Cricket 2018

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Cricket 2018

Post by 1964white »

On the field I can't see England batting out for a draw on the final day's play unless the rain has a say on the outcome
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:45 pm Who spotted the footage in the first place Harry? I haven't heard any report on that...? It just seems to have come out of nowhere...
I can't remember who spotted it first. It happened overnight here.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 pm On the field I can't see England batting out for a draw on the final day's play unless the rain has a say on the outcome
Our Joe took a nasty injury to his hand. The bowler went straight away for his hand again next ball, and got him. Nasty! Joe out, seriously....is this cricket? Do we want to see players deliberately injured? Or is this now part of the game....
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:11 pm I can't remember who spotted it first. It happened overnight here.
The host broadcasters (SuperSport South Africa) eagle eyed cameramen spotted the whole incident including the part that Darren Lehmann, Australia's coach, saw that Bancroft ( the guy that was using the tape/sandpaper illegally on the ball ) had been caught on screen. Lehmann then on he's walkie-talkie got in touch with the substitute fielder on the boundary fence who then ran out and sheepishly told Bancroft to hide the tape/sandpaper. Bancroft then puts it down he's pants !!

The reason this is so shocking, compared to other incidents of the past , is the premeditated nature of what went on. Steve Smith, aussie captain admitted that they concocted the plan during the lunch break. To be honest, it now makes you wonder how many other times they may have done this and got away with it !

Likes of Smith and Lehmann have to be sacked immediately by Cricket Australia, the outcry is too intensive, and be banned for a long time - certainly a lot longer than the feable 1 match suspension given to Smith by the woefully inept ICC.

Throw the book at them CA, that's the only way you stop kids seeing this and thinking its worth doing !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Gurj wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:12 am The host broadcasters (SuperSport South Africa) eagle eyed cameramen spotted the whole incident including the part that Darren Lehmann, Australia's coach, saw that Bancroft ( the guy that was using the tape/sandpaper illegally on the ball ) had been caught on screen. Lehmann then on he's walkie-talkie got in touch with the substitute fielder on the boundary fence who then ran out and sheepishly told Bancroft to hide the tape/sandpaper. Bancroft then puts it down he's pants !!

The reason this is so shocking, compared to other incidents of the past , is the premeditated nature of what went on. Steve Smith, aussie captain admitted that they concocted the plan during the lunch break. To be honest, it now makes you wonder how many other times they may have done this and got away with it !

Likes of Smith and Lehmann have to be sacked immediately by Cricket Australia, the outcry is too intensive, and be banned for a long time - certainly a lot longer than the feable 1 match suspension given to Smith by the woefully inept ICC.

Throw the book at them CA, that's the only way you stop kids seeing this and thinking its worth doing !!
Cheers Gurj

As you say the premeditated nature of it all makes it much worse than previous incidents involving ball tampering, as does the collaboration involved.

The Aussie cricket team is saying that Lehman was not involved, but I find that hard to believe.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Doesn't surprise me tbh. I've heard from a reliable source that has tampered with his balls that Harry has smooth and rough sides to each and likes them rubbed with sandpaper, sugar etc...
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:26 am Cheers Gurj

As you say the premeditated nature of it all makes it much worse than previous incidents involving ball tampering, as does the collaboration involved.

The Aussie cricket team is saying that Lehman was not involved, but I find that hard to believe.
Bowlers must all have been party as well, no way the team are going to do anything to the ball without their say so + they would immediately notice any changes in the condition of the ball.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:27 am Our Joe took a nasty injury to his hand. The bowler went straight away for his hand again next ball, and got him. Nasty! Joe out, seriously....is this cricket? Do we want to see players deliberately injured? Or is this now part of the game....
Cricket is nearly dead, with hitball taking it's place....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Anyone see the interviews today by Smith and Bancroft blubbering? Sorry they say, more like sorry they got caught!! They knew what they were doing, just didn't think anyone would catch them at it. I googled the interview today of Smith and Bancroft gigling like schoolboys at the so called Johny Bairstow 'headbut' incident. They were shocking....as was the downright nasty sledging they aimed at Bairstow. It was so bad that Bairstow said that he would report them if they went any further.....well, they're not laughing now, I for one am very pleased to say!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Coach Darren Lehmann resigns from his post
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 pm Coach Darren Lehmann resigns from his post
I saw that 64, he is a lot responsible for the way that the Australian Cricket team have behaved over the last few years. Bowling to knock players heads off...aggressive sledging, not to mention asking the crowd to send Stuart Broad home in tears at the previous ashes. And I wont mention the 'treatment' dished out to Jonathan Trott who had to return home early due to stress!
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

481.. :shirtw: :clapp: :clape:
Record score by England..