Page 1 of 1

Consistency

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:45 pm
by weasel
Although we have not been playing well of late this team has been brilliant at continually picking up points and bouncing back from set-backs. The Derby performance is still fresh in people's minds but don't forget that just a week after that superb performance and we lost our next match 3-2 against Barnsley. Since the Barnsley game we have picked up 18 points from 10 matches. That in itself if replicated over the 37 matches we have played would put us on 66.6pts and guess what we are on 66pts which shows that we are consistent. The 10 previous matches yielded an excellent 22pts whilst the 10 matches previous to that produced 19pts so whilst we may have supposedly in performance we have only dipped slightly in terms of point accumulation.

We have a team that despite not playing well somehow manages to get results which could be crucial in the play-offs as no prizes are given out for style.

Re: Consistency

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:13 pm
by Norm
I'm not going to disagree with a word of that weasel.

Re: Consistency

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:01 pm
by hector
Norm wrote:I'm not going to disagree with a word of that weasel.
Ditto :tup:

Re: Consistency

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:12 pm
by Norm
hector wrote:

Ditto
larf

Re: Consistency

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:47 pm
by 1964white
weasel wrote:Although we have not been playing well of late this team has been brilliant at continually picking up points and bouncing back from set-backs. The Derby performance is still fresh in people's minds but don't forget that just a week after that superb performance and we lost our next match 3-2 against Barnsley. Since the Barnsley game we have picked up 18 points from 10 matches. That in itself if replicated over the 37 matches we have played would put us on 66.6pts and guess what we are on 66pts which shows that we are consistent. The 10 previous matches yielded an excellent 22pts whilst the 10 matches previous to that produced 19pts so whilst we may have supposedly in performance we have only dipped slightly in terms of point accumulation.

We have a team that despite not playing well somehow manages to get results which could be crucial in the play-offs as no prizes are given out for style.
We certainly have plenty of resilience in our ranks but the crux of the matter is we have a defence that continually & consistently keeps us in games

Re: Consistency

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 pm
by weasel
1964white wrote:We certainly have plenty of resilience in our ranks but the crux of the matter is we have a defence that continually & consistently keeps us in games
We have indeed but the whole side is setup to be defensively strong with Wood and Doukara involved in defending set pieces and our midfield being predominantly defensive minded and discliplined positionally rather then being overly creative/attacking/reckless. We often have wingers who 'put in a good shift' defensively. As such it is not just the defence, excellent though they have been in several matches, that deserves credit for us being strong defensively but the whole team and management. Many knocked Simon Grayson's management when he built a side to score more than we conceded which left us open to the occasional thumping whereas we have to accept that this team is set up differently and in being hard to beat we have also managed to snatch wins without appearing to play brilliantly (certainly possession wise). Being hard to beat, defensively set up and having a striker in good form was enough to win Blackburn Rovers a premiership title.