A Star is Born

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

A Star is Born

Post by John in Louisiana »

I doubt any of you stayed up late enough last night to watch the USA dismantle Honduras by a score of 6-0.

if you did, however, you were treated to a bravura performance by Christian Pulisic who at 18 years of age is fast developing into the greatest American player ever. He dominated the game and was the best player on the field by far, even better than Clint Dempsey who had a hat trick.

Pulisic has been on Borussia Dortmund's first team since he was 17. A brilliant passer, fabulous on the ball, and with a true knack for when to go forward, he is clearly the leader of our national team. Honduras thought so, too, as they went after him pretty mercilessly.

If you have the chance, check this kid out.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: A Star is Born

Post by Norm »

I've been reading up on him John - some find. I'd love to see some video of him and I'm sure that'll be rectified soon.
By the sound of it just what the US has needed for a long time to come of age.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Norm wrote:I've been reading up on him John - some find. I'd love to see some video of him and I'm sure that'll be rectified soon.
By the sound of it just what the US has needed for a long time to come of age.
Unfortunately the video highlights never do justice to players of his ilk. His value lies in the way he controls the tempo and dictates the flow of the game and the personality of the entire team. The USA have never had a player like this, and he's only 18 years old.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

John in Louisiana wrote:

Unfortunately the video highlights never do justice to players of his ilk. His value lies in the way he controls the tempo and dictates the flow of the game and the personality of the entire team. The USA have never had a player like this, and he's only 18 years old.
That's why I mentioned the US coming of age - such a player is needed and, with careful management, hopefully he'll be instrumental in the US becoming a real football power.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip thanks for the videos - appreciate it.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Norm wrote:faaip thanks for the videos - appreciate it.
Yes. Thanks!