Sunday's Breakfast Debate - NEXT 4 GAMES

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Sunday's Breakfast Debate - NEXT 4 GAMES

Post by 1964white »

Birmingham (a)
Fulham (a)
QPR (h)
Brighton (h)
hector

Re: Sunday's Breakfast Debate - NEXT 4 GAMES

Post by hector »

Still not the most optimistic, especially with our back 4 putting each other under pressure unnecessarily

so going for 8 points
2 wins 2 draws

so you see, no losses predicted from me this time...
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Birmingham (a) W
Fulham (a) W
QPR (h) W
Brighton (h) D

Tough set of four games coming up

Realistically 6 or 7 points would be a decent total

All four games have draws written over them but as we've only drawn 2 of our last 23 matches the stats suggest we'll either win or lose them !

I've gone for ten points as we seem to have found a way of winning game scruffily even though we are not playing well. If my predicted scores become reality that would be a magnificent total come the end of march. With suspensions for Ayling, Pontus & Bartley likely come April we need a sequence of wins under our belts to give us a bit of breathing space as we strive to secure a play-off place as soon as possible
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote:Birmingham (a)
Reading (a)
QPR (h)
Brighton (h)
You've got Reading mixed up with Fulham, anyway, W D W D but if we go about Brighton as we did Sheff Weds then we could beat them
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Birmingham (a)
WIN... big win... can't loose... believe me... black country... too much smoke in their lungs
out of breath... can't run for carrots... It's true. Okay?

Fulham (a)
WIN... yuuge win... Jaap Stam... total looser, trying to play total football... hasn't got a clue... clueless in extreme, believe me.
What? Stam does not manage Fulham... alternative facts... he will leave Reading for them... Believe me. Fulham changes
managers as often a a hooker changes her drawers... It's true Okay?

QPR (h)
WIN... tremendously easy win... so easy. Park Rangers... stupid name, are they from the forestry commission of something?

Brighton (h)
WIN... stupendous win... we will win so bad it will hurt... last time they only won with fake penalties... south coast loosers

I usually only give TENS but this time I give a TWELVE, cos we are the best... Believe me, It's true, Okay?
As my friend Garry says "we have to keep our eyes to the grindstone and our noses peeled"
But I say "A bird in the hand will shite in it" so set them free to follow the trawlers and let's make
Leeds great again.
Last edited by rab_rant on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
hector

Post by hector »

See the meds are working well again Rab......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:You've got Reading mixed up with Fulham, anyway, W D W D but if we go about Brighton as we did Sheff Weds then we could beat them
Thanks Rich :tup:

At least I'd had been heading in the right direction southwards :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think 6 pts is a realistic target and anything above would be fantastic. 'Experts' reckoning 4 more wins would secure a play-off spot and I still see us competing for 4th-7th with Reading, Sheff Wed and Norwich although Fulham could make it 4-8th if they can maintain their recent form. I think however that is an optimistically low target given that you'd normally expect a team to also pick up a few points from draws too whereas we seem to win or lose. Hopefully Ipswich will do us a favour today in the 6 fingered derby.

We need to avoid unnecessarily high expectation as it just puts pressure on the team when the fans start getting nervy, as they did after the back to back losses. We are going to lose matches that we wouldn't expect to but also hopefully pick up wins in matches where we'd have settled for draws - Mick McCarthy spoke recently about how his Wolves side that reached the play-offs went 13 matches without a win. When we were promoted from League 1 I think we lost 4 on the bounce - that's just football. A 1.5pt per game average until the end of the season would give us 79pts which I am sure would comfortable see us in the play-offs. I think a top 2 finish is out of the question barring us achieving over a 2 pt average in the remaining 12 matches.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We will lose one so 5 to 7 would be a good result considering our position
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm thinking 7 points
gessa

Post by gessa »

Listened to the game on Radio 5, on the long journey home from Scotland, Danny Mills asked the question, why is it that Leeds United seem to get all these demoted premier league refs and refs bought down from the premier to ref their big home games, he said ok he can see that some Championship ref's may freeze or even aren't up to the big atmospheres but from what he has witnessed the one's bought down aren't up to it either.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

gessa wrote:Listened to the game on Radio 5, on the long journey home from Scotland, Danny Mills asked the question, why is it that Leeds United seem to get all these demoted premier league refs and refs bought down from the premier to ref their big home games, he said ok he can see that some Championship ref's may freeze or even aren't up to the big atmospheres but from what he has witnessed the one's bought down aren't up to it either.
Agree there was a 10min period that included the Pen (wonderfully saved :) ) that the ref was trying bloody hard to give them a goal :evil:

W D W D but I think we may actually nick it at home against Brighton with a bit on luck on our side :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not sure what imput clubs get after a game with regard to the reffereeing of games but with so much at stake surely they could ask questions as to why some of these decisions are made , I know they have a standard answer of , a ref can only give what he sees but why do they see things so differently to thousands of others. I know it's a difficult job, especially with the amount of play acting that goes on and some decisions are so borderline but what infuriates me is the amount of simple decisions they get wrong and mainly the their own inconsistencies in a game, as BB said why were ours bookings and theirs not. Pontus's by all accounts was no way a booking but that decision could cost us in future games if he gets a 3 game ban, I know he's his own worst enemy at times but that's at least 3 unwarranted cards this season.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

W D W L, so 7 points. Brighton seem to have a hoodoo over us, so can see them nicking it at ER
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

rab_rant wrote:Birmingham (a)
WIN... big win... can't loose... believe me... black country... too much smoke in their lungs

Fulham (a)
WIN... yuuge win... Jaap Stam... total looser, trying to play total football... hasn't got a clue... clueless in extreme, believe me.
What? Stam does not manage Fulham... alternative facts... he will leave Reading for them... Believe me. Fulham changes

QPR (h)
WIN... tremendously easy win... so easy. Park Rangers... stupid name, are they from the forestry commission of something?

Brighton (h)
WIN... stupendous win... we will win so bad it will hurt... last time they only won with fake penalties... south coast loosers

I usually only give TENS but this time I give a TWELVE, cos we are the best... Believe me, It's true, Okay?
As my friend Garry says "we have to keep our eyes to the grindstone and our noses peeled"
But I say "A bird in the hand will shite in it" so set them free to follow the trawlers and let's make
Leeds great again.
Love the Trumpesque review.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Said it before we should really get a like option here ......
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

14 points needed from the last 12 games ...I think we get those. Two more wins and we can start to work out how to get our best 11 on the pitch for the first PO game

I'd love Taylor back
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Said it before we should really get a like option here ......
Need to pm Shields53 mate
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

rab_rant » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:22 am

Birmingham (a)

Fulham (a)

QPR (h)

Brighton (h)

Leeds great again.
You're so funny rab
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

We will lose one so 5 to 7 would be a good result considering our position
I've learned my lesson and agree.

Best part is, when you accept it, the anxiety recedes.

btw I think we'll beat Brighton but we may struggle with a couple of the others.