Leeds v QPR - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v QPR - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:Disappointing result and performance yesterday, off the ball I thought we did ok winning the ball back efficiently and putting pressure on QPR. I like how we are passing the ball out of the back it makes sense as all of our back 4 and Bridcutt/O'Kane/Viera are comfortable on the ball and this allows us to get the ball to Pablo's feet and allow him to express himself. First 15-20 minutes are build up play was fantastic to watch, however, it kept breaking down whenever it reached the attacking 3.
Green 8 : Crucial 1 on 1 save and his distribution and confidence on the ball was outstanding.
Ayling 6: Didn't really have much to do defensively,however, wasn't convincing when he did have to defend. On the ball he looked as confident as ever, however, made some bad decisions going forward.
Bartley 6: On the ball he managed to get the ball to Bridcutt or Ayling quickly, however, defensively he did ok overall with 2 crucial challenges on Matt Smith although did make 1-2 errors.
Pontus 8: Man Of The Match Won every header, tackle etc and made a particularly crucial challenge before half time
Berardi 7: Made a vital challenge on a corner were Matt Smith would have had a 2 yard open goal, however, Gaetano managed to outmuscle him and got in front of him to let the ball go out of play, then made another crucial challenge later on. Going forward he did ok particularly first half.
Bridcutt 7: Absolutely outstanding in the first half, collecting the ball off the back 4 and ran the game there were no excuses for Roofe- Pablo- Pedraza as Bridcutt was getting the ball to them in good areas, off the ball he was brilliant as well he wasn't always winning the ball, however, he stopped QPR's counter attacking momentum. A bit quieter in the second half.
Viera 7: His passing isn't great atm, however, off the ball he played very well particularly in the second half. Ronaldo tried to get forward at times as well.
Roofe 3: I genuinely can't remember Kemar touching the ball, didn't take any risks i.e. try and run at QPR.
Hernandez 3: His decision making was absolutely awful his set pieces were poor as well, not a good day at the office for Pablo no question that he should stay in the starting 11, however, maybe he needs to play in a slightly different position to be more effective over the next 9 games.
Pedraza 5: His touch is absolutely outstanding with him and Bridcutt had a very good understanding in the first half with Bridcutt often finding him with crossfield passes. He works quite hard off the ball as well, he didn't really create any chances but got into good positions in the first half. Very quiet second half.
Wood 6: Hard work, determination and his link up play was excellent, the problem was Pablo, Roofe, Pedraza created absolutely nothing for him he only needs 1 chance to score.
Substitutions:
Sacko 4: Put in one good cross, however, didn't take enough risks imo his decision making was very poor.
Doukara 7: Off the ball he did well and got into some good positions he didn't really create anything though.
O'Kane 7: Didn't have anything to do defensively, however, some clever movement and use of the ball meant we got the ball forward more.
Pontus holds us together once again :luv: :clap2:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

80 points would be I think the highest ever 6th place finish. We'd be extremely unlucky at 75 points if we failed to finish 6th.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:80 points would be I think the highest ever 6th place finish. We'd be extremely unlucky at 75 points if we failed to finish 6th.
Even easier if 75 points is the points tally we need to aim for, 9 in 9 games :-D
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I started a thread at the start of the season seeing what points tally we would need, can't think of the name of the thread any mods be able to see threads I've started? I'd imagine August time?
Just wanna see the points tally we suggested was needed.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:I started a thread at the start of the season seeing what points tally we would need, can't think of the name of the thread any mods be able to see threads I've started? I'd imagine August time?
Just wanna see the points tally we suggested was needed.
This Dezzy

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33328
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Lovely thanks 64
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..