Bamba gone!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Bamba gone!

Post by Genghers »

Sol Bamba has left the club by mutual consent for 'personal reasons'.

Could really have done with a CB in the window after all

I know he wasn't really rated by many on here, but he seemed a really genuine guy and was clearly a good personality to have in the squad.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... g8lzu5wjsd
Last edited by Genghers on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Bamba gone!

Post by 1964white »

Not surprised one bit

Leeds tried to ship him out + other players, sadly no takers, just goes to show how poor some of our squad is when you see so many average players from other clubs on the move yesterday's transfer window yesterday

Nice fella, poor defender !

We have Cooper as back up :roll:
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

ayling can play CB too

Wonder if this frees up wages for a free agent
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

players come and players go...I expect there's a youth player that can step up if required
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Bartley, Jannson, Cooper, Ayling, Berardi (at a push), all can play CB, don't think it leaves us that light.

Perhaps the personal reasons were why his form tailed off so badly? Whatever the reason, good luck to the guy
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Some may slag off Bamba, but I always thought he gave it 100% every time I saw him, so I wish him well.

Now wondering if he was made Cap to try to appease him in some way?
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
MonkIn
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MonkIn »

Kind of sad to see Bamba go. Good personality to have around the squad, not afraid to speak up about the issues of the club, and I'll always remember that period under Redfearn where Bamba, Byram, Cook, Mowatt, Murphy, Taylor even Silvestri for a short period of time were all in great form and I felt we were building something here, god how everything turns to s**t so quickly at this club. Bamba however has been a liability in defence since he signed a permanent deal, also something which seems to happen too often with our players, but despite any sentiments he's not up to it as a footballer anymore so needed to be moved on.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Was great when he first came in but perhaps that was just cos he was better than the woeful defenders we had at the time. Sadly as time went on he got worse and worse and became a liability.
Leedslad
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Leedslad »

Bamba and Bartley should have dominated in our defense, 2 big powerhouses like that. It's a shame really. All the best to the lad it just wasn't meant to be.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leedslad wrote:Bamba and Bartley should have dominated in our defense, 2 big powerhouses like that. It's a shame really. All the best to the lad it just wasn't meant to be.
Once Cooper is relegated to the bench, Pontus & Bartley will dominate our defence mate.

I feeling good vibes about this combination :-D
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Once Cooper is relegated to the bench, Pontus & Bartley will dominate our defence mate.

I feeling good vibes about this combination :-D
Agree mate, looks like a very good combination and both can pass the ball and allow us to pass the ball out of the back and allow Leeds to start to look more and more like Garry Monk's Swansea. Delighted we have signed Pontus :-D.
Berardi, Bartley, Jansson and Taylor is probably on paper the best back 4 we have had since we were relegated from the premier league.
With Bridcutt in front of them we should start to concede less goals.
I don't think we are going to score enough goals, we should have tried to sign Chris Martin on loan rather than Eunan O'Kane.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Was never sure he was the answer to our problems for his size he should have dominated more than he did.On the plus side he seemed as if he was mot afraid to speak his mind which could have led to his downfall because lets face it most of us realise Cellino has a say in team selection.