Call from "Microsoft Technical Department"

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Call from "Microsoft Technical Department"

Post by Durly »

Working from home today and got one of these scam calls from (supposedly) the Microsoft Technical Department to report a technical fault and urging me to go to my computer to log on and get the problem sorted :lol: So, as it was lunchtime, I thought I'd have a bit of fun. After saying that I was not in fact the owner of the house, I said I would go and fetch the owner. I then proceeded to give him 5 minutes of David Walliams-style "I'm a lady-ness". Told him he sounded nice and that I was having a party later if he would like to come round. He got quite exacerbated (can't think why) and finally lost it after me eventually telling him I didn't have a computer (I did make sure I asked "what's this about?" at least half a dozen times first though). In fact, he ended up telling me I was liar........a big, big, big liar............Bit harsh.

Anyone else had these cretins call up?
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Call from "Microsoft Technical Department"

Post by gotagetz »

nah, sadly I haven't, I do get the odd one or two telling me I was involved in an accident. I try and have a bit of fun, but I get hacked off too quickly and always cut the call short.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Durly wrote:Working from home today and got one of these scam calls from (supposedly) the Microsoft Technical Department to report a technical fault and urging me to go to my computer to log on and get the problem sorted :lol: So, as it was lunchtime, I thought I'd have a bit of fun. After saying that I was not in fact the owner of the house, I said I would go and fetch the owner. I then proceeded to give him 5 minutes of David Walliams-style "I'm a lady-ness". Told him he sounded nice and that I was having a party later if he would like to come round. He got quite exacerbated (can't think why) and finally lost it after me eventually telling him I didn't have a computer (I did make sure I asked "what's this about?" at least half a dozen times first though). In fact, he ended up telling me I was liar........a big, big, big liar............Bit harsh.

Not these but plenty pretending to be Talk Talk, they always get my surname wrong so know it's them.
Depending how busy I am, depends on how long I humour them, the last one everytime he said something, I just said "But you're a liar, aren't you"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:Working from home today and got one of these scam calls from (supposedly) the Microsoft Technical Department to report a technical fault and urging me to go to my computer to log on and get the problem sorted :lol: So, as it was lunchtime, I thought I'd have a bit of fun. After saying that I was not in fact the owner of the house, I said I would go and fetch the owner. I then proceeded to give him 5 minutes of David Walliams-style "I'm a lady-ness". Told him he sounded nice and that I was having a party later if he would like to come round. He got quite exacerbated (can't think why) and finally lost it after me eventually telling him I didn't have a computer (I did make sure I asked "what's this about?" at least half a dozen times first though). In fact, he ended up telling me I was liar........a big, big, big liar............Bit harsh.

Ha Ha :lol:

I use to have fun with these con men, now I tell the majority of them to go jump in the Indian ocean.

Sadly many vulnerable folk are conned by these tw*ts
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

I think this might be the culprit Durly :roflmao:

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

That's funny Bert - think I've seen it before but it's funny in this context.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

beer belly bert wrote:I think this might be the culprit Durly :roflmao:

That's the fella. Andrew Smith, I think he called himself. He did get very agitated towards the end of the conversation, bless him. :lol: