Ipswich v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ipswich v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

The yellow and white should never be seen again...no wonder we were shite.
Agreed - brown is a much darker hue of yellow and that's where we landed.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

As I said earlier that was horrible, we played like a Sunday morning pub team. I've seen schoolboys pass a ball better on muddier pitches than Portman Road. Another feeble excuse from Monk to defend our complacent players.

Right now watching Leeds is boring & dull as dish-water as we play the ball backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, back to the Green who boots the ball up field, lose possession, win the ball, pass a five yard ball to the opposition, win the ball & go through the whole process again & again. This even occurs when we have a throw in or a free-kick in the oppositions half, you can't be offside from a throw in but do our players move towards the byline no invariably the ball goes backwards to Pontus, Bartley or Bridcutt sitting deep as we go through the same frustrating motions yet again. Our movement off the ball is truly pathetic stunting any creativity. All this & we end up with yet another woeful display.

How the hell we mustered a draw baffled me. I suspect Mick McCarthy is a disappointed man this morning !

7 - Green (MOTM)
5 - Ayling
6 - Bartley
7 - Jansson
6 - Barardi
4 - O'Kane
4 - Vieira
4 - Sacko
4 - Hernandez
5 - Dallas
4 - Wood

6 - Bridcutt
4 - Barrow
n/a Doukara
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A decent point away from home against a difficult team to beat - and would have definitely taken a point after going behind. Every point we earn from now will probably be a real scrap and it is all about getting points no matter how poorly or how well we play. Do Huddersfield care that Rotherham gave them a fright, no they will happily take the 3 points and move on, same for every team around us. People quick to write Cardiff off as being sh*t but they have won 3 in a week and are scoring for fun - there is no easy game in the championship. Norwich on a good run and then lose to Burton - can you imagine the wailing we would be doing on here if we lost to Burton? Likewise our reserves lose in the FA Cup to a non league team and it is the biggest disaster that ever happened yet premiership teams and championship teams are losing left right and centre to them at the moment.

It is all about staying calm, results are all important no matter how we get them. A point earned is a point earned and we are 1 point nearer to clinching a play-off place today than we were before the game, 1 point further ahead of 7th place Norwich.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:A decent point away from home against a difficult team to beat - and would have definitely taken a point after going behind. Every point we earn from now will probably be a real scrap and it is all about getting points no matter how poorly or how well we play. Do Huddersfield care that Rotherham gave them a fright, no they will happily take the 3 points and move on, same for every team around us. People quick to write Cardiff off as being sh*t but they have won 3 in a week and are scoring for fun - there is no easy game in the championship. Norwich on a good run and then lose to Burton - can you imagine the wailing we would be doing on here if we lost to Burton? Likewise our reserves lose in the FA Cup to a non league team and it is the biggest disaster that ever happened yet premiership teams and championship teams are losing left right and centre to them at the moment.

It is all about staying calm, results are all important no matter how we get them. A point earned is a point earned and we are 1 point nearer to clinching a play-off place today than we were before the game, 1 point further ahead of 7th place Norwich.

This
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:A decent point away from home against a difficult team to beat - and would have definitely taken a point after going behind. Every point we earn from now will probably be a real scrap and it is all about getting points no matter how poorly or how well we play. Do Huddersfield care that Rotherham gave them a fright, no they will happily take the 3 points and move on same for every team around us. People quick to write Cardiff off as being sh*t but they have won 3 in a week and are scoring for fun - there is no easy game in the championship. Norwich on a good run and then lose to Burton - can you imagine the wailing we would be doing on here if we lost to Burton? Likewise our reserves lose in the FA Cup to a non league team and it is the biggest disaster that ever happened yet premiership teams and championship teams are losing left right and centre to them at the moment.

Huddersfield Town manager David Wagner

"There may be no better way to show the character, the togetherness and the quality which the squad has.

"The second half was fantastic, we played very well, we created chances.

"You see we scored the winner in stoppage time. It sounds like we were lucky but in my opinion we were not lucky, we were strong and totally deserved to win the football match. If we needed a push for the last 15 games of the season this can give it to us."
Screenshot 2017-02-19 at 16.11.39.png
Just a bit of difference with the stats :roll:
Screenshot 2017-02-19 at 16.19.28.png
As for the Sutton fiasco ask the Leeds travelling fans what they think.....majority are saying "we've lost all our momentum" unlike Huddersfield Town who continue to gain results playing with style
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:This
What do you mean This ?

