FA Cup 6th Round - Blues v Red Devils Live on BBC1 now

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: FA Cup Saturday/Sunday Matches

Post by Norm »

I missed out on most of the Dennis Wise era, being a bar manager my time was tied up a lot more.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Good news for tomorrow is I get to watch the match on Fox Sports 2 from 1330. Excellent.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:I missed out on most of the Dennis Wise era, being a bar manager my time was tied up a lot more.
You didn't miss a lot Norm, the main man was Gus Poyet. Once he left Wise's management went to pot. Can't recall DW achieving much since !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: FA Cup Saturday

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Are you sure ?

absolutely, he drilled that team like an army unit
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Norm wrote:Good news for tomorrow is I get to watch the match on Fox Sports 2 from 1330. Excellent.
My satellite TV provider does not carry Fox Sports 2 with my particular package; I'd have to pay an additional $25/month to get it.

That's seriously messed up.

On the plus side, that will keep me from having to come up with an excuse to leave work early.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Good to see this topic other than a Leeds related thread has been lively

Well done to those who have contributed :tup:
It's been great fun, to discuss games as they progress, having a chat, differences of opinion. At the end of the day we are football fans, and there's no reason why we can't do this again. I find it so difficult to watch Leeds United on tv, I get so wound up and sometimes turn the game off....but watching other teams within our forum has been fab. Thank you Leon, i have enjoyed the weekend cup games immensely.....now to tomorrow evening, oh dear will I be able to watch, I hope so.....
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

John, I'm sorry but, in America, everything is so screwed up.

Over here, on a cell phone, you actually pay to receive a call, as well as the one making the call already having paid.
There's just so much greed with no apparent oversight.

I pay $118 per month for DirecTV and there are no Movie packages in that. NBC-SN show a lot of EPL football and Fox Sports show things like the FA cup and European games, plus Bundesliga and some Spanish stuff. I probably pay too much but it's nice, so to hell with it, I'll see what I can.

Seeing Leeds play tomorrow is going to be a real turn-up, even if we lose and badly. I'll have seen our team play a full game for the first time since NBC showed Leeds vs Valencia in the semis of the ECL back in 2001, just before everything started to go pear-shaped.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:John, I'm sorry but, in America, everything is so screwed up.

Over here, on a cell phone, you actually pay to receive a call, as well as the one making the call already having paid.

I pay $118 per month for DirecTV and there are no Movie packages in that. NBC-SN show a lot of EPL football and Fox Sports show things like the FA cup and European games, plus Bundesliga and some Spanish stuff. I probably pay too much but it's nice, so to hell with it, I'll see what I can.

Seeing Leeds play tomorrow is going to be a real turn-up, even if we lose and badly. I'll have seen our team play a full game for the first time since NBC showed Leeds vs Valencia in the semis of the ECL back in 2001, just before everything started to go pear-shaped.
Blimey Norm I hadn't realised you'd not seen a full game in all that time :shock:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Norm wrote:John, I'm sorry but, in America, everything is so screwed up.

Kodi is your friend :-D

Install Kodi here https://kodi.tv/download/ - just pick your operating system.

Then add Pulse build here https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-instal ... uild-kodi/

All the sport and movies etc you would ever need..... and for free.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Gandalf wrote:
Kodi is your friend

Install Kodi here https://kodi.tv/download/ - just pick your operating system.

Then add Pulse build here https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-instal ... uild-kodi/

All the sport and movies etc you would ever need..... and for free.
Thanks gandhi - I appreciate the concern and the help.

Unfortunately my ISP (through DSL) only gives me a 0.5Mbps download speed, so any attempt to watch live/streaming feeds is constantly buffering and henceforth crap. If I download a complete match, I can then watch it as any other video, but most service providers don't do/allow that. I dropped LUTV for awhile because they do not allow a download facility.
I'll try what you have suggested though - heck I'll try anything once, but I'm not hopeful.
Thanks again.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Norm wrote:Thanks gandhi - I appreciate the concern and the help.

Unfortunately my ISP (through DSL) only gives me a 0.5Mbps download speed, so any attempt to watch live/streaming feeds is constantly buffering and henceforth crap. If I download a complete match, I can then watch it as any other video, but most service providers don't do/allow that. I dropped LUTV for awhile because they do not allow a download facility.
I'll try what you have suggested though - heck I'll try anything once, but I'm not hopeful.
Thanks again.
Ah ok - you would need 10-15mbps for Kodi, but it is very stable. No downloads available either. Everywhere I have stayed in the States has had combined cable TV and Broadband through a company like Brighthouse, and they have a blistering speed connection.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

4th round draw tonight sees Leeds United/Cambridge away at AFC Wimbledon/Sutton United .... a tricky ducky one for sure.Come on Leeds.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gandalf wrote:
Ah ok - you would need 10-15mbps for Kodi, but it is very stable. No downloads available either. Everywhere I have stayed in the States has had combined cable TV and Broadband through a company like Brighthouse, and they have a blistering speed connection.
I live in a part of the US which is technically a 4th world country mate. Whenever I've been back to England I never cease to appreciate the difference.
gessa

Post by gessa »

4th Round weekend, looking at the games for potential shocks. Perhaps Millwall to beat Watford. Also Liverpool in a poor run of form, so a chance for Wolves.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Oooppppps totally missed the other thread
1964white

Re: FA Cup 4th Round

Post by 1964white »

Ha ha even though the Rams got a fluky deflected goal to equalise & the ref denied Leicester two penalties + also missed the Derby goalie handling the ball outside his area, the Foxes score to stunning goals from Ndidi & Gray to win in extra-time

Demarai Gray Man Of The Match

Pleased for Ranieri :-D
1964white

Re: FA Cup 5th Round

Post by 1964white »

Today's 5th Round matches

Burnley v Lincoln City - 12:30pm BT Sport
Huddersfield Town v Manchester City - 3pm
Middlesbrough v Oxford United - 3pm
Millwall v Leicester City - 3pm
Wolves v Chelsea - 5.30pm Bt Sport
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: FA Cup 5th Round - today's matches

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Huddersfield to beat Man City in a bad tempered game which sees 3 Town players sent off and 8 more receive bookings which takes them all onto 15 for the season and means they're all suspended ..... If only, really though, the longer they can stay in the more chance of fatigue, bookings and injuries.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Lincoln score in the 90th min, 5 mins added
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Added time up and Lincoln knock Burnley out 1-0 at Turf Moor!!! The magic of the FA cup