Where & why have they all gone ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Where & why have they all gone ?

Post by 1964white »

We had some really top newbie posters join us on here over the last few months which is great for MOT maintaining a healthy forum with varying constructive & intellectual views/opinions on the subject matters we cover :tup:

BUT !

Where & why have some our old members gone ? We can account for some of the old-timers whereabouts however there are others who seem be here one day & disappear into the wilderness after being part of our friendly forum. The likes of :

Armley/Twatsback
Dr. Leeds
Dezzy
Barryanorak
Genghers
Drs.Dad
Drsdadsotherson
Brader
Hibbi
Wolfie
MOTLiam
CptCrash
Telepres
Velotrax
Kyle_5351
Cat In The HatM
Mchldavies7

They are names off the top of my head that come to mind. I know many still tweet away on twitter but why completely give up on Marching On Together is somewhat bewildering ??

I know Dezzy has found another site....when i questioned him about his absence, he claimed MOT was far too slow & he had very little response to his posts. A little unfair i think as I know Ges & myself replied to his posts
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Where & why have they all gone ?

Post by lufc1304 »

Who knows, Leon, and if they don't want to be involved anymore, then that's up to them. Though some of those you have listed were, at least at one stage, prolific posters, and to suddenly stop is a bit strange. I'm unaware of any spats that might have forced people off, but maybe this forum is too sedate, and not volatile enough, I don't know.

Many posts don't get responded to, or don't get the response you expect, but that's the nature of a forum. You can't make people reply! With Leeds doing well this season, you'd expect a bit more traffic, but maybe we need a crisis to pull people back in? If that's the case, then I hope they have no cause to come back!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

We seemed to lose a lot of posters in a short space of time, not sure why, one or two spats but nothing too bad that I saw, facebook and twitter probably account for a fair proportion of it. Perhaps a few still read but don't post, perhaps if they do they could answer your question. Another 5 spring to mind too, 2 of those I can see why but not the others.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:We seemed to lose a lot of posters in a short space of time, not sure why, one or two spats but nothing too bad that I saw, facebook and twitter probably account for a fair proportion of it. Perhaps a few still read but don't post, perhaps if they do they could answer your question. Another 5 spring to mind too, 2 of those I can see why but not the others.
Name them & shame them :wink: :lol:

I didn't mention Twiggs, Riot, GW, Mango, Andy Watson, Gino, Baby Lemonade, Patlufc as think I know there reasons for their absence as for the rest I'm baffled

There must be members I have inexplicably forgotten about off the above list
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure I've seen GW on Waccoe recently either...not that we frequent the same threads much.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The nature of forums I think, people come and go.

That has only increased with social media, lots of people just use Twitter and Facebook now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Not sure I've seen GW on Waccoe recently either...not that we frequent the same threads much.
Marmite is his new username
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:The nature of forums I think, people come and go.

That has only increased with social media, lots of people just use Twitter and Facebook now.
Not keen on either, can't stand Facebook tbh
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It would be nice to know the reasons why from those who have departed

Hope they are all fit & well
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I still can't figure out twitter, too much stuff without context. Facebook is a glorified teen magazine
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I was thinking about Dr Leeds the other day, wondering why he didnt post any more.When I first joined the forum he was a very prolific poster, as were his Dad and his brother.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:It would be nice to know the reasons why from those who have departed

Hope they are all fit & well
I am fit and well thank you but i made reasons known.Best wishes to all members.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Often people post more when there are lots of reasons to moan - as such with things going better than they have for years maybe people have simply stopped moaning.
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

weasel wrote:Often people post more when there are lots of reasons to moan - as such with things going better than they have for years maybe people have simply stopped moaning.
:tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:maybe people have simply stopped moaning.
Why would regulars who use to come on here every day stop posting ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:I am fit and well thank you but i made reasons known.Best wishes to all members.
Glad you are well & you really should re-consider posting again, only if you feel comfortable with it EY
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

I still can't figure out twitter, too much stuff without context. Facebook is a glorified teen magazine
Agree about twitter, although we now have a US President who seems to like direct contact with the public without news media involvement. I can't help wondering how that's going to turn out if some turn sour on him directly too.

I use Facebook sparingly just for immediate family contact but honestly, some people must live on there. Their choice.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

whiteswan wrote:I was thinking about Dr Leeds the other day, wondering why he didnt post any more.When I first joined the forum he was a very prolific poster, as were his Dad and his brother.
Miss the doctor clan too. Hope they are well and might give us a wave sometime.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We used to have a poster called Crude.....
Amber SUFC
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Amber SUFC »

I think they are all on the Sutton United forum :-D