today I have been mostly listening to..............

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: today I have been mostly listening to..............

Post by 1964white »

Bought these three Counting Crows albums from Amazon for 11p :-D thing is i had to pay £3.78 postage, still a bargain for under £4

Recovering The Satellites
This Desert Life
Hard Candy

Playing 'Recovering The Satellites' whilst having my only coffee of the day

hector

Post by hector »

Not usually Leon, however last week I helped the game keeper shift 6000 young pheasants out to the pens in the woods... they all had to be corralled from the breeding huts and runs, and then put into plastic crates 40 to a crate,and then loaded onto a trailer and then taken out to pens about 400 at a time... each crate weighing about 85lb..

I was aching in places I had forgotten I could ache....

No when I get up, I download the weeks viewing in bulk and then watch films and TV series...... and type up my inventory reports for work...
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

This weeks goodies so far 8-)

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Still the Dead South on heavy rotation...surprised no comment from Gessa on this could be right up his alley
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:Still the Dead South on heavy rotation...surprised no comment from Gessa on this could be right up his alley

Sorry Faaip didn't see a post for it before.What is the album called?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good Company and last years Illusion and doubt

great voices especially the lead
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:Good Company and last years Illusion and doubt

great voices especially the lead

Cheers,
I feel a download coming on.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've always liked a bit of Bluegrass influenced music
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I've always liked a bit of Bluegrass influenced music
Listening to 'Illusion & Doubt' now
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:I've always liked a bit of Bluegrass influenced music

Me too, I was at a small festival over the weekend and a young local 3 piece, only been together a few months did a set similar style to this, they were very good, singer had the perfect voice for the style.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

name gessa ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:name gessa ?
Danmark 3, nothing on youtube I've looked.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Still the Dead South on heavy rotation...surprised no comment from Gessa on this could be right up his alley
Enjoyed that Faaip :tup:

I wonder if they were influenced by these dudes from their 1964 cracking album

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Me and Mrs Norfolk just in the process of packing up to head off to Greenman festival which is based in the lovely Usk valley of the Brecon Beacons at Crickhowell for 4 days or so. Not sure whether we have any other festival goers on the forum but this really is one of the friendliest and most laid back out there. Although it has grown over the years it still retains a very family based atmosphere and there is still no problems getting up close to the bands and stages if you want, otherwise just find a comfy spot and listen from a distance. Add in to that the beer festival with over 100 real ales, separate cider and perry bar, some fantastic food (Goan fish curry my particular fave). Lots of other stuff going on outside the main music stages, comedy stage, cinema and all sorts of other weird and wacky stuff. All in all it's a pretty chilled few days. This is now our 5th visit since we first went 7 years ago and 3rd year on the spin so becoming a bit of a fixture in our calendar.

Music wise you will love it if 6 Music is your sort of thing, looking forward to seeing P J Harvey this year, Conor Oberst (Brighteyes) and Michael Kiwanuka....others I'll be looking out for Kate Tempest, Ride and Sleaford Mods (not really sure if I'm decided on them yet!) will also try and take in Julian Cope if he doesn't clash. Always come away with a few interesting bands I've never heard of before as well which is part of the fun.
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Me and Mrs Norfolk just in the process of packing up to head off to Greenman festival which is based in the lovely Usk valley of the Brecon Beacons at Crickhowell for 4 days or so. Not sure whether we have any other festival goers on the forum but this really is one of the friendliest and most laid back out there. Although it has grown over the years it still retains a very family based atmosphere and there is still no problems getting up close to the bands and stages if you want, otherwise just find a comfy spot and listen from a distance. Add in to that the beer festival with over 100 real ales, separate cider and perry bar, some fantastic food (Goan fish curry my particular fave). Lots of other stuff going on outside the main music stages, comedy stage, cinema and all sorts of other weird and wacky stuff. All in all it's a pretty chilled few days. This is now our 5th visit since we first went 7 years ago and 3rd year on the spin so becoming a bit of a fixture in our calendar.

Music wise you will love it if 6 Music is your sort of thing, looking forward to seeing P J Harvey this year, Conor Oberst (Brighteyes) and Michael Kiwanuka....others I'll be looking out for Kate Tempest, Ride and Sleaford Mods (not really sure if I'm decided on them yet!) will also try and take in Julian Cope if he doesn't clash. Always come away with a few interesting bands I've never heard of before as well which is part of the fun.
Was one on the list,used to do the End of the Road until they priced us out of going, talking to folk there they compared it to the Green Man, just back from Lakefest 4 great days, another with a brilliant atmosphere, we've done 3 so far this year with one to go, really enjoyable weekends. Was hoping to do Beautiful Days too but by the time we arranged things it had sold out.I too like to go to the smaller tents to discover something new, the best at Lakefest for md were Moses, playing Reading/Leeds think they will do well. Enjoy your weekend NW.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:Was one on the list,used to do the End of the Road until they priced us out of going, talking to folk there they compared it to the Green Man, just back from Lakefest 4 great days, another with a brilliant atmosphere, we've done 3 so far this year with one to go, really enjoyable weekends. Was hoping to do Beautiful Days too but by the time we arranged things it had sold out.I too like to go to the smaller tents to discover something new, the best at Lakefest for md were Moses, playing Reading/Leeds think they will do well. Enjoy your weekend NW.
4 festivals in a year! Great effort....takes me about a fortnight to get over one :lol: Have heard a few at GM say they also attend EOR and that it;s a similar vibe and set list - shame they bumped up prices, never a cheap weekend though.
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:4 festivals in a year! Great effort....takes me about a fortnight to get over one :lol: Have heard a few at GM say they also attend EOR and that it;s a similar vibe and set list - shame they bumped up prices, never a cheap weekend though.
Pm sent mate.
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Have heard a few at GM say they also attend EOR and that it;s a similar vibe and set list - shame they bumped up prices, never a cheap weekend though.

A report on any of the artists NW?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:A report on any of the artists NW?
Festival feedback tomorrow - but Hurray for the Riff Raff were great, finished with a cover of Bruce Springsteen, Dancing in the Dark :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

:?
NorfolkWhite wrote:Festival feedback tomorrow - but Hurray for the Riff Raff were great, finished with a cover of Bruce Springsteen, Dancing in the Dark :tup:

Glad you enjoyed them mate, never known them do that before.