Terror Attacks in Westminster

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Terror Attacks in Westminster

Post by Gandalf »

Just reported that up to 12 people injured by a 4x4 ploughing into them on Westminster Bridge, plus a lone man wielding a knife breaching security at the Houses of Parliament. Reports of a police officer stabbed, and the attacker shot dead. Parliament in lock down.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Terror Attacks in Westminster

Post by 1964white »

This cowardly act has become the norm in terrorist attacks

One poor woman died on the bridge

People stuck on the London Eye

Information sketchy atm

Always on the cards, words fail me. I know what I'd like to say :x
gessa

Post by gessa »

Reports, the stabbed officer has died, also a lady has died in hospital and a body seen floating in the Thames, also reports at least another 2 bodies seen fully covered over on Westminster Bridge. The man shot dead is the same one that ploughed the 4x4 in to the crowd of people and when it crashed, got out and stabbed the Police Officer.

Awful news :cry:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just feel so sorry for the victims and their families :

Imagine a loved one leaving you in the morning then never seeing them again.

How do you come to terms with something like this.....awful
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BBC reporter just said women pulled alive from the river.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MP's being allowed to leave Houses of Parliament
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Four people died including the attacker

20 injured
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Attacks like these absolutely sicken me. Innocent people going about their daily business murdered by a fanatic who has no place on this earth. It angers me that a tiny minority are holding our country, in fact the whole world to ransom. It's costing us millions of pounds in anti terror measures every day, money that could be spent on health and education.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Attacks like these absolutely sicken me. Innocent people going about their daily business murdered by a fanatic who has no place on this earth. It angers me that a tiny minority are holding our country, in fact the whole world to ransom. It's costing us millions of pounds in anti terror measures every day, money that could be spent on health and education
Ironically our emergency services were treating the culprit of this horror incident
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Condolences to the families/friends who have lost their loved ones. Hopefully the seriously injured will recover given time

RIP to the police officer Keith Palmer (a true hero) & the other three people who sadly lost their lives

As for the attacker hope the IS worshipper rots in hell :evil:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just heard the Mum who was killed was on her way to pick up her kids aged 8 & 11.
Absolutely tragic for the family and in particular the young kids.

Apparently the cowardly lunatic was known to MI5.....Scary !!
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:Condolences to the families/friends who have lost their loved ones. Hopefully the seriously injured will recover given time

RIP to the police officer Keith Palmer (a true hero) & the other three people who sadly lost their lives

As for the attacker hope the IS worshipper rots in hell :evil:
He is a scumbag but....not Islam.....perhaps Islamic State worshipper ??
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:He is a scumbag but.....you are veering towards Islamophobia....... :?
IS state have claimed responsibility & he was apparently an active member of their movement

I have nothing against Islam/Muslims/Buddists or any other religious group of people.

Only individuals who perpetrate such hideous crimes. No phobia here Ronan
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Ronan wrote:He is a scumbag but....not Islam.....perhaps Islamic State worshipper ??
How dare you call him a scumbag. He is a hero to his people and like minded supporters.

Everyone who commits these kinds of acts is a scumbag. This includes Arabs, English and even Irish.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

BobHirst wrote:How dare you call him a scumbag. He is a hero to his people and like minded supporters.

Everyone who commits these kinds of acts is a scumbag. This includes Arabs, English and even Irish.
And your point is Bob ? :duno:

As mystifying as your other quote on the Martin McGuinness thread :

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Let's show respect to Sadamm Hussein, Osama Bin Laden and Gadaffi as well."
Last edited by Ronan on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:IS state have claimed responsibility & he was apparently an active member of their movement

I have nothing against Islam/Muslims/Buddists or any other religious group of people.

Only individuals who perpetrate such hideous crimes. No phobia here Ronan
Thanks 64.....i appreciate your editing....Islamic State love to sow division....that was very magnanimous of you and unfortunately i had hit my Islamophobia post before i edited mine...oops :oops:
Whitecapswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Whitecapswhite »

BobHirst wrote:How dare you call him a scumbag. He is a hero to his people and like minded supporters.

Well said....no argument there. Makes me sick this islamphobia BS........who makes/causes this phobia? There lies the answer, lies being the word. Seriously? I wake up one morning and think hey I think I will start hating all things Islam.
f**king snowflakes.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Whitecapswhite wrote:Well said....no argument there. Makes me sick this islamphobia BS........who makes/causes this phobia? There lies the answer, lies being the word. Seriously? I wake up one morning and think hey I think I will start hating all things Islam.
f**king snowflakes.
Spoken like Shakespeare......I am still trying to decipher what exactly your rant means ??? :duno:
Whitecapswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Whitecapswhite »

Ronan wrote:Spoken like Shakespeare......I am still trying to decipher what exactly your rant means ??? :duno:

Simply put....you correct a poster for bordering on islamphobia (and I'm not fighting in that 64 dudes corner) you didn't sound to comfortable with the said post. Well I'm not too comfortable with dead and maimed ordinary folk on the streets of my country. Seemed to me you don't want to upset a certain set, putting your priorities right huh?

"I know what we are but know not what we may be"
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

"Whitecapswhite"]Simply put....you correct a poster for bordering on islamphobia (and I'm not fighting in that 64 dudes corner) you didn't sound to comfortable with the said post. Well I'm not too comfortable with dead and maimed ordinary folk on the streets of my country. Seemed to me you don't want to upset a certain set, putting your priorities right huh?

Let's not beat around the bush...what set are you referring to that i don't want to upset ? The Muslim community ?

Let me state a fact........Islamic State isn't the same as Islamic worshippers...you cannot tar everyone with the same brush.....i know for a fact living in N.Ireland, that words and statements are to be used very carefully.

Islamic State have bastardised Islam to their own warped aims and are evil.

You are playing right into their hands.

And for "snowflakes"...that was just childish.