrote:
Just to prove there is life in the old dog yet...

I still pop in on a regular basis, but find little time to actively engage. And, to be fair, with all the back biting and wheeling and dealing, I've grown a little tired with the goings on at ER - until Massimo departs, there is no chance of change. The manager (insert any name here) is only ever one game away from sacking, the investment is non existant, we sit at the bottom of two tables, one the league, and one the total net expenditure for teams in the championship - go figure the link.

Life has got extremely busy, I now have two daughters studying in London, basically this means that I am now holding down four jobs and teaching some evenings to cover the cost. I have a pile of unlistened to CDs that I need to find the time to get round to and I have recently set up my own company (pleased as punch to get the company name acronym PMSL registered with companies house!) as the furute looks increasingly uncertain.

Glad to see the forum is still going, I'll continue to poke my nose around the door, but life does, sometimes, get in the way of things...
Life intervenes Barry - I find myself getting more cynical every week.
At my grandson's wedding yesterday, one of my son's oldest friends (born in Ilford and a lifelong West Ham supporter) were talking footie in general and he's fed up with how the powers-that-be will not allow video evidence in what is now, in the EPL at least, a multi-million pound game, far removed from the simplicity of footie as it used to be.
I can still see the EPL becoming a franchise, with no possible promotion for the likes of us, and if some enterprising cove doesn't take us over and back up to the EPL sharpish, we'll have lost our chance altogether. Maybe that won't happen, but the EPL holds all the power these days.