Championship Talk

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Championship Talk

Post by 1964white »

Reading lead 1-2 :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1-3
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

These other four teams just won't go away will they....
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

You have to hand plaudits to Reading and Stam. They allegedly are useless but, here they are, 1 week after a 1-7 hammering from NCH, turning in a respectable 3-1 away victory for a tally of (4-0-1 10-9 12) as opposed to our (2-1-2 6-4 7)over the last 5 games.

We're better than without yesterdays point, but maybe it's us who come from 'nowhere' this year. :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Fulham 1-0 Villa
Leeds 0-0 Wolves
QPR 0-1 Sheffield Wed.
Reading 0-1 Rotherham

As it stands we're now 6th, 1 point in front of Fulham
After 43 games
4th Reading 76
5th sheff Wed 75
6th Leeds 74
7th Fulham 73
gessa

Post by gessa »

Half time

Fulham 1-0 Villa
Leeds 0-1 Wolves
QPR 1-2 Sheffield Wed.
Reading 0-1 Rotherham

After 43 games
4th Reading 76
5th Sheff Wed 75
6th Fulham 73
7th Leeds 73
gessa

Post by gessa »

10 man Villa equalise at Fulham.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

2-1 Fulham
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote:2-1 Fulham
That didn't last long.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Reading equalise
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not looking like a good day.

Fulham now 3-1 up
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Every result went against us
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

That was a real wanky set of results . Good job Weds & Fulham play each other last game - maybe .This Leeds team is still well short of quality - and guts .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote:That was a real wanky set of results . Good job Weds & Fulham play each other last game - maybe .This Leeds team is still well short of quality - and guts .
Unconvinced it will go to the last game CW, need a big result at Burton to keep us in the mix
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I offer congrats to BHA - after a few Bridesmaid-esque seasons they finally get it right and look like being Champions to boot.
Newcastle - are Newcastle!!

I'm not going to over-think the ramifications for our season because it doesn't matter how we fret, worry and gnash - it's a game of bloody football which, when compared to the importance for my lad of his future prospects in the UK, pales into insignificance.

I'd love us to have been promoted (and it's still possible, although looking more tenuous by the game) but, if it's not to be then que sera sera and on and up next year (if MC doesn't fire GM for not getting into the playoffs).
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Norm wrote:I offer congrats to BHA - after a few Bridesmaid-esque seasons they finally get it right and look like being Champions to boot.
Newcastle - are Newcastle!!

I'm not going to over-think the ramifications for our season because it doesn't matter how we fret, worry and gnash - it's a game of bloody football which, when compared to the importance for my lad of his future prospects in the UK, pales into insignificance.

I'd love us to have been promoted (and it's still possible, although looking more tenuous by the game) but, if it's not to be then que sera sera and on and up next year (if MC doesn't fire GM for not getting into the playoffs).
Ordinarily, this would be a big concern, Norm, but MC is still banned and I believe Radz will stay his hand. Crucial we keep management team and key players; if we add some quality throughout the squad, we can do great things next season. I should add that we aren't out of it this season just yet, but I think we may be running out of steam at exactly the wrong time.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Norwich beat title hopefuls Brighton 2-0 at Carrow Road, the hosts didn't manage a single shot on target with both goals coming courtesy of Brighton keeper Stockdale. Wonder if he had a bet on himself to score !!!!
gessa

Post by gessa »

3-Reading 43 2 79
4-Hudders 42 5 78
5-Sheff Wed 43 14 75
6-Fulham 43 24 73
7- Leeds 43 15 73

Burton Albion v Leeds United
Huddersfield Town Vs Fulham
Nottingham Forest v Reading
Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Today's games that effect the play offs, a win and Reading are there, Hudds are the strange one, a win and they are there too but defeat to Fulham and a win for us, puts them back in the mix after looking certs a few weeks back, with talk of an automatic place, next they have Brum and could get the Redknapp new manager effect. Wednesday won't have an easy time of it against Derby , who are a bogey side for Wednesday, not winning against them for 17 games. All very exciting and nervy, I know many of us are disappointed with results and performances of the last few weeks but at the start of the season, I'd say we'd have all took where we are now, at least we still have something to play for, first time for a long time.

Believe people, we can make it.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gessa wrote:

Believe people, we can make it.
Absolutely Ges
gessa

Post by gessa »