Free Agent

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Free Agent

Post by Ratscoot »

Dexter Blackstock as just left Forest as a free agent worth a punt as a back up striker?
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Free Agent

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote:Dexter Blackstock as just left Forest as a free agent worth a punt as a back up striker?
Another ageing striker who is no better than we already have in the squad & that includes Doukara. I reckon we'd be lucky to get three goals out of him between now & the end of the season even if he played in every game, not worth the wages imo !
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Id rather us take a punt on a 38 year old miraslav Klose or Nicolas Bendtner who are also free.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I suppose with Bendtner we'd be told every week we have the best striker in the world :roflmao:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

I'd rather take a punt on lower league strikers and see how we go. Wages would be nothing, so if it doesn't work out, wouldn't really matter. On the other hand, we could just stumble upon someone like Beckford.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not for me, Forest aren't blessed with quality , they are letting him go for a reason.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Happy to see how our strikers do. Wood and Antonnsen both look capable of getting double figures and I wouldn't be surprised if Roofe also got double figures (even if played pre-dominantly as a wide player) as I think once he gets his first he will have a bit of a purple patch. If we get injuries then I'd expect us to adopt a more of a 451 formation with Hernandez or Mowatt in the no.10 role behind whichever striker was fit.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Happy to see how our strikers do. Wood and Antonnsen both look capable of getting double figures and I wouldn't be surprised if Roofe also got double figures (even if played pre-dominantly as a wide player) as I think once he gets his first he will have a bit of a purple patch. If we get injuries then I'd expect us to adopt a more of a 451 formation with Hernandez or Mowatt in the no.10 role behind whichever striker was fit.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Anichebe is on a free. Would be a different option up front - big powerful guy with a bit of pace.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

He went to Sunderland mate
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Linked with free agent Kieron Richardson