Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Super League

Post by beer belly bert »

beer belly bert wrote:keepmoat Doncaster 2:30 kick off live on the BBC 27/7/2017

thinking about this venue has confused me as to why the league has chosen it , the capacity is 15k which either club could sell out with just there own supporters . Huddersfield or Elland rd would have been better with more supporters been able to attend , some of the decisions surprise me and makes me think that the powers that be don't think things through . maybe there just happy with the money from the BBC and not bothered about inflicting the views of Davis and Balding on us who don't have a clue .

views please from the regular rugby leaguers would be appreciated :roflmao:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I thought Doncaster was an unusual choice of venue, and if the capacity is only 15k then I don't get it either. This game will attract a massive crowd...maybe they'll have a read think and come up with somewhere more suitable? ( not having a go at Donny bb...just in case you read this....)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:thinking about this venue has confused me as to why the league has chosen it , the capacity is 15k which either club could sell out with just there own supporters . Huddersfield or Elland rd would have been better with more supporters been able to attend , some of the decisions surprise me and makes me think that the powers that be don't think things through . maybe there just happy with the money from the BBC and not bothered about inflicting the views of Davis and Balding on us who don't have a clue .

views please from the regular rugby leaguers would be appreciated :roflmao:
Donny is a halfway point travelling wise for both Leeds & Hull fans, that maybe their reasoning silly as it seems

Doubt ER was ever considered as that would have been a distinct advantage with a massive partisan Leeds crowd. I've been to semi-finals at Huddersfield in the past that's why I thought it would be the venue
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

1964white wrote:Donny is a halfway point travelling wise for both Leeds & Hull fans, that maybe their reasoning silly as it seems

Doubt ER was ever considered as that would have been a distinct advantage with a massive partisan Leeds crowd. I've been to semi-finals at Huddersfield in the past that's why I thought it would be the venue
logic is not a word the rugby league use Leon , I have seen them send 2 yorks teams to play semis in Lancashire , and 2 Lancashire teams dragged over to Huddersfield . will be a good day out but could have been better with a bigger venue .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Diabolical 2nd half performance from the Rhinos

So many handling errors. So predictable, lethargic & a lack of invention of any kind unlike Cas who are athletic, quick, composed & full of ideas. They play rugby like the Rhinos use to do a few years ago, top quality eggball

Singleton is just a fat brute
Buchanan should have walked
Briscoe is a liability at the back
Maguire is past it..........I could go on !

Even more galling watching ex-Rhino Hardaker dance round our defenders to score a quality try
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Diabolical 2nd half performance from the Rhinos

So many handling errors. So predictable, lethargic & a lack of invention of any kind unlike Cas who are athletic, quick, composed & full of ideas. They play rugby like the Rhinos use to do a few years ago, top quality eggball

Singleton is just a fat brute
Buchanan should have walked
Briscoe is a liability at the back
Maguire is past it..........I could go on !

Even more galling watching ex-Rhino Hardaker dance round our defenders to score a quality try
Yes! To see Zach Hardaker score that runaway try was just so upsetting. I remember him in the treble winning season ( remind me, why did he leave Leeds? Serious question because I don't know why) why did Leeds let him go? To add to my misery, Wakey stuffed by the codheads. Wakey in front at half time 18 - 10. What the flip went wrong in the second. I despair with my rugby league teams this evening! :duno:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

whiteswan wrote:Yes! To see Zach Hardaker score that runaway try was just so upsetting. I remember him in the treble winning season ( remind me, why did he leave Leeds? Serious question because I don't know why) why did Leeds let him go? To add to my misery, Wakey stuffed by the codheads. Wakey in front at half time 18 - 10. What the flip went wrong in the second. I despair with my rugby league teams this evening! :duno:

question 1

Hardaker had to go because he was nothing but trouble, on and off the pitch McDermott couldn`t handle him , his conduct on the pitch is no secret as to the bans he`s had , . if any manager in the game can handle him it`s daryl powell and he seems to have calmed down .
yes I would have him back , and mcshane as well , this manager of ours has to go he does not have a clue ,his tactics are dated and the players he let go are criminal and why is burrows sat on the bench evey week ?

question 2

last night cass played the rugby the rhinos used to play , too many errors and no shape that's the top and bottom of it
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Thanks for explaining Bert
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:question 1

