Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Codheads filleted by St Helens.....hurrahh!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 am Codheads filleted by St Helens.....hurrahh!
Saints are flying, 9 victories in ten games.....I wonder who beat them :lol:

Big game tomorrow Swannie :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:28 am Saints are flying, 9 victories in ten games.....I wonder who beat them :lol:

Big game tomorrow Swannie :)
I'm dreading it! :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:00 am I'm dreading it! :shock:
So am I :roflmao:

I'm looking forward to it, should be a really close game

Too close to call imo !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:25 am So am I :roflmao:

I'm looking forward to it, should be a really close game

Too close to call imo !
Wakey haven't won a game in four 64. Can't see them getting anything today against Leeds :(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

You were right 64....a very close game. Don't know what's going on at Wakey though....they take a lead and then end up losing by one or two points. Oh well, that's four straight wins followed by five straight defeats now. Thing is, wakey have St Helens next week and we'll be up in Wakey.....not sure if I'll go, I think we'll get stuffed!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:17 pm You were right 64....a very close game. Don't know what's going on at Wakey though....they take a lead and then end up losing by one or two points. Oh well, that's four straight wins followed by five straight defeats now. Thing is, wakey have St Helens next week and we'll be up in Wakey.....not sure if I'll go, I think we'll get stuffed!
Phew that was close Swannie

Wakey led seven times, even when they looked out of it at 20-28 Wakey showed some resilience to grab a last minute try & converted goal providing us Rhino fans with 40 seconds of heart-stopping moments

I listened to the game in bits on Radio Leeds, I say bits as they kept switching over to Huddersfield, Fetherstone, Dewsbury & Batley of all places for commentaries/reports, they even had the audacity to go elsewhere with minutes to go when the game was on a knife-edge :shock:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:01 pm Phew that was close Swannie

Wakey led seven times, even when they looked out of it at 20-28 Wakey showed some resilience to grab a last minute try & converted goal providing us Rhino fans with 40 seconds of heart-stopping moments

I listened to the game in bits on Radio Leeds, I say bits as they kept switching over to Huddersfield, Fetherstone, Dewsbury & Batley of all places for commentaries/reports, they even had the audacity to go elsewhere with minutes to go when the game was on a knife-edge :shock:
i went to this one and can say in all honesty i would not have been upset with a Rhinos loss it was a fantastic game played with passion from both team , the thing that is becoming clear with the Rhinos is that they are a 2nd half team thats super fit and finish strong as they showed at St Helens and against Cas the other week , hold onto your hats Leon / swannie because this is going to be one hell of a season finish from all the teams , loads of twists and turns yet to come i think , i just love rugby league :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:25 pm i went to this one and can say in all honesty i would not have been upset with a Rhinos loss it was a fantastic game played with passion from both team , the thing that is becoming clear with the Rhinos is that they are a 2nd half team thats super fit and finish strong as they showed at St Helens and against Cas the other week , hold onto your hats Leon / swannie because this is going to be one hell of a season finish from all the teams , loads of twists and turns yet to come i think , i just love rugby league :tup: :tup: :tup:
It generally is with the Rhinos Bert

Sounded a fantastic game going by the radio commentary

How many times could you say those things about the soft-bellied bunch down the road ?

At least we have true champions in the city of Leeds in the 21st century
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:25 pm i went to this one and can say in all honesty i would not have been upset with a Rhinos loss it was a fantastic game played with passion from both team , the thing that is becoming clear with the Rhinos is that they are a 2nd half team thats super fit and finish strong as they showed at St Helens and against Cas the other week , hold onto your hats Leon / swannie because this is going to be one hell of a season finish from all the teams , loads of twists and turns yet to come i think , i just love rugby league :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could only keep checking the score on bbc website bert and 64....no radio Leeds for me :( Yes, I'm now getting more and more into rugby league and will watch a game on tv even if Wakey or Leeds aren't playing. Unheard of a year ago. Twists and turns bert, I'm sure. I hope Wakey can do a twist or a turn pretty quick, as thats five losses in five. I fear for them, the club has put up with so much nonsense from Wakefield council re a new ground....it's being going on for years and supposedly this is the year for a new stadium, but I can just see the council one again backing out if Wakey don't preserve their superleague status. :x It'll be a great excuse for them! But......there is a long way to go yet so we'll see.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:03 pm I could only keep checking the score on bbc website bert and 64....no radio Leeds for me :( Yes, I'm now getting more and more into rugby league and will watch a game on tv even if Wakey or Leeds aren't playing. Unheard of a year ago. Twists and turns bert, I'm sure. I hope Wakey can do a twist or a turn pretty quick, as thats five losses in five. I fear for them, the club has put up with so much nonsense from Wakefield council re a new ground....it's being going on for years and supposedly this is the year for a new stadium, but I can just see the council one again backing out if Wakey don't preserve their superleague status. :x It'll be a great excuse for them! But......there is a long way to go yet so we'll see.
Lets hope Wakey are kept alive Swannie

You can also listen to the Radio Leeds commentary online as I did yesterday
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:15 pm Lets hope Wakey are kept alive Swannie

You can also listen to the Radio Leeds commentary online as I did yesterday
Thanks 64, lets hope so

I didn't know about radio Leeds online...I'll get Mr Swan to look into it :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:24 pm Thanks 64, lets hope so

I didn't know about radio Leeds online...I'll get Mr Swan to look into it :)
And the BBC website too do various footy/rugby/cricket commentaries

I listen to much of the cricket online during the summer.....Yorkshire & the Test matches
hector

Post by hector »

Needs must 64, anything to help with the insomnia eh??
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

:shock: only just seen the Leeds 8-9 Wigan result from last night ( up in Wakey so not on the ball so to speak )....what happened? Drop goaled again?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm :shock: only just seen the Leeds 8-9 Wigan result from last night ( up in Wakey so not on the ball so to speak )....what happened? Drop goaled again?
Yes a drop goal Swannie

Rhinos beaten by a point. Leeds United beaten by a goal

Due to SKY six of our supporters club members are also season-ticket holders at Headingley so had to make a decision which game to go to. Four went to watch the Rhinos

Only SKY could get it wrong by scheduling & televising two Leeds teams on the same night :shock:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

:shock: Wakey beat St Helens 24 - 20 :) :clape:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:18 pm Yes a drop goal Swannie

Rhinos beaten by a point. Leeds United beaten by a goal

Due to SKY six of our supporters club members are also season-ticket holders at Headingley so had to make a decision which game to go to. Four went to watch the Rhinos

Only SKY could get it wrong by scheduling & televising two Leeds teams on the same night :shock:
What an idiotic thing for Sky to do! I thought how ridiculous at the time....but yes, the poor season ticket holders must have been furious! :rant:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:20 pm :shock: Wakey beat St Helens 24 - 20 :) :clape:
What a victory :victor:

Did you go Swannie ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:22 pm What an idiotic thing for Sky to do! I thought how ridiculous at the time....but yes, the poor season ticket holders must have been furious! :rant:
Sky TV don't give a damn about attending sports fans

All there bothered about is the audience figures & lining their pockets