Where & why have they all gone ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Where & why have they all gone ?

Post by 1964white »

Amber SUFC wrote:I think they are all on the Sutton United forum :-D
Ha ha :lol:

Won't be the lads & lassies off here mate
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

faaip wrote:We used to have a poster called Crude.....
Heard he posts nothing but rubbish, good riddance to that tw*t.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:41 pm

We used to have a poster called Crude.....
Sounds like the first line of a limerick
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Emsley and Meeta
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Emsley and Meeta
MeeTa has posted a few times recently

Emsley fell out with one of our other departed members
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

HELLO

Hi guys, I'm still alive.
We had a baby (she's now 1) and I decided to take the last 6 months off work on paternity to be a full time dad, I did most of my posting at work so expect a little more of me again now I'm back working
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brader wrote:HELLO

We had a baby (she's now 1) and I decided to take the last 6 months off work on paternity to be a full time dad, I did most of my posting at work so expect a little more of me again now I'm back working
As the majority do i suspect :lol:

Congratulations Braders to you & your Mrs

How's Tom (Genghers) btw ?
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Huge congrats to you both!!

Re: people disappearing. I honestly just think it's the nature of the internet and, as was said earlier, many people don't frequent messageboards anymore because Facebook and Twitter give them all the chance to interact that they feel they need. Sad, but true. I don't think the internet messageboard/forum is what it was even 3 or 4 years ago generally speaking.
The very nature of these things is transient anyway. You always get a lot of people joining and then dropping off after posting for a short while (I've done it myself on other sites). Nothing personal, just that time dictates that you can't manage to spend your days on too many.
Also, this is a small community compared to, say, Waccoe where it isn't so obviously noticeable if you lose a few posters. If people drop off here, it's more immediately obvious.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

congratulations to you both

whats work ????????????
what does it involve ??????????
would I like it ????????
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:Huge congrats to you both!!

Re: people disappearing. I honestly just think it's the nature of the internet and, as was said earlier, many people don't frequent messageboards anymore because Facebook and Twitter give them all the chance to interact that they feel they need. Sad, but true. I don't think the internet messageboard/forum is what it was even 3 or 4 years ago generally speaking.
The very nature of these things is transient anyway. You always get a lot of people joining and then dropping off after posting for a short while (I've done it myself on other sites). Nothing personal, just that time dictates that you can't manage to spend your days on too many.
Also, this is a small community compared to, say, Waccoe where it isn't so obviously noticeable if you lose a few posters. If people drop off here, it's more immediately obvious.
All very true mate :tup:

I suppose we've done well to keep this forum ticking over
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:congratulations to you both

whats work ????????????
what does it involve ??????????
would I like it ????????
Stick to what you have now Bert, sounds much easier :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Congratulations Brader, nice for you to be able to spend so much time with the baby.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:We had some really top newbie posters join us on here over the last few months which is great for MOT maintaining a healthy forum with varying constructive & intellectual views/opinions on the subject matters we cover :tup:

BUT !

Where & why have some our old members gone ? We can account for some of the old-timers whereabouts however there are others who seem be here one day & disappear into the wilderness after being part of our friendly forum. The likes of :

Armley/Twatsback
Dr. Leeds
Dezzy
Barryanorak
Genghers
Drs.Dad
Drsdadsotherson
Brader
Hibbi
Wolfie
MOTLiam
CptCrash
Telepres
Velotrax
Kyle_5351
Cat In The HatM
Mchldavies7

They are names off the top of my head that come to mind. I know many still tweet away on twitter but why completely give up on Marching On Together is somewhat bewildering ??

I know Dezzy has found another site....when i questioned him about his absence, he claimed MOT was far too slow & he had very little response to his posts. A little unfair i think as I know Ges & myself replied to his posts
I had joins waccoe at the same time I joined MOT, which I preferred and solely posted here, it was great, nice community spirit, interesting debate with lots of different views.
I like others drifted in and out, but after an absence I came back to find many posters who I interacted with gone. Far less variety of opinion and so very PC.
I might be wrong and it's certainly not directed at anybody here personally but we're people hunted out? A few big personalities certainly seemed like they were. Which possibly was for the best, I don't know what happened but ever since then there is less of a spark.
As for people responding to posts, I think people don't ignore them, they read them, agree disagree, whatever, but Mabey only interact and respond to those they know best? I don't know.
I don't want to put this site down, I wish I felt differently, I loved posting here, I have plenty of posts and respect for the like of shields, 64 and especially Gessa who I had many PMs with and who all really are top guys and great fans of this club and drivers of this forum, I often check in here and read without signing in or interacting, which is half the problem.
With such a strong season so far, I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am and that we can get back to where we belong.
Best of luck and I wish this place all the best. MOT
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Post by gessa »

dezzy wrote:I had joins waccoe at the same time I joined MOT, which I preferred and solely posted here, it was great, nice community spirit, interesting debate with lots of different views.
I like others drifted in and out, but after an absence I came back to find many posters who I interacted with gone. Far less variety of opinion and so very PC.
I might be wrong and it's certainly not directed at anybody here personally but we're people hunted out? A few big personalities certainly seemed like they were. Which possibly was for the best, I don't know what happened but ever since then there is less of a spark.
As for people responding to posts, I think people don't ignore them, they read them, agree disagree, whatever, but Mabey only interact and respond to those they know best? I don't know.
I don't want to put this site down, I wish I felt differently, I loved posting here, I have plenty of posts and respect for the like of shields, 64 and especially Gessa who I had many PMs with and who all really are top guys and great fans of this club and drivers of this forum, I often check in here and read without signing in or interacting, which is half the problem.
With such a strong season so far, I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am and that we can get back to where we belong.
Would be great to see you here more often dezzy, I miss your sisters Predict 6 predictions, the only time you scored well. :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:I had joins waccoe at the same time I joined MOT, which I preferred and solely posted here, it was great, nice community spirit, interesting debate with lots of different views.
Thanks for your kind words Dezzy you know you are always welcomed on here

I post on two other forums however I don't see the need to ditch MOT as so many have done over the years. I personally do my best not to advertise other forums as once we lose members it's difficult to attract them back. We had a couple of members who posted on MOT like a rash, now we see them now & again since they have gone elsewhere which is a great shame. Feels like we are second best especially as we were so friendly & reciprocate to their contribution on here. Ah well we can't please everyone !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I like others drifted in and out, but after an absence I came back to find many posters who I interacted with gone. Far less variety of opinion and so very PC

Going back to Dezzy's post

We have more Leeds United/football related topics on our front page than any other forum by a country mile.

It seems the way forward folks is for everyone to change their personality & become more aggressive calling each other a **** :roll: :wink:
hector

Post by hector »

Let me lead the way then you **** *******

:wink: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Let me lead the way then you **** *******

:hahaha: :hahaha:

You delightful old charmer
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

hector wrote:Let me lead the way then you **** *******

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I know genghers has been busy finishing up his degree / working whilst doing so, so probably explains why he's not been on much.