Squeaky BumTime

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
weasel

Re: Squeaky BumTime

Postby weasel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 am

If, and it's a huge if, we got promoted then Monk has already shown his capabilities with a very average Swansea side and all we need to do is finish 4th bottom - and worse case scenario if we do get relegated we'd have the parachute payments to enable us to bring in players.
Senor El Weasel

Norm
Manager
Manager

Postby Norm » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:31 pm

.I’m hearing points of view which suggest that – if we get promotion – the board would be OK with Monk presiding over a team which would be instantly demoted, and would then still follow Monk’s recommendations for new players we need to be funded by the parachute payments for our subsequent re-promotion!

Silly me, I must have missed something.

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Postby gessa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Burnley stuck with Dyche to get them back up, the parachute money helped the cause. Teams like West Brom and Stoke yo-yo'd for a few seasons, slowly building squads without going massively into debt, being careful with the money, both now pretty well established Premiership clubs. I think we all know that if we were to go up, we'd need at least 5 new players to be in with a chance of staying there, regardless of who the manager is. If the money isn't available and we don't get the players we need, Monk shouldn't be penalised for the club's lack of motion. If they were to throw cash at getting half a new team of players that Monk wants and we really struggle, then that's a different matter.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:40 pm

I think we have

GK - Green
RB - Beradi
CB - Jansson
CB - Bartley
LB - Taylor

premiership quality, the rest looks dodgy at premiership level.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Need , Janssen, Need, Bridcutt, Vierra, Gianni , Klitch, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Anita - Antonsson - Sacko - Weidwald - Dallas - Saiz

dezzy
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @pdezzy

Postby dezzy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:02 am

Aww, when we had hope!! Feel deflated reading this, but, we still have a chance
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

paddy parrott
First Team
First Team

Postby paddy parrott » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 am

I see your'e man Dezzy scored all four goals at Ross Co. last night. Liam Boyce has a hatful of goals now to his name. Could we add his services to '64's list for next season?Oh and Big Chris Wood aswell could we?

rich_leeds64
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @richleeds64

Postby rich_leeds64 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 am

dezzy wrote:Aww, when we had hope!! Feel deflated reading this, but, we still have a chance

Mathematically we do have a slim chance but we must win and either Fulham or Wednesday to lose then it'll roll on to the final weekend.... Stranger things have happened.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Funny things happen, pressure now on SW and FUL while we're about dead and hopefully free to play football.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Green, Beradi, Need , Janssen, Need, Bridcutt, Vierra, Gianni , Klitch, Hernandez, Wood

Ayling - Anita - Antonsson - Sacko - Weidwald - Dallas - Saiz

Return to “General Chat”