Leeds v Brighton - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Brighton - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Thought the ref Lee Mason had a very good game.....
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I've been critical of Green and Cooper in the past, but today both had really good games.
Awesome win.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

10 - Green: Best I've ever seen... simply tremendous... great saves Okay?
10 - Berardi: Punched Brighton in the dick.
10 - Bartley: Had Brighton by the balls
10 - Cooper: Played long balls from the back... boy did great
10 - Taylor: Made the goal for Wood with a byline cutback... superb... believe me Okay?
10 - Bridcutt: Crunched Brighton's crotch
10 - Vieira: Used Brighton's scrotum as a punchball
10 - Sacko: Kept it simple and all the better for it
10 - Hernandez: Slippery as an eel and as fast as a ferret... in and out of defenders shorts all game
10 - Pedraza: At last a winger who can shoot for goal
10 - Wood: Punched Stockdale in the dick TWICE

Subs
10 - Doukara: Took one in the dick from Tomori and got the penalty
10 -Dallas: Helped Berardi punch Marsh in the dick
10 - O'Kane: Came on to punch any dicks that had not already been punched.
10 - Monk: Tactically, had Hughton grabbed by the pussy all night long.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Best since Derby
Jansson didn't play that game either :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Jansson didn't play that game either :wink:
True Ayling played alongside Bartley

Still a quality footballer though, Pontus & KB are our best CB pairing since our prem days.

We wasn't under so much pressure at the back yesterday because Bridcutt & Vieira turned up for the first time in several games, that's what I expect from our defensive midfielders yesterday
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:True Ayling played alongside Bartley

Still a quality footballer though, Pontus & KB are our best CB pairing since our prem days.

We wasn't under so much pressure at the back yesterday because Bridcutt & Vieira turned up for the first time in several games, that's what I expect from our defensive midfielders yesterday
Just jesting mate, like Faaip I tend to steer clear of stats to form a decision on how a team plays, they rarely show a true picture.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Just jesting mate, like Faaip I tend to steer clear of stats to form a decision on how a team plays, they rarely show a true picture.
I know mate :-D

Stats can be so misleading
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:I know mate :-D

94% of stats are just made up on the spot. 17% of people already know that. 53% of people won't believe what I have said.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:I know mate :-D

Stats are like a young girl wearing a bikini.
They reveal so much, but often cover up the essentials.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Green- Solid game as usual, brilliant save preventing the Cooper own goal. Didn't really have anything to do after that other than a smart save from Murray. 8/10
Berardi- Kept Skalak quiet, when March came on he was starting to be tested a bit more defensively he passed that test comfortably as well and looked excellent on the ball as well. His positioning to stop the Cooper own goal was excellent. 8/10
Bartley- On the ball he was calm and class as always, had virtually nothing to do all game all of their chances came from lucky deflections. 7/10
Cooper- Similar to Bartley of course his near own goal was poor, however, he made 1 or 2 crucial challenges on Murray. 7/10
Taylor- Defensively exceptional against probably the best winger in the league, in the second half he got forward really really well. Exceptional cross for the big man's first goal only Pablo has assisted more goals for Wood than Charlie, his ability on the ball in any area on the pitch is just incredible. What an unbelievable footballer. 9/10
Bridcutt- What a captain, won the midfield battle comfortably, 1-2 vital interceptions, some lovely 30 yard passes to Alf (although 1-2 poor passes in the first half) and he got forward really really well in the second half. 8/10
Viera- Simply had too much energy for their midfield to get comfortable on the ball, got forward well in the first half and was just in the right place at the right time all the time to stop any potential Brighton counter attacks. Brilliant work for the first goal, in many ways Cook leaving has helped Viera and Phillips as I don't think they would have played anywhere near the amount of games they have played this season had Cook not been sold. 9/10
Sacko- Going forward he didn't really create anything, however, in the first half particularly he caused Rosenior a lot of problems and in the second half the defensive side of his game was very good. 6/10
Hernandez- One or two moments of absolute quality, however, his set pieces were average and some of Pablo's decision making was poor. 6/10
Pedraza- Off the ball he was absolutely exceptional and made sure that Charlie was never 1 v 1 against Knockaert. Going forward he had some very good moments as well he just never gives up on anything. A very high 7 but not quite an 8. 7/10
Wood- Man Of The Match, Hold up play exceptional once again, link up play excellent once again and 2 brilliant finishes. Brighton, Newcastle, Fulham and Norwich etc might all have this extra quality, however, we have the best 9/10
Subs:
Doukara- Brilliant impact on the game won the penalty such an intelligent performance, really hope he starts against Reading. 8/10
Dallas and O'Kane played less than 10 minutes.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gary Shaw wrote:Green- Solid game as usual, brilliant save preventing the Cooper own goal. Didn't really have anything to do after that other than a smart save from Murray. 8/10
Perhaps as important was when he was smartly off his line to narrow the angles when Murray broke through. Murray, with precious little to aim at, dragged his shot wide so it goes down as a shot off target rather than a save but if Green hadn't read the situation and been out so quickly Murray would have had more time and a much easier finish.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Perhaps as important was when he was smartly off his line to narrow the angles when Murray broke through. Murray, with precious little to aim at, dragged his shot wide so it goes down as a shot off target rather than a save but if Green hadn't read the situation and been out so quickly Murray would have had more time and a much easier finish.
Good point :tup: I was expecting the ball nestling in the far corner of the net, as you say Green probably got his angles correct preventing Murray from hitting the target

Green is now showing the form that made him an international keeper
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Despite being frustrated how we started the game and the lack of intent shown in the first 45, I then realised quickly in the second that it was all part of a tactical masterclass from GM. No way did he want to get involved in an open ' end to end ' game with Brighton as they have so many weapons that can hurt you, so it became clear that he wanted to draw the sting out if the Seagulls by keeping it nice and compact in the opening 45. It was a brilliant bit of coaching - very impressed how the game plan was planned and orchestrated.
Of course, opening goal was crucial but I think we more than warranted it at that stage. Well done lads, keep this going !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Liked what I saw from Pedrazza, has a bit of psycho in his eyes and hell of tenacious on and off the ball. Like the idea of Doukara coming off the bench as an instant impact player. Think he tends to go adrift at times when he starts. The shorter time on the pitch as a sub maybe helps his focus, but I could be wrong.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011