Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Super League

Post by Gandalf »

Great win for the Rhinos tonight. Excellent performances from the whole team, but Ward, Parcell, Sutcliffe and Golding in particular. Nice to see Ryan Hall back to something like his old form as well, even though he didn't score.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Great win for the Rhinos tonight. Excellent performances from the whole team, but Ward, Parcell, Sutcliffe and Golding in particular. Nice to see Ryan Hall back to something like his old form as well, even though he didn't score.
The erratic topsy-turvy Rhinos turn up tonight

Sadly I missed this fine victory
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Great win for Leeds :-D but what a poor result for Wakey :( Really, really, so not looking forward to Thursday...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

What a fantastic result for Trinity. I did not expect that result. Very very happy Wakey girl, but what a disappointing result for Leeds. Mixed emotions tonight!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

No mixed emotions here. Well done Wakefield Trinity. :) :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Of course, that can change. Leeds haven't done well this season, Wakefield have, for a nice change.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:What a fantastic result for Trinity. I did not expect that result. Very very happy Wakey girl, but what a disappointing result for Leeds. Mixed emotions tonight!
Didn't see the game but it sounds like the Rhinos took another bashing

Well done Wakey & you have to be happy with that result Swan

McDermott needs to be shown the door like that other dib-dob Brian M we had at Leeds United

Embarrassing !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote:No mixed emotions here. Well done Wakefield Trinity. :) :tup:
Do you have a soft spot for Wakey Norm? Being a Wakey girl who lived about 3.5 miles from Wakey and about 7 miles from Leeds on the main Wakefield/Leeds road both Cities hold fond childhood memories for me...but having been born in Wakey, Trinity just edge it for me :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Didn't see the game but it sounds like the Rhinos took another bashing

Well done Wakey & you have to be happy with that result Swan

McDermott needs to be shown the door like that other dib-dob Brian M we had at Leeds United

Embarrassing !
Yes, very happy with the result 64. I recorded the game but haven't watched all of it yet.
As for McDermott....maybe being a Wakefield lad he had a hidden agenda last night :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Yes, very happy with the result 64. I recorded the game but haven't watched all of it yet.
As for McDermott....maybe being a Wakefield lad he had a hidden agenda last night :wink:
No Swan BM is inept & tactically naive
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

whiteswan wrote:

Do you have a soft spot for Wakey Norm? Being a Wakey girl who lived about 3.5 miles from Wakey and about 7 miles from Leeds on the main Wakefield/Leeds road both Cities hold fond childhood memories for me...but having been born in Wakey, Trinity just edge it for me :-D
Born in Manygates Hospital on Barnsley Road Swan. Lived in Sharlston until I was 21, supported Featherstone and Wakefield Trinity. If they played each other I just said may the best team win. 'Found' football and Leeds a bit late really, through 2 mates in high school at Normanton and preferred the game: so started my love for Leeds. I didn't stop with RL though, went to a few Challenge Cup Finals (if either was involved) and big regular games after that. As the 1960s unfolded though it was mostly Leeds United.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote:Born in Manygates Hospital on Barnsley Road Swan. Lived in Sharlston until I was 21, supported Featherstone and Wakefield Trinity. If they played each other I just said may the best team win. 'Found' football and Leeds a bit late really, through 2 mates in high school at Normanton and preferred the game: so started my love for Leeds. I didn't stop with RL though, went to a few Challenge Cup Finals (if either was involved) and big regular games after that. As the 1960s unfolded though it was mostly Leeds United.
Wow! Small world Norm. My cousin was sister midwife at Manygates hospital before it was closed down and she lived on manygates crescent next door. I was born in Walton Hall (now Waterton Park Hotel). My folks now live on Barnsley Road within walking distance of Belle Vue ( very handy). I used to work at the school dental clinic in Wakefield and visited Sharlston school many times to assist with the dreaded 'school dental inspection' :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

whiteswan wrote:

Wow! Small world Norm. My cousin was sister midwife at Manygates hospital before it was closed down and she lived on manygates crescent next door. I was born in Walton Hall (now Waterton Park Hotel). My folks now live on Barnsley Road within walking distance of Belle Vue ( very handy). I used to work at the school dental clinic in Wakefield and visited Sharlston school many times to assist with the dreaded 'school dental inspection' :lol:

Aye, it's a small world Swan. I started a 32-year career on Wakefield Kirkgate station in 1963 as a trainee clerk, was transferred in 1964 to Healey Mills Marshalling Yard until 1966 - came back to Healey Mills 1974-78; that was the last time I worked in Yorkshire. After that it was Immingham, then London for my last 15 years, then to the States in 1996. Only a couple of cousins left on Sharlston now and I haven't seen them since my mother died in 2009. I've run into people I've known in some strange places where you'd never expect to meet them, but you never quite seem to break the ties with the first home you can remember, or at least I haven't.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Wow! Small world Norm. My cousin was sister midwife at Manygates hospital before it was closed down and she lived on manygates crescent next door. I was born in Walton Hall (now Waterton Park Hotel). My folks now live on Barnsley Road within walking distance of Belle Vue ( very handy). I used to work at the school dental clinic in Wakefield and visited Sharlston school many times to assist with the dreaded 'school dental inspection' :lol:
My dear mum was a midwife/sister at the LGI & St James in Leeds, spent all her working life in nursing
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:My dear mum was a midwife/sister at the LGI & St James in Leeds, spent all her working life in nursing
Its a busy job midwifery, I know only too well from my cousin, a job that you have to be so dedicated to (I spent a couple of days at Jimmy's on work experience from school....went into the operating theatre whilst they were operating. Put me off nursing for life! :( went into dentistry instead :lol: )
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Wakey so unlucky tonight! Mind you, silly boy should have smothered the ball instead of using a 'strictly come dancing' toe poke to get rid of 't ball....allowing that lot from across the pennines to score....so so, disappointed....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Wakey so unlucky tonight! Mind you, silly boy should have smothered the ball instead of using a 'strictly come dancing' toe poke to get rid of 't ball....allowing that lot from across the pennines to score....so so, disappointed....
Just beaten in the end, unlucky Wakey.

Tonight's match between Cas v Rhinos won't be so close....I'm expecting another battering :(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Big game this evening for Leeds against the codheads. Hope Leeds can smash 'em. Haven't forgotten their cheating tactics against Wakey at Belle Vue on the forst day of the season. Castleford were lucky with their winning drop kick last night, St Helens were very unlucky with theirs.....C'mon Rhinos....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Big game this evening for Leeds against the codheads. Hope Leeds can smash 'em. Haven't forgotten their cheating tactics against Wakey at Belle Vue on the forst day of the season. Castleford were lucky with their winning drop kick last night, St Helens were very unlucky with theirs.....C'mon Rhinos....
Would be an amazing achievement if we got through to the Grand Final with the current coach & players :shock: if we get there we'll get smashed by Cas in the final :(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Would be an amazing achievement if we got through to the Grand Final with the current coach & players :shock: if we get there we'll get smashed by Cas in the final :(
Not necessarily...they were nearly beaten last night :-D