Hardaker had to go because he was nothing but trouble, on and off the pitch McDermott couldn`t handle him , his conduct on the pitch is no secret as to the bans he`s had , . if any manager in the game can handle him it`s daryl powell and he seems to have calmed down .
yes I would have him back , and mcshane as well , this manager of ours has to go he does not have a clue ,his tactics are dated and the players he let go are criminal and why is burrows sat on the bench evey week ?

question 2

last night cass played the rugby the rhinos used to play , too many errors and no shape that's the top and bottom of it
Can't disagree with any of that Bert
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just read that Hardaker has signed a permanent four and a half year deal with Castleford costing £150,000. Is that good or bad business for Leeds?
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

whiteswan wrote:Just read that Hardaker has signed a permanent four and a half year deal with Castleford costing £150,000. Is that good or bad business for Leeds?
This is terrible business for the rhinos , Hardaker is the Lionel messi of rugby league And if we'd had stronger management that could have sorted Zak out he would still be playing for us,
The rhinos are the biggest and richest club in The northern hemisphere and should be buying the best players in the world every season not selling them .
The other thing regarding the £150k transfer fee is that the rhinos won't see a penny of it ,Hetherington will use the money to sure up The failing Leeds Carnegie,
Just my opinion but followed utd and rhinos all my life .
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

LEEDS V SAINTS tonight sky sports 1 20:00 kick off
Is everybody tuning in ???
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote:LEEDS V SAINTS tonight sky sports 1 20:00 kick off
Is everybody tuning in ???
I'll be watching Bert :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We're not eating out tonight so yes I'll be watching the match folks :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rhinos scrape home after an untidy performance in a game littered with errors

Saints aren't that good nowadays but my god we made hard work of this victory

We look so sluggish at times.....we even allowed the Saints time in the last two minutes when one of their players stumbled with the ball, no pressure applied whatsoever from our defence allowing the Saints attack to create a fast flowing move that almost punished us !

Ablett & Briscoe are hopeless, we need to make big changes next season
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

hearing rumours that McGuire is getting another 12 month contract up at the rhinos , it`s now time to ship out all the old wood and start building a younger team Ablett , Jamie Jones , McGuire , thanks for everything you have done and are legends of the treble winning side but step aside now , the likes of Hall and Burrow should remain and bring the younger players through on the pitch ,I saved the most important change till last " Brian McDermott" if ever a man was in the right place at the right time it was him , he inherited the best squad ever seen in the league built by Tony smith and Brian McClennan , he has slowly dismantled the team with no forward planning and stupid buys , letting players go who are far better than the the ones he keeps , his tactics are old and out dated I imagine he keeps his job because he is cheap and that's a word Hetherington loves . I firmly believe the trophy wins were all down to Peacock & Sinfield pulling the strings on the pitch and nothing to do with him or his tactics .

rant over
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:hearing rumours that McGuire is getting another 12 month contract up at the rhinos , it`s now time to ship out all the old wood and start building a younger team Ablett , Jamie Jones , McGuire , thanks for everything you have done and are legends of the treble winning side but step aside now , the likes of Hall and Burrow should remain and bring the younger players through on the pitch ,I saved the most important change till last " Brian McDermott" if ever a man was in the right place at the right time it was him , he inherited the best squad ever seen in the league built by Tony smith and Brian McClennan , he has slowly dismantled the team with no forward planning and stupid buys , letting players go who are far better than the the ones he keeps , his tactics are old and out dated I imagine he keeps his job because he is cheap and that's a word Hetherington loves . I firmly believe the trophy wins were all down to Peacock & Sinfield pulling the strings on the pitch and nothing to do with him or his tactics .

rant over
Agree with your rant Bert

Time to chuck out all the deadwood

McDermott is distinctly average just like that other Brian McDermott our fans use to rave about at ER.....time to go !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Darn it! Sick to the stomach. Late drop goal secures win for Castleford against Wakey. Great first half for Wakey keeping the Tigers scoreless, but second half mistakes and a penalty from Wakey and some awesome quick play saw Castleford romp into the lead. Wakey overtook them late on but that darned drop goal saw Wakey lose a game perhaps thy should have drawn...or won. Travelled up to Wakey from Ipswich today to see my folks, as its my birthday tomorrow. Didn't go to the game, had chippy woods fish and chips instead watching the game on tv.....glad I didn't go.... :(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Danny McGuire to leave Leeds Rhino's at the end of the season....64 will be pleased...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Danny McGuire to leave Leeds Rhino's at the end of the season....64 will be pleased...
Been a great player for the Rhinos

Just think he is way past his best

The sickening thing is we should have retained Hardaker :(