Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:21 pm

beer belly bert wrote:well done Leon , im at the rugby tonight , banned from the football and all sports Saturday as its the wifes birthday and she wants lunch out in Leeds , looking forward to a bit of T20 as well .


Enjoy the rugger & Happy Birthday to Mrs Beer Belly Bert :beer:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Enthralling game full of pace & power at Headingley

Rhinos lost their discipline with errors & a man sin-binned in the last ten minutes of the first-half

Leeds lead Wigan 14-12

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Wonderful try from Kallum Watkins

20-12

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Another horrible error from the Rhinos

20-18

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:44 pm

But that little Wigan fella can move...

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:46 pm

More awful handling from Leeds. 2 points is a very small lead. C'Mon Leeds!

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 pm

Great try from Leeds

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Ablett wins it for Leeds

All Leeds Are We :sing:

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:55 pm

1964white wrote:Ablett wins it for Leeds

All Leeds Are We :sing:

:scarf1: what a superb win in a very tricky game. Lots of bad tempers, lots of errors from both sides....Marching on together ringing out loud at Headingly :scarf1:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm

whiteswan wrote::scarf1: what a superb win in a very tricky game. Lots of bad tempers, lots of errors from both sides....Marching on together ringing out loud at Headingly :scarf1:


Too many errors Swan

Is it me or is McGuire guilty of so many mistakes ?

All the same that was one hell of a power-packed match, pulsating stuff !

Hope tomorrow's game at Reading is as exciting, I very much doubt it though

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:02 pm

1964white wrote:Too many errors Swan

Is it me or is McGuire guilty of so many mistakes ?

All the same that was one hell of a power-packed match, pulsating stuff !

Hope tomorrow's game at Reading is as exciting, I very much doubt it though

Maybe the errors were down to the fact that it was such a frenetic game 64? At least they got the win :-D
I don't mind the Reading game lacking in excitement, but for those of you going to the game I hope it's a good game.... I just want a win!
Wakey on TV this evening same time as Leeds Utd :roll: Away at Catalans ...C'mon Wakey :clapshout:

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:09 am

A fantastic result for Wakey against Catalans. Great game to watch. Wakey up to sixth. Well done Trinity

User avatar
beer belly bert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am
Location: bottom of a glass

Re: Super League

Postby beer belly bert » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:08 am

1964white wrote:Too many errors Swan

Is it me or is McGuire guilty of so many mistakes ?

All the same that was one hell of a power-packed match, pulsating stuff !

Hope tomorrow's game at Reading is as exciting, I very much doubt it though


all players have a bad match from time to time but McGuire seems to have one every week , he dropped the ball 3 times in crucial moves as well as the forward passing , he has been one of the greats in his time at Leeds but I think he should be looking to retire whilst he`s still at the top , the same with Jamie jones . but the game was won so lets celebrate
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:10 pm

beer belly bert wrote:all players have a bad match from time to time but McGuire seems to have one every week , he dropped the ball 3 times in crucial moves as well as the forward passing , he has been one of the greats in his time at Leeds but I think he should be looking to retire whilst he`s still at the top , the same with Jamie jones . but the game was won so lets celebrate


Smashing game Bert :tup:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:59 pm

whiteswan wrote:A fantastic result for Wakey against Catalans. Great game to watch. Wakey up to sixth. Well done Trinity


Great win for Wakey Swan

Also a terrific comeback from Warrington 8-20 down at half-time to draw level 22-22 & deny the codheads a victory

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:24 pm

1964white wrote:Great win for Wakey Swan

Also a terrific comeback from Warrington 8-20 down at half-time to draw level 22-22 & deny the codheads a victory

Leeds away at Warrington on Friday ( on tv ). They'll have to be aware of that comeback. Just a quick question 64, what has happened to the royal blue and old gold Rhino's kit? It almost looked like they were playing in black last week.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:41 pm

whiteswan wrote:Leeds away at Warrington on Friday ( on tv ). They'll have to be aware of that comeback. Just a quick question 64, what has happened to the royal blue and old gold Rhino's kit? It almost looked like they were playing in black last week.


This new 2017 kit Swan

Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 17.40.28.png

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks for that 64. It certainly didn't look like that kit the other night whan they played Wigan. I'll record the highlights and watch it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things.....

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 52529
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Postby 1964white » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45 pm

whiteswan wrote:Thanks for that 64. It certainly didn't look like that kit the other night whan they played Wigan. I'll record the highlights and watch it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things.....


They play in this kit at Headingley

Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 20.43.49.png

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Postby whiteswan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Ah! That's what I saw. That explains it, thanks 64. But I still much prefer the royal and old gold kit...


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Durly, faaip, MissSurreyWhite, rab_rant and 164 guests