Weasel continues to defend our very poor performances :shock: sorry it's not acceptable

Any other social scenario like going to see a show/concert or eating out at a restaurant & if the performance/food were dire I'd have walked out. I certainly wouldn't have paid full price for a bad meal. I expect a certain service/standard whatever I do or where ever i go, five of the last six games I've attended have been nothing short of unacceptable !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Some of you would soon get chuffed off if you put the time, effort & expense going to the games week in week out

Anyone can sit behind a keyboard & say performances don't matter :mad:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You want us to stop posting or you want us to agree with everything you say? If you want to have input to these threads and votes on the MOTM etc you're going to have to put up with us part time/armchair fans or it's going to get real quiet. I sat/stood in the stands all through the late seventies and eighties ...right up till I got my first mortgage (75% of my earnings that one, basically lived on baked beans on toast for about three years)

Sport is really not the same as restaurants and shows...unless you start watching WWF, they're not scripted or rehearsed nor are they subject to weather conditions, a group of people intent on stopping you from performing...I bet you'd see some poor meals if chefs had to work with someone constantly trying to make it go wrong...
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

weasel wrote:A decent point away from home against a difficult team to beat - and would have definitely taken a point after going behind. Every point we earn from now will probably be a real scrap and it is all about getting points no matter how poorly or how well we play. Do Huddersfield care that Rotherham gave them a fright, no they will happily take the 3 points and move on, same for every team around us. People quick to write Cardiff off as being sh*t but they have won 3 in a week and are scoring for fun - there is no easy game in the championship. Norwich on a good run and then lose to Burton - can you imagine the wailing we would be doing on here if we lost to Burton? Likewise our reserves lose in the FA Cup to a non league team and it is the biggest disaster that ever happened yet premiership teams and championship teams are losing left right and centre to them at the moment.

100% agree, on paper we are NOT one of the better teams and will always be at risk of a run of disapointing performances and results, at the end of the day since Derby we have still taken 10 points from 7 games not a good run of form but the wheels have NOT fallen off yet.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:You want us to stop posting or you want us to agree with everything you say.
Not at all Faaip

Sorry....I'm just very frustrated & jarred off with what I've seen of late

Get over it Leon worst things happen at sea

I'm even talking to myself now :|
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Trust me I watched Aldershot boy and man for 20 years without any hope of success and I lost count of the 0-0 draws and 0-1 defeats...I think we went 14 games without scoring once. That was frustration. But I get what you're saying. I'm assuming you have a home season ticket 64, but maybe forego some away games for a break...We're getting into gardening season
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Leon believe me I would much rather we were smashing teams out of the park and winning 3 or 4 nil - but all season I feel we have been punching above our weight and snatching wins out of nothing and would suggest we have had many average performances where the match could have gone either way but we have snatched a win. This I feel has led to people, yourself included, thinking we are better than we are. Turn a few of those wins into draws and we'd be mid table and maybe that is where we should be.

However I do believe that we are capable of playing better and to do that we need to get our confidence back and that only comes with wins - no matter how we get them. Huddersfield are on a winning run and they are now playing with confidence. The hope is that their bubble bursts again and they go into the play-offs out of form and play like the side that went on a horrible run mid season - I was delighted they got a draw against City as it means an extra game they have to squeeze in and also an extra game where their players will be giving everything and it may effect them in similar way to how our 'big' games in our League 1 promotion season seemed to effect our players when they returned to playing midweek matches against league 1 sides - I feel Huddersfield took their eye off the ball against Rotherham and nearly paid for it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Leon believe me I would much rather we were smashing teams out of the park and winning 3 or 4 nil - but all season I feel we have been punching above our weight and snatching wins out of nothing and would suggest we have had many average performances where the match could have gone either way but we have snatched a win. This I feel has led to people, yourself included, thinking we are better than we are. Turn a few of those wins into draws and we'd be mid table and maybe that is where we should be.

However I do believe that we are capable of playing better and to do that we need to get our confidence back and that only comes with wins - no matter how we get them. Huddersfield are on a winning run and they are now playing with confidence. The hope is that their bubble bursts again and they go into the play-offs out of form and play like the side that went on a horrible run mid season - I was delighted they got a draw against City as it means an extra game they have to squeeze in and also an extra game where their players will be giving everything and it may effect them in similar way to how our 'big' games in our League 1 promotion season seemed to effect our players when they returned to playing midweek matches against league 1 sides - I feel Huddersfield took their eye off the ball against Rotherham and nearly paid for it.
I agree we have been punching above our weight throughtout this season :tup:

I was also pleased with the Huddersfield/City result.....another 120 minutes at the Etihad hopefully :lol: